Jerry Jones Warned Us

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not sure I used condescending at all.

Your sig was something about intellectual cowardice. You make blanket statements about those who inquire and don't take things at face value or place a wealth of hope in long shots. Those who see the team's history and a story which details successes and failures. Then when they see repeated behavior that did not work before, they step back and ask questions and make comments.

You are not alone. The usual statements about crying and being pessimistic comes flying by others. Merely dressed in different choices of pejorative color. Followed by the sky is falling comments. Each layer meant to belittle people who express their thoughts.

To be sure if I were looking for a solution, you would be a ways down the list of people I would turn to. Yet I still have enough respect for some things you say that I might entertain asking you.

As it stands, I come here to talk football most days. Right up until someone gets their nose out of joint because I see it differently.

Then all logical and clear headed discussion is sidetracked as they assuage their terror that someone might be right, and their myopic zeal may be the same misplaced wishful thinking they had in recent years when the team was no more than an also-ran.

As it stands I like the first three picks. Am so-so about the rest. There is some hope in my liking them. I am not immune to hoping things turn out right. But logic dictates more often than not in this game it every team fails more than succeeds.

And I enjoy being analytical over drunk with giddiness.

Sorry if I was overly critical. Alex and RS came in with their routine and I put you in with them. It was a disservice to you and I apologize.

jnday

Reaction score
Sorry if I was overly critical. Alex and RS came in with their routine and I put you in with them. It was a disservice to you and I apologize.

You sure let Booze and RS really get to you. I understand that they are both the types that relate to reality. Both of them are two of the more highly thought of posters on this board. Booze is very well respected on many boards. It is not a routine. They are just consistent with views and there views don't change to support team decisions when the decisions are questionable. In my absence, you ego has grown though. Congrats.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You sure let Booze and RS really get to you. I understand that they are both the types that relate to reality. Both of them are two of the more highly thought of posters on this board. Booze is very well respected on many boards. It is not a routine. They are just consistent with views and there views don't change to support team decisions when the decisions are questionable. In my absence, you ego has grown though. Congrats.

They are well regarded by a segment of posters. Risen, in particular does a really nice job in the lead up to the draft in a number of threads. But I don't think anybody here doesn't recognize how transparent the routine is. Alexander, in particular doesn't even hide it. He virtually disappears during winning streaks and starts negative threads entirely for the reaction he gets. I don't even think he often believes the arguments he makes.

All of which is allowed in the threads as long as they stay within the guidelines for posting here. But there's no obligation for Fuzzy and others to pretend they don't see right through it. If Fuzzy consistently seems a lot smarter than the average bear, there's probably a good reason for that. He's really bright. He better not apologize for it. Bright is interesting.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
They are well regarded by a segment of posters. Risen, in particular does a really nice job in the lead up to the draft in a number of threads. But I don't think anybody here doesn't recognize how transparent the routine is. Alexander, in particular doesn't even hide it. He virtually disappears during winning streaks and starts negative threads entirely for the reaction he gets. I don't even think he often believes the arguments he makes.

All of which is allowed in the threads as long as they stay within the guidelines for posting here. But there's no obligation for Fuzzy and others to pretend they don't see right through it. If Fuzzy consistently seems a lot smarter than the average bear, there's probably a good reason for that. He's really bright. He better not apologize for it. Bright is interesting.

What is transparent is that one is continuing to troll. If all he wants to talk about is me then I am fine with letting it go, but yeah I'm not into false humility.

jnday

Reaction score

Maybe they are just keeping it in reality. It hasn't been long ago that I was blasted for saying that a draft was rotten. I was blasted from all sides , but I never changed my opinion. That opinion is shared by most Cowboy fans now. Remember drafting Mo? You may not like either one of these guys as a poster, but both of them has a tendency to be right. I even remember Alexander hating Gronk. He was a board favorite right up until he got Romo hurt. For years Risen preached on building the oline , while other posters was praising Nagy and Costa. I think it turned out well when the team decided to do the very thing that Risen had been preaching about. Maybe they should watch more YouTube and post their thoughts to be more popular.

jnday

Reaction score
What is transparent is that one is continuing to troll. If all he wants to talk about is me then I am fine with letting it go, but yeah I'm not into false humility.

I stand by my inflated ego comment .

DFWJC

Reaction score
I alwYs find it amusing how all draft picks, even in rounds 3-7 are plugged in as starting for at least making the team.

If Gregory was not still available at 60, we very well may have taken a RB there.
I like this RB class as a bunch of guys that will make NFL rosters, but of those picked after 60, it's a total crapshoot to confidently predict which ones (if any) will be good NFL starters.

