Twitter: Jerry Jones on what Marinelli said to Marvin Austin

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Rod Marinelli is straight shooter, will tell you what is up and if a player doesn't do as told, he is gone, love it. Again, Marinelli is best signing during last off season.

Can we please make him HEAD COACH!!!!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This Marinelli love is getting sickening. He is a good coach , but no need to take it overboard.

If Jerry had hired this type of coach sooner we wouldn't be in this mess. Marinelli is the real deal.

JS22

Reaction score
Really hoping that they can keep Marinelli on next year somehow. I wonder if there's an "agreement" that Kiffin is here to establish things and Marinelli is the plan for DC within the next year or two.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
That was then and this is now. Different situation different environment.

I think we need to keep letting him do what he does best.. concentrate on defense. Dline now and DCoordinator when Monte has had enuff.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
All you English nuts get out of here now if not sooner

jnday

Reaction score
If you can't recognize a great coach when you see it, that's fine, ... but you can't stop others from showing their admiration.

I think he is a very good coach. I never said otherwise. There is a big difference between admiration and going overboard. I would like to see him as the DC myself. I think Kiffin is over the hill and I would prefer Marinelli. I am just not going to get silly about him.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I think he is a very good coach. I never said otherwise. There is a big difference between admiration and going overboard. I would like to see him as the DC myself. I think Kiffin is over the hill and I would prefer Marinelli. I am just not going to get silly about him.

Oh, OK, .. your first post was "This Marinelli love is getting sickening. He is a good coach , but no need to take it overboard."

And now you say, "I think he is a very good coach. I would like to see him as the DC myself." ... Big difference.

If that would have been your first post, I would not have responded like I did.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
The trim the fat tweet is disturbing from a creditable player. I really hope Marvin thinks this is his last chance and makes the most of it. I hope Rod can motivate him because he has game. Also would be really nice to rub it in the Giants face a little, but there are reasons why teams like the Giants trim the fat once and a while regardless of draft stature.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Really hoping that they can keep Marinelli on next year somehow. I wonder if there's an "agreement" that Kiffin is here to establish things and Marinelli is the plan for DC within the next year or two.

If Lovie Smith gets a coaching job next year, Marinelli will leave to be his DC. I think the only way he stays in Dallas if Lovie not getting another job. There bond is a lot stronger than his with Garrett.

morasp

Reaction score
The trim the fat tweet is disturbing from a creditable player. I really hope Marvin thinks this is his last chance and makes the most of it. I hope Rod can motivate him because he has game. Also would be really nice to rub it in the Giants face a little, but there are reasons why teams like the Giants trim the fat once and a while regardless of draft stature.

I took it that maybe he doesn't always play hard. I would rather hear that then character issues. I'm pretty sure he'll either play hard for Marinelli or he won't be hear.

jnday

Reaction score
Can you give the head coach any credit for that direction?

Would you blame the head coach if you didn't like the direction?
i
Oh, OK, .. your first post was "This Marinelli love is getting sickening. He is a good coach , but no need to take it overboard."

And now you say, "I think he is a very good coach. I would like to see him as the DC myself." ... Big difference.

If that would have been your first post, I would not have responded like I did.
. I should have made myself clear. From day one, I had rather have him as DC over Kiffin. Good, very good or whatever, he is the best coach on the staff as far as I am concerned. I just don't fall in love with any of them.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
why was he cut after 1 year with the Giants?

they gave up on a 2nd round pick awfully quick didn't they?