Jerry, Kraft, Mc Nair being deposed about Kaepernick

TWOK11

Reaction score
That is the opposite of a fair appraisal of the Ray Lewis incident...... there were no murders and Ray Lewis testified in the case

Lewis and two of his friends were charged with the murders of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis gave misleading statements to police, destroyed his shirt with presumed blood evidence and ultimately the murder charge against him was dropped in exchange for his testimony against his friends. He was convicted of obstruction of justice however. His friends were later acquitted on a technicality (large portions of evidence were obtained without going through proper legal channels).

So again, Ray Lewis at the very least attempted to mislead police in a murder investigation. He admitted to as much. At worst, he himself participated in the crime and got off as the evidence he destroyed was never recovered.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Lewis and two of his friends were charged with the murders of Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar. Lewis gave misleading statements to police, destroyed his shirt with presumed blood evidence and ultimately the murder charge against him was dropped in exchange for his testimony against his friends. He was convicted of obstruction of justice however. His friends were later acquitted on a technicality (large portions of evidence were obtained without going through proper legal channels).

So again, Ray Lewis at the very least attempted to mislead police in a murder investigation. He admitted to as much. At worst, he himself participated in the crime and got off as the evidence he destroyed was never recovered.
None of that is true except initially lying to the Police

TWOK11

Reaction score
None of that is true except initially lying to the Police

Ray Lewis was charged with murder

Ray Lewis lied to police

Ray Lewis' shirt he was wearing that night, a shirt which others who saw him that night said had distinct blood stains, has never been recovered

The murder charge was dropped and he agreed to testify for the prosecution in exchange for a lesser charge (obstruction of justice)

His friends were acquitted on the basis of self-defense, largely because survellience images obtained without a warrant were deemed inadmissible and two witnesses flipped during the trial and refused to testify. It ultimately became a case with no admissible evidence of murder and a self defense claim that couldn't be refuted with any degree of certainty.

All of this is a matter of public record

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Ray Lewis was charged with murder

Ray Lewis lied to police

Ray Lewis' shirt he was wearing that night, a shirt which others who saw him that night said had distinct blood stains, has never been recovered

The murder charge was dropped and he agreed to testify for the prosecution in exchange for a lesser charge (obstruction of justice)

His friends were acquitted on the basis of self-defense, largely because survellience images obtained without a warrant were deemed inadmissible and two witnesses flipped during the trial and refused to testify. It ultimately became a case with no admissible evidence of murder and a self defense claim that couldn't be refuted with any degree of certainty.

All of this is a matter of public record

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/01/24/5-common-misconceptions-about-ray-lewis-murder-trial/

TWOK11

Reaction score
And no, I don't actually think he murdered anyone. I think his friends did and he helped cover it up after the fact.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
And no, I don't actually think he murdered anyone. I think his friends did and he helped cover it up after the fact.
His group was attacked in the parking lot and was hit with champagne bottles and shot at

Two members of Lewis' party defended themselves with knives and killed two attackers

They were acquitted for reason of self defense

Glad you finally know the truth

TWOK11

Reaction score

Nothing in that link refutes anything I posted, it simply leaves out a couple bits of info I included.

Ray Lewis wore a white suit that night, and both the jacket and dress shirt dissapeared. He never offrmered an explanation for this, witnesses said they saw blood on the undershirt, and blood from the victims was found in Lewis' limo which his friends did not leave the scene in.

TWOK11

Reaction score
His group was attacked in the parking lot and was hit with champagne bottles and shot at

Two members of Lewis' party defended themselves with knives and killed two attackers

They were acquitted for reason of self defense

Glad you finally know the truth

And yet the only witnesses who did testify at trial who were not charged with a crime reported that Lewis' friends declared their intent to fight someone inside before any violence began.

They were acquitted because security video, never released to the public but presumably damning in some way given the prosecution submitting it, was inadmissible because an employee of the facility the cameras belonged to gave them to police without approval from the owner and they never obtained a warrant. The owner objected to them taking the tapes for what are apparently unclear reasons. Two supposed witnesses for the prosecution flipped and refused to testify during the trial.

It's enough to make one skeptical. And the bottom line is innocent men can be mistaken, but they don't lie multiple times and dispose of their clothes.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
My "card"? I'm not entirely sure what you're insinuating but I certainly have my suspicion.

