Twitter: Jerry Jones on what Marinelli said to Marvin Austin

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Jerry's paraphrasing and that Marinelli didn't actually use a double negative to imply his own rules mess up his DL unit.

Haha. I'm hoping that's the case.

honyock

Reaction score
I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that Jerry's paraphrasing and that Marinelli didn't actually use a double negative to imply his own rules mess up his DL unit.

I don't not agree with you. And it might have been a little less G-rated as Jerry's version as well.

Blue Eyed Devil

Reaction score
Rod Marinelli is straight shooter, will tell you what is up and if a player doesn't do as told, he is gone, love it. Again, Marinelli is best signing during last off season.
+1 to this, that guy has done an incredible job under an impossible situation.

Marinelli is all about creating chaos. Chaos among opposing o-lines, chaos among QBs, chaos about his own rules. If you can't not follow the rules then you have what it takes to make sure QBs never know what's coming.

newlander

Reaction score
Rod Marinelli is straight shooter, will tell you what is up and if a player doesn't do as told, he is gone, love it. Again, Marinelli is best signing during last off season.

yep...I said that at the time man....he is a STUD and when Kiffin retires, I'd love Rod to be the DC

.btw: you guys notice what happened to the Bears D' when he left? Sure, Lovie was a good coach but Marinelli is NAILS....flat out butt kicker

blackbull

Reaction score
yep...I said that at the time man....he is a STUD and when Kiffin retires, I'd love Rod to be the DC

.btw: you guys notice what happened to the Bears D' when he left? Sure, Lovie was a good coach but Marinelli is NAILS....flat out butt kicker

Didn't bears make the Super Bowl before Rod got there? Lets be careful now.

Fredd

Reaction score
for anyone doubting Marinelli, just think of what the DLine would be if ryan were still here (with all of the injuries)....ryan had a lot of injuries last year and the D fell apart...no so much this year...just a little comparison

Mr. Pigskin

Reaction score
Where did you hang out with him? He knew Saturday he was going to sign with us? Did he look in shape, or did he look overweight? What was his demeanor like? Slow, upbeat?

I know a lot of questions, but you could usually get a vibe on a person even in a 2 minute conversation.

We were out on H. st in dc. He looked like he was in great shape. He knew he was flying out to meet the cowboys that night. He was excited about the opportunity. I was telling him marinelli will get the most out of him and he agreed. He was very excited he just kept nor ambling about how excited he was. He mentioned that he doesn't think Philbin will be able to keep the Dolphins locker room much longer. Who knows?