Jerry Jones Warned Us

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Once again you assume. It initially came from Obama himself in his 2008 stump speeches. I co-opted it and gave it another meaning in describing those who toss out name calling against those who question aspects of this team. My little inside joke with me. Not anything you assume it is.

You live in a glass house. You inject yourself in others debates, slandering those who don't seem to agree with you. You use this emotional dishonesty, and dishonesty in general as a label of others when you don't truly understand or know for a fact their position. Then have the gumption to suggest you weren't speaking to me when I illustrated a point you made to Booze.

You hold yourself up as some intellectual super hero that has to defend the lowly slow thinkers on this board who seem to vocalize their discontent with anyone who actually has the temerity to question a decision by this team.

I've seen you do this for more than a decade.

The only value I find in your posts is when you use the all-22 and dissect what you see in games and offer a journeyman opinion on what has transpired. I do appreciate those, although your football speak, which has infected this site with buzz terms like 5 technique and such is a bit presumptuous.

As far me, I am not a coach, and therefore don't need the trappings to appear like one.

But I do read them every time you post them. And enjoy them.

:laugh: You just admitted where it came from and how you used it for your own purposes. You indeed were conflating Obama speeches with your forum enemies. Thanks for also revealing that is was an inside joke and you're laughing at us behind our back because of this 'joke.' So witty.

Nice narrative on how you think I think of myself. It reveals your position in this. If I am with the 'slow thinkers' and try to champion them then where does that have you? You guys are awesome!

I say as a preface and tell anyone who asks how I do not have any coaching experience and how I was pulled from participating in football myself in 7th grade after a concussion. I don't claim to be an expert and when people try to call me one I am quick to point out my experience.

Basically you are complaining because I try to 'talk smart.' If you have been reading me for ten years then you know this is how I am and its not an act. People in the south are hilarious. I guess I should insult my intelligence and use false humility like Broaddus and others so readers don't feel inferior?

ANd are you really complaining because I talk about DL techniques? Calling someone a 5 or a 3 is easier than 3-4 DE or 4-3 weakside defensive tackle. I guess I need to run it by you guys to make sure you don't think I'm being too uppity next time.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Salary cap...learn it.

Jeery himself, along with Stephan said they could do whatever they wanted with this cap. There is a member here who has a sig where Stephen says something along the lines of his amusement at people who stress over the cap when he kn ows he has little barriers to gett9ing what he thinks is right.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Jeery himself, along with Stephan said they could do whatever they wanted with this cap. There is a member here who has a sig where Stephen says something along the lines of his amusement at people who stress over the cap when he kn ows he has little barriers to gett9ing what he thinks is right.

Well, that's all hearsay...so I don't know. An offer was made to Murray and he chose not to take it.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
:laugh: You just admitted where it came from and how you used it for your own purposes. You indeed were conflating Obama speeches with your forum enemies. Thanks for also revealing that is was an inside joke and you're laughing at us behind our back because of this 'joke.' So witty.

Nice narrative on how you think I think of myself. It reveals your position in this. If I am with the 'slow thinkers' and try to champion them then where does that have you? You guys are awesome!

I say as a preface and tell anyone who asks how I do not have any coaching experience and how I was pulled from participating in football myself in 7th grade after a concussion. I don't claim to be an expert and when people try to call me one I am quick to point out my experience.

Basically you are complaining because I try to 'talk smart.' If you have been reading me for ten years then you know this is how I am and its not an act. People in the south are hilarious. I guess I should insult my intelligence and use false humility like Broaddus and others so readers don't feel inferior?

ANd are you really complaining because I talk about DL techniques? Calling someone a 5 or a 3 is easier than 3-4 DE or 4-3 weakside defensive tackle. I guess I need to run it by you guys to make sure you don't think I'm being too uppity next time.

I read your words. I see you attack. You make yourself crystal clear with your intent as you did with your aggressive commentary with Booze. So me think thou dost protest too much...

Further, I never said you thought you were a coach. I said I don't need the trappings of coach speak. One which you and others employ here.

This medium is an interesting petri dish in that it removes social mores - to a degree - and allows people to say what they think. For the most part within the guidelines of this site. So when you spot someone taking the attack to others over and over, as you demonstrate during times like this draft, in interjecting your opinion into am conversation and then using a cleverly disguised form of derision for some here, it reveals so much about you.

I say my opinion and don't gloss it over with vernacular. That type of window dressing is pompous and frankly trivial.

