Twitter: Jerry Jones on opposing fans at AT&T Stadium

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Umm yes Jerry is money first.....but he didnt sell his booth ticket online to a Bronco's fan..The "Money 1st" Cowboy fans did that...

right.....those fans are the ones to "blame". Jerry does make money off anyone anyway. He don't care. PSL is the problem which will never change. I rather just watch from my own private seat on the couch.

Forneymike

Reaction score
I need to find the article I read a few years ago about protocols teams like the Eagles and Patriots put in place to prevent this type of thing from happening at their home stadium. Or at least mitigate it. There are things the Cowboys can do, they just don't care.
I've been to Patriots games and I hate the Patriots...there were no "protocols" to keep me from buying the tickets in a secondary market. If you find the ability to stop visiting teams fans from buying tickets from secondary market show me. I don't think it exists

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I've been to Patriots games and I hate the Patriots...there were no "protocols" to keep me from buying the tickets in a secondary market. If you find the ability to stop visiting teams fans from buying tickets from secondary market show me. I don't think it exists

correct there is a diference between "Filthy beagles home games are stinkhole so I aint going" and "I'm trying to buy tickets from online and it aint letting me"...lol

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't get why fans get mad at ownership when there are large opposing fans at a stadium.
If the teams fans would buy the tickets or not sell the tickets to other fans, they would not have as many chances for other teams fans to be there.
I Could understand if the team is losing game after game in a terrible season and the Fans don't want to be there to support it so more tickets go to opposing fans, however this team was on a winning streak. This should have been a prime time for more cowboys fans to by buying tickets and not selling the tickets they might have.

If fans should get mad at anyone for the number of opposing fans at a home game they should be mad at Cowboys fans for not buying the tickets or selling the tickets.

I also notice nobody seems to complain too much when there is a large amount of Dallas Fans at stadiums of games at other teams stadiums. There was a considerable amount of Dallas fans at the Vikings stadium.
True but we have a unique situation with the Cowboys at home and abroad unlike with any other franchises in comparisons.

On the road we have a sizable fanbase in many parts of the country . And at home we have many season ticket holders who are unable to walk away from their PSL commitments and broker out to justify the cost along with another segment of season ticket holders owned by business who use them as entertainment to their customers and associates many of which who are from other areas wanting an opportunity to attend their favorite team.

I really can’t think of any other franchise which has such a sizable opposing fans in attendance unless the Cowboys are in play on the road or at home.

There probably is other venues where season ticket holders broker out their seats. There just isn’t a venue where so many are sold to opposing fans unless the Cowboys are in town. And in Dallas there’s so many fans who have moved here and brought their fandom with them which all in all creates a unique situation at home and abroad.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean not much he could do. It's all secondary selling by the fans. Hell even the people who "own" the seat don't know who is buying the seats from them that week.

It is common sense and many fans on here refuse to believe this.
As it does not fit their narrative and agenda on hating on Jerry or anything with this team.

So they do not have that common sense, or just want to continue to whine about it, so foolishly ignore it.

I wonder if the same fans are quick to point out about how we take over stadiums as well, or do they go to the opposing teams site to whine there too. :laugh:
Or,do they ignore that, because it is not Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
what is kind of amusing is we have had some members here stating they will not go to the games because they do not want to put money in Jerry pocket yet now upset because fans of opposing teams have no issue coming to AT&T to support their teams.

I find it actually hilarious we have such a strong showing by opposing fans . It illustrates more of the unique and dysfunctional situation we have here.

Im proud of our local fanbase for their apathy towards Jethro. And they can still hold him responsible for the opposing fans which is about his ways not the team.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is much ado about nothing. Every owner in the league sells his tickets and doesn't have rules against reselling and the Cowboys fans probably resell more than any other fanbase.

I don't think it is fair to paint him as not caring, he would rather have his own fans a hell of a lot louder in his home stadium but his team didn't cooperate.

How funny to see this stuff along with the America's Team because the Cowboys have so many fans at away games. Do those fans complain about their owner?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I need to find the article I read a few years ago about protocols teams like the Eagles and Patriots put in place to prevent this type of thing from happening at their home stadium. Or at least mitigate it. There are things the Cowboys can do, they just don't care.
Who cares? It's a business, not a hobby.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It is common sense and many fans on here refuse to believe this.
As it does not fit their narrative and agenda on hating on Jerry or anything with this team.

