Jerry Just Gave Himself A Big Raise with higher ticket prices

Reid1boys

Reaction score
calm down bud. Its hard to have sympathy for a team when they already charge an huge amount. I guess I'll wait another 50 years 2 attend a Dallas game.
If you are broke, dont be mad at the NFL or the Cowboys. Ill be at 3-5 games again this year. Life is good.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Seems like everything continues to go up. Wood, food, fuel, taxes, housing. Add in many businesses have issues with hiring and retaining people which will also drive up costs.
Im not in the business world, so I normally dont see those things... BUT, my wife was pulled in a couple weeks ago and out of the blue give a huge chunk of money as a retention bonus if she stays at the company for another 12 months.

Your last sentence is spot on. Her company lost many key people this past year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I dont care if we went 2-14 each season... prices are gonna go up and fans "Loyalty," has zip to do with it. I would love to hear Jerry get up there and say well, we havent won a SB for years, so all you fans should turn us off until we do. Yep, we are probably gonna suck this year, we blew it in the off season, so just give up on us. Sorry guys.......

In a quick look, it appears 14 different teams have won a SB since the Cowboys last won a title. That means 18 teams have not, thats 56%. So should all those team's fans just stop watching? Should they cry because prices have gone up? Oh... but I know, the Cowboys are the worst team in the league right now, so its just us that are so bad.

Now get off my lawn!
we are a legendary unique franchise. We have high standards here. Anything else is unacceptable. We are not your average team. We have woefully missed expectations. The fans are much more important than u seem to think. Its arrogant to think the team essentially doesn't need our loyalty. Thats asinine.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If you are broke, dont be mad at the NFL or the Cowboys. Ill be at 3-5 games again this year. Life is good.
Enjoy those $10 beers. BTW..I am a disabled vet and I think a bit more respect is in order. Not everyone can lay out $ that is disposable at will. Have a nice day.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
we are a legendary unique franchise. We have high standards here. Anything else is unacceptable. We are not your average team. We have woefully missed expectations. The fans are much more important than u seem to think. Its arrogant to think the team essentially doesn't need our loyalty. Thats asinine.
its asenine tpo think us fans matter, except for paying the bills.

We are legendary?? bahahaahahhahahahaahahah... pre cap days, yea, Id agree. But the league imposed rules, in case you havent noticed that works very well at taking any advantage the :Legendary" rich teams like the Cowboys and makes then just like everyone else. Sorry, but yea, we arent special, we dont have a monopoly on good players. All that money Jerry makes cant help him like the Yankees. Scherzer the pitcher will make more money this season on his own than the Oakland A's will pay their entire team.... and yet they are supposed to be competitive? So the Day baseball starts, there are 4 teams that have a HUGE CLEAR advantage, that aint the case in the NFL.

Stop looking to the past, those days are over.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Enjoy those $10 beers. BTW..I am a disabled vet and I think a bit more respect is in order. Not everyone can lay out $ that is disposable at will. Have a nice day.
actually beers are more than 10 bucks. I havent bought a beer at a game in probably 10 years because I do my drinking before the game.

I am a vet, but you will NEVER , EVER hear me look for pity or sympathy for being a vet. I respect all vets, but being a vet doesnt make us special and doesnt mean we should all get to attend NFL games. Lots of people dont have the income to attend games. Lots of people cant afford new cars and cant afford new houses. Sorry, i have zero sympathy for any of them. If people are unhappy with their jobs, leave, do something about it. People should stop looking outward to blame people for their situations. Obviously some people got screwed with illness or even injuries due to a war, thats a different situation. But those that work crap jobs and blame their employer for not making money???? smh then get pissed at those that arent poor with them?

Ok, let the daggers start flying.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Ill be at 3-5 games again this year.

jerry-jones-pointing.gif

NotForLong

Reaction score
we heard that in 2014 also, didnt we? How horrible the team was gonna be, then after losing the season opener youd think we were on a 34 game losing streak. I bet you have the movie Grand Torino on continuous loop at you house where clint just keeps repeating, "Get off my lawn."
:lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao: . . . *** . . .:huh: . . .are you a SJW

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Im not in the business world, so I normally dont see those things... BUT, my wife was pulled in a couple weeks ago and out of the blue give a huge chunk of money as a retention bonus if she stays at the company for another 12 months.