As far as hope and change. It was coined to replace a term that was outlawed here about sunshine and the act of pumping. Bit at no time have I ever called anyone here a coward as your sig n indicated for several years, Mr. Kettle. Except one person whom will remain nameless.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Well, that's all hearsay...so I don't know. An offer was made to Murray and he chose not to take it.

How is a direct quote by both hearsay?

I'm sorry, Stars. I just don't have the ability to ignore aspects in the decision making for this team. I think they made as tragic error and this exposes Romo with no grind it out run game. I review the tenure of Jerry and see him make his mind up about what is and what isn't and base his decisions on them. And I can list a great number of decisions - and some I agreed with - that fell flat.

Obviously by my sig I am not right all the time. I may not be right this time. But I feel the organic nature of this team last year was moire than just the five guys pushing people out of the way. It was a team.

And a play maker and significant cog was removed, and perhaps because they really believed they'd get AD.

I can deal with that. The other aspect is they also had to reconcile that if they didn't, what was plan B.

And plan B is a lot of bench warmers. And it is that type of decision making that I cannot abide. Not having a viable alternative, but one dreamed up and sugar coated.

I apologize for not being able to see this team as you do.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
How is a direct quote by both hearsay?

I'm sorry, Stars. I just don't have the ability to ignore aspects in the decision making for this team. I think they made as tragic error and this exposes Romo with no grind it out run game. I review the tenure of Jerry and see him make his mind up about what is and what isn't and base his decisions on them. And I can list a great number of decisions - and some I agreed with - that fell flat.

Obviously by my sig I am not right all the time. I may not be right this time. But I feel the organic nature of this team last year was moire than just the five guys pushing people out of the way. It was a team.

And a play maker and significant cog was removed, and perhaps because they really believed they'd get AD.

I can deal with that. The other aspect is they also had to reconcile that if they didn't, what was plan B.

And plan B is a lot of bench warmers. And it is that type of decision making that I cannot abide. Not having a viable alternative, but one dreamed up and sugar coated.

I apologize for not being able to see this team as you do.

lol Dude, you are not the Lone Ranger, you just connect with the negative past instead of the positive future.

So, it's all good...or bad? I don't know.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
lol Dude, you are not the Lone Ranger, you just connect with the negative past instead of the positive future.

So, it's all good...or bad? I don't know.

I may have taken too much of the Brown Acid at Woodstock.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Murray wanted to much money! Why can't some of you get that? Murray was not the sole reason for the success of the Cowboys last season. He was a big part but not at the price of of paying him to still have a 7th ranked offense and a 17th ranked defense. Think about it...the Cowboys defense could not even get after a one legged Rodgers!

Amen!!!!
I would have loved to have kept Murray... Murray left us at the alter .. We didn't cut Murray.., we didn't trade Murray .. Murray chose to go and make more money and spit in our face by saying he chose Philly because they gave him the best chance to win a Super Bowl ... I don't deny him to get the best deal but everyone needs to quit acting like the boys said here's just a pile of pennies .. Now play for us.. They made a decent offer at what They valued the position and Murray at .. An offer that would have pretty much set him up pretty well and he chose to play for green for more green

ftghb

Reaction score
Certainly NE rotates RB's like a top.

yeah well, shane vareen was a high draft pick of theirs and NE was fortunate legarratte blount forced his way out of pittsburgh. These guys were not unknown quantities.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yeah well, shane vareen was a high draft pick of theirs and NE was fortunate legarratte blount forced his way out of pittsburgh. These guys were not unknown quantities.

But make no mistake this was no top-flight group of running backs.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With what we have done on defense this offseason, we just needed to do one small thing to entrench ourselves in the top 4 teams of the NFL.

We failed that one simple task

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Amen!!!!
I would have loved to have kept Murray... Murray left us at the alter .. We didn't cut Murray.., we didn't trade Murray .. Murray chose to go and make more money and spit in our face by saying he chose Philly because they gave him the best chance to win a Super Bowl ... I don't deny him to get the best deal but everyone needs to quit acting like the boys said here's just a pile of pennies .. Now play for us.. They made a decent offer at what They valued the position and Murray at .. An offer that would have pretty much set him up pretty well and he chose to play for green for more green

Murray who? :igglestrophy:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I read your words. I see you attack. You make yourself crystal clear with your intent as you did with your aggressive commentary with Booze. So me think thou dost protest too much...

Further, I never said you thought you were a coach. I said I don't need the trappings of coach speak. One which you and others employ here.

