Twitter: Jerry Jones seeks out Taco Charlton in locker room

bsbellomy

Reaction score
he won't get his 2nd contract here - especially if he is not in the bid to be the incumbent starter opposite Dlaw, and there's nothing to suggest that
he will be.
Even with his encouraging preseason play, hes' still not a difference maker. If not for his continiuing substance suspension issues, Gregory would
be more of an investment plan than Taco, who has every bit the look of a rotation type than bona fide bookend starter.

Exactly. We are more than capable of drafting another 1st round bust without having to pay extra for it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I thought he played well last year for what he was doing. He wasnt going to show up as a rusher because Gregory got pass down snaps. He caught my attention a few times chasing backside plays down

DanA

Reaction score
I’m happy with Collins, Woods, Hill and Covington at DT. Crawford would be nice to keep at less than 4m but at 7m he isn’t worth it. That’s not backup money.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He'll only make the team because Quinn and Gregory are out.

Not true....He's played his way out of the doghouse. To the coaching staffs credit....they had it right by playing him on the right side. Where they errored was having play both sides...kind of like how they stunted Byron Jones developement by moving him around too. Fearing they are starting to do that w/ LVE as well. Leave a guy in a spot...and let him develope!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Game three versus Houston should afford us a realistic idea as to what Taco Charlton's capabilities actually are.

That's when the competition evolves into something significantly more representative of a regular season game!

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Don't apologize for being critical. He was a 1st round pick whose done nothing his 2 seasons in spite of good health.

Well, he did have a bad shoulder a good part of last year. But playing hurt is a part of being in the NFL.

I personally think Dorance Armstrong has more long term upside than Charlton, but if Taco breaks out this d-line will be unstoppable.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, he did have a bad shoulder a good part of last year. But playing hurt is a part of being in the NFL.

I personally think Dorance Armstrong has more long term upside than Charlton, but if Taco breaks out this d-line will be unstoppable.

Injury or not, he has to be better than what he's shown so far. DLAW also had some injuries his first few years but at least you could see the talent.