Your last sentence is spot on. Her company lost many key people this past year.

In my area some businesses are only 4-5 days a week because they do not have staff to keep the doors open. Many offer a signing bonus when hired and stay a certain amount of days.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
There are still plenty of people, myself included, who can afford to go to a game (or games) if they want to spend the money.

I used to travel thousands of miles to do it every year. Eventually, I got tired of putting that kind of time and money into Jerry's product. He stubbornly refuses to change how he operates despite the lack of results on the field, and that's his prerogative. I also have a prerogative, and it doesn't involve nationwide travel to put money in his pocket.

I follow the team, talk about it here, and watch the games. That's my level of commitment these days. I doubt that's going to change. The older I got the less I enjoyed the stadium experience, anyway. Too many "fans" who are just there to get drunk and bother opposing fans. None of that nonsense occurs in my living room.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
There are still plenty of people, myself included, who can afford to go to a game (or games) if they want to spend the money.

I used to travel thousands of miles to do it every year. Eventually, I got tired of putting that kind of time and money into Jerry's product. He stubbornly refuses to change how he operates despite the lack of results on the field, and that's his prerogative. I also have a prerogative, and it doesn't involve nationwide travel to put money in his pocket.

I follow the team, talk about it here, and watch the games. That's my level of commitment these days. I doubt that's going to change. The older I got the less I enjoyed the stadium experience, anyway. Too many "fans" who are just there to get drunk and bother opposing fans. None of that nonsense occurs in my living room.

So you let Jerry determine how and when to spend your money?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
right,....??!! you living under rock?

inflation has hit every area of the economy food, gas, staples, cars, trucks, delivery, chicken wings lol etc etc etc major price increases in every area which would make sense the operation costs of team and the stadium would go up..

but sure another bash Jerry threads when its happening all over our regular lives already.

supply chain shortages and supply and demand gaps have widened over the last 2+ years and Getting worse..not sure why trolls constantly start these things ..
simple

DONT GO to games, don't buy tickets, don't watch games, dont by gear, heck dont be fan..easy peasy..
Perhaps if you had even a clue of how random the application of Jerry's ticket $ hikes are, you would have a slight chance at articulating your mindless babble like a 5th grader instead of a 3rd grader. You're in over your head. Go back to the kiddie pool.

Last edited:

Reid1boys

Reaction score

What Jerry does or doesnt do has zero impact on the time I get to spend with family and friends and the enjoyment we all have going to these games. I get your view, and honestly, going to games and concertas is about the only thing that makes me want to be around the general public at this point in my life.Common courtesy and respect for others is at an all time low and if i stop going to games, it will likely be for that reason, not how the Cowboys are doing on the field.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Perhaps if you had even a clue of how random the application of Jerry's ticket $ hikes are you would have a slight chance at articulating your mindless babble like a 5th grader instead of a 3rd grader. You're in over your head. Go back to the kiddie pool.

When I was a supervisor at a major winery, I used to laugh at the union guys crying about policies put in place as being so dumb.
Reminds me of students today crying about some "Dumb," school rule. Reality is, it is likely You that doesnt understand what they did or why they did what they did and you call it "Random." Unless you were in on the meetings, you havent a clue about what you are talking.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
When I was a supervisor at a major winery, I used to laugh at the union guys crying about policies put in place as being so dumb.
Reminds me of students today crying about some "Dumb," school rule. Reality is, it is likely You that doesnt understand what they did or why they did what they did and you call it "Random." Unless you were in on the meetings, you havent a clue about what you are talking.
Before opining, perhaps you should educate yourself on the issue instead of wading in the shallow end.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yep, right there with you, Jake.

I noticed this years ago after many concerts, games and events we'd attend that the ancillary investment of time, and aggravation, was being weighed along with how badly we wanted to attend something. The time it takes, stuck in traffic going and coming and missing the other games, finding parking, walking a long way and then dealing with people I really didn't choose to be around began to balance the scale in the other direction. Then the amount we were spending and the equivalent value we might get for that elsewhere really tipped the scales.

BTW, that last sentence in your post, that's because you haven't invited me over for a game. I am sure I could get drunk and bother all of the other guests. But don't invite me, I'll just figure the getting and to and fro, parking and waiting for a bathroom isn't worth it.