So they do not have that common sense, or just want to continue to whine about it, so foolishly ignore it.

I wonder if the same fans are quick to point out about how we take over stadiums as well, or do they go to the opposing teams site to whine there too. :laugh:
Or,do they ignore that, because it is not Jerry.
I’m not sure if you’re not from the DFW area fans really let it sink in that in one hand the Cowboys are our favorite sports franchise while Jethro Jone$ is the most hated sports personality.

It’s a most unusual marriage . One we have to live with until death does us part for better or worse.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I find it actually hilarious we have such a strong showing by opposing fans . It illustrates more of the unique and dysfunctional situation we have here.

Im proud of our local fanbase for their apathy towards Jethro. And they can still hold him responsible for the opposing fans which is about his ways not the team.

I'm sure opposing teams have issues with Cowboys fans on the road as there have been many instances where the crowds were at least 40/60 Cowboy fans. Fact is even when the team was ran by Tex I went to many games at Texas Stadium where opposing teams fans were there in large numbers.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A great many of these season ticket holders earmark which games they will sell their tickets to recoup some of their cost and I would think the DEN game was perfect and easy to sell the tickets.

I would also assume that those that sold their tickets are ecstatic they did. Whatever the hell they did was better than devoting 6+ hours to that and they made some money back.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is much ado about nothing. Every owner in the league sells his tickets and doesn't have rules against reselling and the Cowboys fans probably resell more than any other fanbase.

I don't think it is fair to paint him as not caring, he would rather have his own fans a hell of a lot louder in his home stadium but his team didn't cooperate.

How funny to see this stuff along with the America's Team because the Cowboys have so many fans at away games. Do those fans complain about their owner?
No, generally only the local fans bash our owner. They don’t have to live in the same town with him. He doesn’t represent their community, city and home franchise .

It’s an entirely different scenario. And why the Cowboys are our favorite franchise while Jethro is the most hated sports personality in DFW area.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Ive been to Philly. December 2014 when Dez had 3 tds in the first half. I was wearing a Dez jersey. I wasnt starting any issues or anything of the sort. I was ran out of the stadium in fear of my life at Halftime. Walking into the stadium I had a football thrown at me, a water bottle, and was called the worst names ever. Normally I would fight back as I have a long history of martial arts but when its 30000 on 1. It doesnt matter. That place is gross and I will NEVER set foot in that stadium again.

Sorry you had to go through that. That's why I wish the Philly jerks would just lose their football team. I wish someone would buy it, move it, and rebrand it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm sure opposing teams have issues with Cowboys fans on the road as there have been many instances where the crowds were at least 40/60 Cowboy fans. Fact is even when the team was ran by Tex I went to many games at Texas Stadium where opposing teams fans were there in large numbers.
I was a season ticket holder at Texas Stadium for most of 4 decades . And we didn’t have tens of thousand of opposing fans in attendance .

And you’re right about those home fans having problems with Cowboy fans in attendance. I used to travel on road games. Some venues like Philly and SF were worse than others.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A great many of these season ticket holders earmark which games they will sell their tickets to recoup some of their cost and I would think the DEN game was perfect and easy to sell the tickets.

I would also assume that those that sold their tickets are ecstatic they did. Whatever the hell they did was better than devoting 6+ hours to that and they made some money back.
No doubt there are some teams fans which draw premium scalp broker prices.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
No, generally only the local fans bash our owner. They don’t have to live in the same town with him. He doesn’t represent their community, city and home franchise .

It’s an entirely different scenario. And why the Cowboys are our favorite franchise while Jethro is the most hated sports personality in DFW area.

To be honest its because he is always on air here...If you look at what he has done in the 2 communities he has brought the Cowboys 2 here, he should be givin an award, honetly. But when you here him constantly on air and TV here, you start wanting to choke him out..LOL

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I was a season ticket holder at Texas Stadium for most of 4 decades . And we didn’t have tens of thousand of opposing fans in attendance .

That is probably the diference between Texas Stadium and the Deathstar...one was a decaying stadium and the other is literally a tourist attraction.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
and I went to a lot of games and can remember of a hell of a lot of WFT fans at games, same with many other team. I was going to Cowboy fans back when they were in the cotton bowl all I can tell you is I have seen a lot of opposing fans attending Cowboys home games through out the years even prior to Jerry whom I know you blame for everything but this situation is not on jerry.