Jerry Jones reaction to clock managment

stilltheguru

Reaction score
It's not just about the QB bro.. He had the team playing well enough overall to compete in many NFC championship games as well as winning a super bowl.. This isn't just about Arod, he can't do it alone... Thats okay, I understand how hurt we get as fans and sometimes find it hard to see the smoke through the trees.. Good luck.
We'll agree to disagree

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
C’mon Ranch - it didn’t need to be a 56-yarder and it shouldn’t have been. Moron Mike with more cosching hijinks.
Things happen in the heat of the moment. I'm not saying it was right, just saying that it could have easily led to a bad play. I'll take the win with a big smile.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The team needs to just move on. Quit answering questions about it. The more they talk the dumber the situation looks.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
:facepalm:

I get it, he and/or his coaching staff screwed up with the rotation / ready to run a play on 3rd Down.

Yet despite that, he NAILED "the backup plan" so to speak.

If you want to hate the guy who sets your team up for a kick 32 out of 32 NFL teams would take in a close game like that, then hate away.
:thumbup:

If you use the time correctly but fail to gain yardage and end up with the same kick, I'm not calling him out.

3yr olds were calling for the timeout as soon as the run was over. It's that basic, given the situation.

If you aren't preparing for these situations all year, what are you doing in your end of game situational practices?

Zman5

Reaction score
If we had run another play it would have been a quick out for about 3 to 5 yards. Could have also been an interception, fumble, sack etc....just saying.

We usually get a holding penalty in that situation

SackMaster

Reaction score
If you use the time correctly but fail to gain yardage and end up with the same kick, I'm not calling him out.

3yr olds were calling for the timeout as soon as the run was over. It's that basic, given the situation.

If you aren't preparing for these situations all year, what are you doing in your end of game situational practices?
If you call a time out and it becomes 4th down (thus ending up with the same-ish kick), guess who gets the ball back make or miss?

Not only do they get the ball back, but they ALSO have at least 1 timeout. But maybe even 2.

So ... I have a HARD time believing that if MM did the thing "3yr olds were calling for", and LAC gets the ball back, that MM is getting ANY love from those that are crying about it today.

Just call it a hunch.

P.S. Do you know how many scientists (you know, people smarter than 3 year olds) OPPOSED Einstein's Theory of Relativity? Something to think about when the "masses" says something is wrong because it was not the norm.

jaybird

Reaction score
If we had run another play it would have been a quick out for about 3 to 5 yards. Could have also been an interception, fumble, sack etc....just saying.
Wasnt as bad when Garret iced are own kicker
Romo and Dez made an awesome play fo get in felild goal range to win the game with 2 time outs and instead of calling a time out they rushed in the Field goal Unit and then just as he kicked it called time out. The next kick He missed. Thinking it was against SF.
I was a Garret fan until that momment. One the dumbest clock management you’ll Ever see.

jaybird

Reaction score
Romo and Dez made an awesome play fo get in felild goal range to win the game with 2 time outs and instead of calling a time out they rushed in the Field goal Unit and then just as he kicked it called time out. The next kick He missed. Thinking it was against SF.
I was a Garret fan until that momment. One the dumbest clock management you’ll Ever see.
Actually i was drunk
On a bar stool (wife driving) and jump up signallung time out. Even a drunk
Novice fan knew better

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah I agree, I've seen that happen throughout the years from time to time......it's tough. I'm no Garrett fan, but I can understand it..it's not as easy as it seems. You make one bad call or on bad play and cause your team to lose......it keeps you up at night. I'm so happy he made the kick. It would be even more miserable around here.

dware94

Reaction score
If you call a time out and it becomes 4th down (thus ending up with the same-ish kick), guess who gets the ball back make or miss?

Not only do they get the ball back, but they ALSO have at least 1 timeout. But maybe even 2.

So ... I have a HARD time believing that if MM did the thing "3yr olds were calling for", and LAC gets the ball back, that MM is getting ANY love from those that are crying about it today.

Just call it a hunch.

P.S. Do you know how many scientists (you know, people smarter than 3 year olds) OPPOSED Einstein's Theory of Relativity? Something to think about when the "masses" says something is wrong because it was not the norm.

Could not agree more. People act as if running one more play was a guarantee first down. If it's not, its 4th and 3 with about 15 seconds left and the decision is either punt for overtime or risk kicking a fg with a chance to miss and SD needs 10 yards for a game winner. Staley mismanaged the clock more than MM by not calling a timeout and giving his team a chance had MM kicked the fg and missed. I'll take a 56 yarder with no time for a win or overtime situation than leaving time on the clock.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So we won? I was starting to believe we had lost.

I know this is the only place I know of that people can turn a win into a loss. lol
Last week I was told no way, no how the Cowboys would win.
No way we give up less than 30

This place is loaded with everything the Cowboys can't do, we have jr GM and jr coaches constantly going off and yet when the team does what they claimed Dallas can't do and how they can't win a game like this and are dead wrong they still complain. I really think it is just the nature of some people who can't enjoy any wins.

Personally I think this was a hugh win for the Boys, falling into a 0-2 hole was not something I wanted to see but Cowboys went out and fought hard, coaches had this team ready to play at kickoff and we won. Myself I will enjoy this game and look forward to next monday nights game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But if he’d made the kick like Zuerlein did probably wouldn’t have been as big of deal.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know this is the only place I know of that people can turn a win into a loss. lol
Last week I was told no way, no how the Cowboys would win.
No way we give up less than 30

This place is loaded with everything the Cowboys can't do, we have jr GM and jr coaches constantly going off and yet when the team does what they claimed Dallas can't do and how they can't win a game like this and are dead wrong they still complain. I really think it is just the nature of some people who can't enjoy any wins.

Personally I think this was a hugh win for the Boys, falling into a 0-2 hole was not something I wanted to see but Cowboys went out and fought hard, coaches had this team ready to play at kickoff and we won. Myself I will enjoy this game and look forward to next monday nights game.
Salud!

kumizi

Reaction score
30 seconds is plenty of time to throw a 10 yard pass down the middle of the field. or a running play. then get up there and spike the ball.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
30 seconds is plenty of time to throw a 10 yard pass down the middle of the field. or a running play. then get up there and spike the ball.
Also enough time to get sacked or throw a pick.......enjoy the damn win!