This medium is an interesting petri dish in that it removes social mores - to a degree - and allows people to say what they think. For the most part within the guidelines of this site. So when you spot someone taking the attack to others over and over, as you demonstrate during times like this draft, in interjecting your opinion into am conversation and then using a cleverly disguised form of derision for some here, it reveals so much about you.

I say my opinion and don't gloss it over with vernacular. That type of window dressing is pompous and frankly trivial.

As far as hope and change. It was coined to replace a term that was outlawed here about sunshine and the act of pumping. Bit at no time have I ever called anyone here a coward as your sig n indicated for several years, Mr. Kettle. Except one person whom will remain nameless.

I do think pessimism is cowardice. I never called anyone a coward. If you identified with it then that is on you. I didn't draw the line there. If you want a different take then please point out to me the bravery in pessimism. There are cowards in this world, 2deep.

You must hate Gruden as an analyst.

I cannot say my opinion concisely and accurately without going to vernacular sometimes and I figured a football board is a safe place to refer to a 5-technique. It's not like I am at a cocktail party and bringing up the nature of infinity as a discrete value.

It's funny. You first tell me that I am trying to champion for stupid people and then in the next post tell me that I am condescending to stupid people. Seems like you are looking for a solution to your conclusion and flailing about.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to blame Rod Marinelli, as it seems like this draft was dedicated to his wants, but it really stems to having no real GM. Not even a real assistant to the GM.

I guess I'm left to hope that Ryan Williams can emerge from the practice squad. I think he's got the most raw talent as a runner of any back on the roster.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I do think pessimism is cowardice. I never called anyone a coward. If you identified with it then that is on you. I didn't draw the line there. If you want a different take then please point out to me the bravery in pessimism. There are cowards in this world, 2deep.

You must hate Gruden as an analyst.

I cannot say my opinion concisely and accurately without going to vernacular sometimes and I figured a football board is a safe place to refer to a 5-technique. It's not like I am at a cocktail party and bringing up the nature of infinity as a discrete value.

It's funny. You first tell me that I am trying to champion for stupid people and then in the next post tell me that I am condescending to stupid people. Seems like you are looking for a solution to your conclusion and flailing about.

Not sure I used condescending at all.

Your sig was something about intellectual cowardice. You make blanket statements about those who inquire and don't take things at face value or place a wealth of hope in long shots. Those who see the team's history and a story which details successes and failures. Then when they see repeated behavior that did not work before, they step back and ask questions and make comments.

You are not alone. The usual statements about crying and being pessimistic comes flying by others. Merely dressed in different choices of pejorative color. Followed by the sky is falling comments. Each layer meant to belittle people who express their thoughts.

To be sure if I were looking for a solution, you would be a ways down the list of people I would turn to. Yet I still have enough respect for some things you say that I might entertain asking you.

As it stands, I come here to talk football most days. Right up until someone gets their nose out of joint because I see it differently.

Then all logical and clear headed discussion is sidetracked as they assuage their terror that someone might be right, and their myopic zeal may be the same misplaced wishful thinking they had in recent years when the team was no more than an also-ran.

As it stands I like the first three picks. Am so-so about the rest. There is some hope in my liking them. I am not immune to hoping things turn out right. But logic dictates more often than not in this game it every team fails more than succeeds.

And I enjoy being analytical over drunk with giddiness.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'd like to blame Rod Marinelli, as it seems like this draft was dedicated to his wants, but it really stems to having no real GM. Not even a real assistant to the GM.

I guess I'm left to hope that Ryan Williams can emerge from the practice squad. I think he's got the most raw talent as a runner of any back on the roster.

You like picking on the low hanging fruit of the late rounds and waving your hands. You look for 'reaches' and then set yourself to root against them. You do this every year. You are just being particularly hateful about it this year, taking shots at pretty much everyone. Who needs therapy when you can vent here right?

You trying to dumb down the decisionmaking process for the entire draft to one man doesn't really help us understand what is going on. For example Jerry Jones spoke to Gregory for over half an hour and worked out the arrangements and conditions for the selection. The first 'reach' was Green and he doesn't even play defense. They traded for a TE.

But you want someone to blame. That is always a big one for you. I am sure as you are reading this you're thinking about people making excuses and the like as if you are owed anything by anyone to make such demands or justify that narrative.

I do think it's funny you're betting against Wilson after looking so foolish regarding Hitchens this past year. You seem out of touch. Anyway, rage on.