Jerry Jones on the Rich Eisen Show: "We're Sold On Dak"

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Chalk it up to a bad *** that the other team game planned for because Linehan was a loser. Even Amari himself acknowledged that. I like a lot of your posts, mattj, just can’t agree to this one.

LOL I love how all of Cooper's Zeke's failings all are about "everyone focused on them"

Cooper has been inconsistent with 2 teams in his career. Was Coopers awful hands in Oakland on other players as well? Maybe Carr put butter on the football.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
When you go from having a 200 yard game to then averaging 1-2 catches a game for an average of 9 yards...that's a problem.

Oh, and by the way, he did this in Oakland as well. This wasn't unique to Dallas. When 5 of your TDs and most of your yards come in two games, that shows inconsistency.....which got him traded from the Raiders.
It’s called game planning, which still lead to the Cowboys going from dead in the water at 3-5 to a playoff win which ain’t **** when we need to get past the divisional round, and that has a lot to do with play calling.

Resign Amari F-Ing Cooper yesterday! Do you think Dez was gonna do what Amari did! Nope!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It’s called game planning, which still lead to the Cowboys going from dead in the water at 3-5 to a playoff win which ain’t **** when we need to get past the divisional round, and that has a lot to do with play calling.

Resign Amari F-Ing Cooper yesterday! Do you think Dez was gonna do what Amari did! Nope!

I don't think Dez ever led the league in drops twice or at a near historic rate like Cooper did.

Nav22

Reaction score
Zeke and the offensive line don't benefit from Dak.

All of Dak's successes are entirely the result of Zeke and the offensive line.

You just have to understand what you're watching.
The mediocre OL we trotted out last year was responsible for Dak’s success?

Zeke LOLLL, so why wasn’t Barry Sanders able to turn the bum QBs in Detroit into studs?????

You’re remedial for thinking good QB play is easy to come by in the NFL.

“DURRR JUST GET A DECENT OL AND RUNNING BACK!”
:laugh:

erod

Reaction score
The mediocre OL we trotted out last year was responsible for Dak’s success?

Zeke LOLLL, so why wasn’t Barry Sanders able to turn the bum QBs in Detroit into studs?????

You’re remedial for thinking good QB play is easy to come by in the NFL.

“DURRR JUST GET A DECENT OL AND RUNNING BACK!”
:laugh:
Yeah, you have absolutely no idea what you're watching. Just as we all thought.

erod

Reaction score
Reports during camp was Dak was looking better than Kellen Moore. Dak even performed better in preseason before Moore got injured, so Dak was going to win the backup position regardless.

As for Moore being a career backup, well, wasn't he Romo's backup when he got here?

No, he wasn't Romo's backup. I suggest you do some serious research on Kellen Moore. You have no idea who he is.

Moore went undrafted, then spent three seasons in Detroit and never played in a game. He was the 3rd-string QB behind Dan Orlovsky.

Linehan brought him here to be the 3rd-string guy, first behind Brandon Weeden and then Matt Cassel.

He played three games in 2015 after Romo broke his collar bone for the second time that season. (Actually, it wasn't healed and he tried to play with it.)

He entered 2016 listed as the 2nd-stringer for the first time in his career. He broke his leg on August 2nd, just a few days into camp, and Dak took over.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah, you have absolutely no idea what you're watching. Just as we all thought.
“We all” LOLLL

You mean everyone EXCEPT those who think Dak’s a good QB, right?

Bill Parcells included.

You should stick to monster trucks.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Zeke and the offensive line don't benefit from Dak.

All of Dak's successes are entirely the result of Zeke and the offensive line.

You just have to understand what you're watching.
Complete BS. And you question what people are watching? Wow.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Strangest negotiation with a QB that I have ever seen. There is no leverage from ownership and they have given it up for almost a full year.

"We're sold!"

Are they trying to convince themselves or the fans? Why should they have to be sold in the first place?

Was it ever like this when Romo's contract was getting due? No, they just did it.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
I don't think Dez ever led the league in drops twice or at a near historic rate like Cooper did.
And yet Cooper was awesome last year. Dez is still trying to figure out how to run full speed, much less get clutch and catch a ball. But I’m sure he’s hit the weights and looks great catching balls off the jugs.

Probably great at trash talking and starting fights. Lol

sean10mm

Reaction score
I don't think the Cowboys pretending to not care about re-singing the quarterback they want to re-sign would actually fool anybody, or anybody's agent. There isn't One Weird Trick to get your QB for $10m/year less than what he thinks his market value is.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
And yet Cooper was awesome last year. Dez is still trying to figure out how to run full speed, much less get clutch and catch a ball. But I’m sure he’s hit the weights and looks great catching balls off the jugs.

Probably great at trash talking and starting fights. Lol

And Cooper was "awesome" in 2016. Yet, flubbed in 2017 and got shipped off when he was inconsistent with the Raiders in 2018.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
How much do you love romo on a scale of 1-10?
giphy.gif

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think the Prescott threads really take off at night.

When the loonies take over the board.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I think the Prescott threads really take off at night.

When the loonies take over the board.
I guess I'm glad I'm gone by the evening.
Probably so is everyone else.