Jerry making mistake keeping Garrett

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If Jason Garrett wins SB this year what would your opinion be of him then? Lets just pretend it happens even if extremely unlikely. Resign or ligtning in a bottle and still get rid of him?

If Jason Garrett wins the SB this year I will publicly announce I was wrong about him and I will advocate for him to get a lifetime contract from the team. Hell, I will go buy 200 bags of cement and build a statue outside the stadium of Clappy myself;)

Of course we all know this will not be happening.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
38 years. No, I am not "new". Having different opinions isnt a reason to shade my fandom.

I just think Garrett is a good coach who is handicapped by JJ. Is that not a possibility?

NOPE.

JJ aint the one that keeps botching simple game day mechanics like timeouts, challenges, situational football, kicking 57 yard fgs 5 min into a game when you have the worst kicker in the league, basic stuff like that.

This "Garrett is Landry 2.0 if Jerry would just get out of the way" is laughable and idiotic defense of Garrett's 10 years of failure.

Go pedal that crap elsewhere, I aint buying it.;)

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ridiculous....”after the super bowl”....if we made the super bowl, he would absolutely be back, no question, and he’d be thrilled.

it would be stupid to fire a coach in season while in first place or even in the playoff hunt. No one does that, and neither will Jerry. If the season continues down the toilet, Jerry simply starts looking for a new coach and tells Jason, Thanks, but we are moving in another direction. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by firing him now.
Agree. He’s not going to be fired anyways. He’ll play out his contract and be gone. End of story. This was the plan all along but for a Super Bowl appearance this year and that isn’t happening. The players are already cleaning their golf clubs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Jason Garrett wins the SB this year I will publicly announce I was wrong about him and I will advocate for him to get a lifetime contract from the team. Hell, I will go buy 200 bags of cement and build a statue outside the stadium of Clappy myself;)

Of course we all know this will not be happening.
The Cowboys were never winning the SB this year. The hype alone with the 3-0 start coupled with ultimatums for Garrett spelled doom from the beginning.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Ok Greg got to admit at this point you are right . If they canned Garrett right now it couldnt make things worse . Cant kick or tackle any worse than this embarrassment tonight . looked like we were trying to set a record for 3 and outs along with failed 3rd down attempts .
Sheesh that was bad but the stats will show our defense got 2 TOs and most important to some on the forum Dak threw for over 300 yrds . Wow what a spit show !!!

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Cowboys were never winning the SB this year. The hype alone with the 3-0 start coupled with ultimatums for Garrett spelled doom from the beginning.

I agree my friend, Jerry should have fired Garrett after losing to the Rams last year and started this year fresh with a new coach. Now he has wasted yet another year of everybody's career.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree my friend, Jerry should have fired Garrett after losing to the Rams last year and started this year fresh with a new coach. Now he has wasted yet another year of everybody's career.
My support of Garrett has always revolved around the assumption Jerry wasn’t changing which limited alternatives and or a sound and normal solution but once I see his departure is inevitable and has become a Lame Duck then it’s time to cut loose as we are spiraling down and on the verge of a total collapse. We must try something.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Ok Greg got to admit at this point you are right . If they canned Garrett right now it couldnt make things worse . Cant kick or tackle any worse than this embarrassment tonight . looked like we were trying to set a record for 3 and outs along with failed 3rd down attempts .
Sheesh that was bad but the stats will show our defense got 2 TOs and most important to some on the forum Dak threw for over 300 yrds . Wow what a spit show !!!
Yep

And another example how stats can be a flawed representation or narration of the outcome. Much like the final score doesn’t represent the game being over much earlier. Or like Troy said “ fake stats”.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There seems to be a couple ways Jerry can handle the change in coaching:

Fire Garrett now, admit the team needs to head in a different direction and challenge the players with, "now, let's find out who has the will and grit to be here". I don't adhere to the nonsense that if coach "X" is named as interim coach, it somehow Weds you to that guy longer term.

The second, more measured path, is let the season play out and make a clean sweep at the end of the year, which seems to be the path JJ is on.

Personally, I would fire JG and live with the consequences. I have to believe that some in the clubhouse would see this as a positive. At this point, I do believe Jerry and the coaching staff have lost the team.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
My support of Garrett has always revolved around the assumption Jerry wasn’t changing which limited alternatives and or a sound and normal solution but once I see his departure is inevitable and has become a Lame Duck then it’s time to cut loose as we are spiraling down and on the verge of a total collapse. We must try something.
I agree, you make a good point.

Garrett is a “dead man walking” and the team knows it. That is a toxic atmosphere. Either give Garrett an extension or fire him and do it today.

Blackrain

Reaction score

I was not sure the departure was inevitable till last night after watching Jerrys face while answering questions after the game very different to me than after the game before . Jerry has lost complete confidence in Garrett and is now embarrassed and mad .
When on an important 3rd down Garrett has Zeke on the bench and some scrub who dosent know the play out there screwing up and running the wrong route I felt Garretts coaching days may be over . When the kicker missed another FG it sealed the deal IMO
Have not seen the defense this bad in a long time almost anyone would be better than what we are getting from this coaching staff . Jerry will probably ride out the season with them because like you say its easier for him but big changes are coming

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was not sure the departure was inevitable till last night after watching Jerrys face while answering questions after the game very different to me than after the game before . Jerry has lost complete confidence in Garrett and is now embarrassed and mad .
When on an important 3rd down Garrett has Zeke on the bench and some scrub who dosent know the play out there screwing up and running the wrong route I felt Garretts coaching days may be over . When the kicker missed another FG it sealed the deal IMO
Have not seen the defense this bad in a long time almost anyone would be better than what we are getting from this coaching staff . Jerry will probably ride out the season with them because like you say its easier for him but big changes are coming
I agree it’s easier for Jerry to not make a change now which I’m calling out.

I believed it was inevitable after the toxic environment Jerry punctuated in the Media after the Patriot game and the results since has supported my instincts.