Jerry likes next year WRs

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
In the press conference going on right now Jerry was he didn't take a WR at all and he said that 1 he didn't think anybody could start week 1 on the other side of Owens and theat next year there was better talent at the WR postion. anybody see Crabtree with a big blue star on his helmet:starspin

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Damn, didn't know there was a PC. I couldn't stand listening to Norm anymore.

NickZepp

Reaction score
The WRs in this draft just aren't very good. Next year is probably a better class. But we are also fine at WR for right now. Hurd has shown some things and Miles is talented. Anyone we get this year probably doesn't make the team.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
I can see us signing RW as a FA next year and drafting another WR. We're young on the defensive side of the ball. Time to get younger on the other side. Crabtree will be a nice fit.

But, I think it will also depend on what they do with Bennett. Will they use him as a WR or TE...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Crabtree belongs to me no one else can pimp him or else I hunt you down :)

That kid is the real deal. He may well win a friggin Heisman as a WR.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
dalboy;2058755 said:
In the press conference going on right now Jerry was he didn't take a WR at all and he said that 1 he didn't think anybody could start week 1 on the other side of Owens and theat next year there was better talent at the WR postion. anybody see Crabtree with a big blue star on his helmet:starspin

This is going to be DMAC all over again, and it will ultimately lead to the same disappointment.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
jterrell;2058794 said:
Crabtree belongs to me no one else can pimp him or else I hunt you down :)

That kid is the real deal. He may well win a friggin Heisman as a WR.

I hope he stays at Tech for two more seasons and comes out after his junior year. As a high school QB, he's still learning the WR position. He's a quick study though.

He's a great football player, but he's not a stop-watch guy and that always plays a factor in things.

IronCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Crabtree is over-rated. He plays in a run and shoot system where he gets the ball 20 times a game with 4 other options on the field.

He'll be a slot receiver at best in the NFL.

Nav22

Reaction score
Damn, didn't know there was a PC.
The best part was when Jerry contradicted your lie about Felix not being able to handle the load if absolutely necessary.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
masomenos85;2058841 said:
I think his name is Jerry.

:muttley: no seriously, there was a Freshman from Rice who led the nation in receiving 2 years ago, he'll be a Junior this year if I'm correct

Ren

Reaction score
The way i see it was have 4 WRs right now TO, Crayton, Hurd and Austin. Stanback needs to catch a pass before i count him as one and i have little faith in Glenn coming back. So if TO misses any time we have Hurd, Austin and Crayton,.. that's not good, that's quite possibly the worst WR corp in the League . IF Glenn can still play i'd be a little less worried but this don't look good at all.

Jerry needs to try and trade for someone soon not next.. :banghead:

joseephuss

Reaction score
Will Crabtree be eligible for the NFL in the next draft? Was he a true freshman or a redshirt freshman this past season? He would have to be a redshirt to meet the 3 year eligibility requirement.

He is not a product of Texas Tech's system. His overall numbers are a product of their system, but if you watch him on the field you can see that he can be a very good NFL receiver. He would do well on many college teams. You can see the difference between him and most other Texas Tech receivers who really are products of the system.

utrunner07

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2058797 said:
Crabtree is a product of a system at Tech

System players rarely do well in the NFL

I tend to agree...though it probably will not be popular...the right thing rarely is so bash away!