Jerry Jones Seemingly Blames Jason Garrett for Cowboys Loss

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Our record of 1-8 when Elliott is held to under 75 yards wouldn’t support this thought.

Watch the first game of the season against the Giants. We lead with the pass and won.

So that stats is debunked. Dak doesn't need to Elliot to win games. We can win passing the ball.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Really. We gave credit to Moore in our wins but blame Garrett for our loss?

I’d argue the Saints defensive scheme and execution to shut down our running game forcing Dak and our passing game to win was the difference along with two crucial fumbles.

We attempted to adjust coming out of halftime with our only TD drive but we never had possession again in 3rd qtr after Saints impressive possession which spilled over into 4th qtr.

The bottom line for whatever reason is our offense isn’t effective when Elliott is held under 75 yards as we are 1-8. One aspect we can point to is it appears a proven method or scheme against us defensively to stack the line shutting down Elliott forcing Dak to beat them over the top.

Now whether the results are on Daks inability to overcome this obstacle or our own play calling and schemes. This is an arguable subject but the results aren’t. And why defenses will continue this scheme.

All the Saints did was load the box and play the run. Then put their best corner on Cooper. I see more the failure of Garrett to adjust to what the defense was doing rather than the Saints D using a superior scheme.

Garrett's trait is that he doesn't know how to adjust and he plays things conservatively. Sure Moore called the plays. But he is calling them from Garrett's playbook.

It's Linehan 2.0 all over again thanks to Garrett.

Hadenough

Reaction score
What a misleading headline.
Jerry crediting the saints coaching for their victory (and he credited everything else) is not the same as Jerry blaming JG.

This is garbage reporting at its worst.
Click bait.
Rockport is that you!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
That’s because our history has proven that if we can’t produce on the ground our offense isn’t as effective.

I’m not defending our attempt to continue forging ahead. I’m just calling it out for what it is.

Well our history is riddled with Garrett's offense. So when you run the ball up the middle for 90% of the time on 1st down for almost a decade, there is a reason why our offense has been ineffective year after year.

I would give Moore an entire year calling the plays he wants to without Garrett's interfering. That will probably give us a better sample size on how this offense can really produce or not.