Regardless, I never claimed he is immune from all difficulty and complexity that comes with being a black American. The fact of the matter is though, cops are not out in Bel-Air shooting Carlton Banks. The incidences in question, some of which were absolutely unjustified killings of innocent black people or very minor offenders, are occurring almost entirely in poor urban centers and involve low and low-middle class black men.

There IS a level of insulation and security that being an educated, affluent, financially secure black man with a loving and supportive family provides which almost none of these victims of these incidences had. ESPECIALLY, and it shouldn't be this way, but especially if your family is white.

Colin Kaepernick can relate to Michael Brown about as well as Eli Manning can. And that fact doesn't mean he's never going to be pulled over because he's black or eyed by suspicious white women because he's black. It just means his life circumstances help insulate him from the type of scenario whereby an officer's gun ends up pointed at him.

At the end of the day though, this isn't simply a black issue. The true issue is police brutality and abuse of authority in general. Statistically, there isn't an epidemic of it against any particular race, it's just far too frequent against all groups. Black men are actually statistically less likely to be killed by police than white men in all but 1 state.

Right, because to truly experience inequality you must be shot at by the cops or you haven’t experienced injustice or inequality at all.

Your point is what exactly regarding his background and “cops not in Bel-Air looking to shoot Carlton Banks?” If you’re so naive to think racism, prejudice and discrimination end at certain zip codes I can’t spend the time bringing you up to speed.

To think one can’t take on a cause in solidarity for those who have experienced it is your own limitation of understanding. That’s the same as saying people shouldn’t speak out against domestic violence unless they themselves have been beaten; shouldn’t raise awareness about cancer unless they’ve had chemotherapy; et cetera.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I think Kap might have a case.

Putting aside for a moment how I feel about Kap's actions, it sure seems like there has been league-wide collusion to blacklist him.

Haha, in no way does there seem to be "collusion"

First off, there were already owners interested in him. One even went to see him, then he had to have his girlfriend open you freakin' trap and because of that, he didn't get signed.

Do you think the NFL is colluding against Greg Hardy?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/06/ravens-ray-lewis-colin-kaepernick-girlfirend-tweet

Start researching, people. It gets tiresome that it's easily noticed that some of you live in a Dallas bubble and don't research anything beyond what is within the Cowboys press.

Kap could have got a job, yet he and those he's with simply can't shut up. Teams have an image, the league has an image - every single business you work for will talk to you about their image. Social media plays a part in this - this isn't the pre-digital age anymore. You are on the clock when you're off the clock, you represent your company at all times.

Kap won't shut his freakin' mouth but still believes he deserves a starting gig in the NFL. He's a mediocre QB, had multiple people say he can't learn a playbook, and now he has the off the field distractions.

He has no case.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Owners are owners, not every owner is a GM. I am sure they have the ear of the GM but no way does a team put up with a media circus for a #2 or #3 QB on the depth chart.

Them

Reaction score
With fans and TV coverage the NFL games are public yes; but their also individually and privately owned....and the owners have their rights too!
...I really don't care if no one wants Kap on their team...Maybe he should have protested in a different arena than an NFL game. There are many other
avenues for that sort of thing!

Reaction score
Right, because to truly experience inequality you must be shot at by the cops or you haven’t experienced injustice or inequality at all.

Your point is what exactly regarding his background and “cops not in Bel-Air looking to shoot Carlton Banks?” If you’re so naive to think racism, prejudice and discrimination end at certain zip codes I can’t spend the time bringing you up to speed.

To think one can’t take on a cause in solidarity for those who have experienced it is your own limitation of understanding. That’s the same as saying people shouldn’t speak out against domestic violence unless they themselves have been beaten; shouldn’t raise awareness about cancer unless they’ve had chemotherapy; et cetera.

Good point. I've never attacked a police officer either, but I'm pretty sure it's a bad idea...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You probably perceive it to be racism if a white person cuts you off in traffic or flips you off because you're a bad driver.

People love to pull out the "you can't understand because you're not black" nonsense. Appearently racism only happens when other white people are not around to witness it.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
The difficulty is proving actual collusion, which means they would have all had to get together and agree not to sign him.

The case is a lost cause, DOA. 32 owners are not colluding to keep the player out of the league.

Simply put, the NFL and individual teams are businesses, and the business of winning requires a certain chemistry and focus. No team wants to add a player to their team which would create a media firestorm, a fan firestorm, and distract from the goal of winning a championship.

And he’s not even that talented...