Jerry Jones Seemingly Blames Jason Garrett for Cowboys Loss

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That's a myth. Go read the footballoutsiders link I posted above. It's not the effectiveness of the run game but the threat of the run game that will determine if playaction is effective.
There is no threat of a run game if the run game is not effective.

Zman5

Reaction score
Then explain why Dak is more ineffective in play action when Elliott isn’t as productive?

Wrong again. Go look at his passing stats against the Saints and compare the stats between PA passes vs non PA passes.

Zman5

Reaction score
There is no threat of a run game if the run game is not effective.

No really. Saints game was a perfect example of this. Our run game was not effective yet Saints were still playing their defense to stop the run. Because they knew we would still run.

Had we used this against them by running more PA and/or RPO, we would have done much better on offense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No really. Saints game was a perfect example of this. Our run game was not effective yet Saints were still playing their defense to stop the run. Because they knew we would still run.
Or maybe they know that it’s a proven method stopping our run stymies Daks effectiveness in our passing game.

This isn’t true for all QB’s but it appears to be more so with Dak.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Wrong again. Go look at his passing stats against the Saints and compare the stats between PA passes vs non PA passes.
So, your conclusion is Elliotts production has no effect on Daks success in play action?

Zman5

Reaction score
In not really interested.

I’m asking what your response is to why Daks play action isn’t as effective without Elliotts productivity?

Wrong again. Go read the article. You might get why you are wrong if you do.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Go look at Daks passing stats vs the Saints. PA pass vs non PA pass.
I don’t need to look at the stats. I saw for myself. He wasn’t as effective in play action because defense didn’t have to respect it since Elliott wasn’t productive.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don’t need to look at the stats. I saw for myself. He wasn’t as effective in play action because defense didn’t have to respect it since Elliott wasn’t productive.

The old eye test . LOL. Believe what you want.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The old eye test . LOL. Believe what you want.
So, I should believe your eye test ? Lol

Stats are for those looking for something to support their narrative much like the 1-8 stat I was using.

Yes, I will believe what my eyes and most critics tell me but I always appreciate an attempt to influence.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
its about time that the right guy starts to get the credit that he deserves when the team loses and not every one else

Zman5

Reaction score
So, I should believe your eye test ? Lol

Stats are for those looking for something to support their narrative much like the 1-8 stat I was using.

Yes, I will believe what my eyes and most critics tell me but I always appreciate an attempt to influence.

I never mentioned anything about my eye test. Only the stats and the Football Outsiders article.

You on the other hand think your eye test is more valid than facts.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never mentioned anything about my eye test. Only the stats and the Football Outsiders article.

You on the other hand think your eye test is more valid than facts.
Facts can be spun to support a narrative.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Not only that.

Tony Pollard's skill set to compliment Zeke would've helped out too.

They could've stretched the defense out with some sideways stuff through the air and on the ground.

Instead we got North and South football.

You honestly expect Jason to design a gameplan to exploit another defense and make adjustments? His offense was figured out 12 games into his first season as OC. It will never change as long as he is here. He's a cancer to offense.