I thought for sure we'd take one. Obviously the entire NFL thought Ajayi was a risk, and though I never rated him super high, I'd have considered him In the 4th even with his knee issues

Total 100% pure speculation to say FOR SURE any of those take after 60 would have upgraded what we have.

Last edited:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I stand by my inflated ego comment .

I'm curious if you could explain your fixation on me going on for 48 hours. I would discuss why someone might troll message boards to bring those that try to 'talk smart' down a peg but I'm here to talk football.

Go ahead and take another shot, I'm moving on.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm curious if you could explain your fixation on me going on for 48 hours. I would discuss why someone might troll message boards to bring those that try to 'talk smart' down a peg but I'm here to talk football.

Go ahead and take another shot, I'm moving on.

I have done a poor job fixation IMO. This thread with your overinflated option of yourself has been the only thread that we have exchanged post. Booze made a good thread and here you came to try and belittle him. I only injected my opinion after seeing your BS. By the way, I don't care how you choose to express your thoughts. If you want to use big words to impress , have at it.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
We had an embarrassingly good year last year with the OL. Good health and I really think the decision to come out and run the ball a lot surprised opponents.

We established an identity and now the NFL will be ready to respond from the get-go.

So now, I don't think I agree with the idea our OL will just kill it and it doesn't matter what piece of trash is running the ball.

Your sig line makes what you post pleasant though.

If opponents were still surprised last year after the first few games then it's their fault for being stupid.

No one was surprised after the first month of the season last year.

jnday

Reaction score
If opponents were still surprised last year after the first few games then it's their fault for being stupid.

No one was surprised after the first month of the season last year.

Until most of those teams played Dallas, I am sure they were a little surprised. Most teams like the Seahawks for example, didn't believe it until they played. Why should they? RG3 even surprised teams for one season before adjustments were made.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I am sure there some statistical pieces of nonsense that suggested we passed worse last year, but I saw Romo being more efficient due to the threat of the running game.

Murray as the season developed created fear. Or at least attention.

I think as defenders see McFadden, Randle, Williams etc, they lose respect for the run. It will become even more prevalent if we go to a "committee" approach.

I don't see this happening. The backs on deck aren't "throwaways". Randle did well when given snaps. If the D wants to play soft vs this O-Line they will have to adjust and very quickly. One could argue that Murray should have had 2K last year without breathing hard. Heck- if he hits a hole in GB with the ball in his hand we're going to the SB.

Murray was exceptional I agree. But he was not THE weapon on this team. That honor is Dez Bryant's.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don't see this happening. The backs on deck aren't "throwaways". Randle did well when given snaps. If the D wants to play soft vs this O-Line they will have to adjust and very quickly. One could argue that Murray should have had 2K last year without breathing hard. Heck- if he hits a hole in GB with the ball in his hand we're going to the SB.

Murray was exceptional I agree. But he was not THE weapon on this team. That honor is Dez Bryant's.

Bryant could disappear for stretches. Murray was constant. It was a bad game for him if he didn't lay a 100 yards on somebody.

The strategy to not pay him was smart, the inactivity and arrogance that assumes the OL makes RBs was not.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Bryant could disappear for stretches. Murray was constant. It was a bad game for him if he didn't lay a 100 yards on somebody.

The strategy to not pay him was smart, the inactivity and arrogance that assumes the OL makes RBs was not.

It is now the story of the year for sure. You might be right, but I don't feel it was necessarily "arrogance". After Johnson's selection I just don't feel the team saw a RB with better upside to Joseph Randle available, or didn't trust Ajayi's knee condition to invest a pick in a back. This had to be a scouting department call. Jerry's like a child. If he wanted a RB he would have gotten one somehow or other.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Let's keep it real. The o line will carry any running back.

Randle, Dunbar, and DMC all very average-trash. But the o line will instantly make them very good.

Murray was very normal. We upgrade the o line, he's all of a sudden elite. Eagles will be upset they paid him over Shady.

Shady is a rb that would be very elite with our o line.

This is too funny. Murray was very normal.

He avg 5.5 yds his rookie yr, 4.1 yd the next then 5.2 in 2013 and 4.7 yds last year. He had a game with over 220 yds rushing his rookie year. He was completely under used his first 3 seasons. We were all screaming for Dallas to run the ball more.

Now you show me a normal RB that had a 200 yd game or 2 seasons in 4 years with over 1,000 yds. putting up those carries and avg per carry

I can tell you now it isn't McFadden.