Jerry making mistake keeping Garrett

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not many disagreeing. But, Any Cowboy fan under the age of 35 likely has no real memory of team success. So the bar is lower for many.
Yea, I really feel for this generation of fans. This is all they know and they’re still here. The rest of us...
apathy_club_funny_button_badge-red9ba7ed18b941d4af7398732b669f06_x7j1a_8byvr_512.jpg.cf.jpg

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
This is Dak's 3rd year & 4th season .

"The Amazing Red Guru" is in his 10th year .
Garrett hasnt done a bad job though. I understand he has shortcomings, but he tries really hard. I can tell. Plus my son likes him alot and hes only coach hes ever known.

To me, Dak is soft. I think its partially JGs fault for not reinging him in, but I blame Daks need to be famous.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Garrett hasnt done a bad job though. I understand he has shortcomings, but he tries really hard. I can tell. Plus my son likes him alot and hes only coach hes ever known.

To me, Dak is soft. I think its partially JGs fault for not reinging him in, but I blame Daks need to be famous.

Ahh yes the "need to be famous" is the downfall of all good young QBs. :huh:

jblaze2004

Reaction score
too bad the eagles or giants aren't like 10-2 or 9-3 right now. I rather loose the remaining games then to keep Garrett as a head coach. I believe if the cowboys make the playoffs and win a playoff game Jerry resigns Garrett which will be a huge mistake.

jblaze2004

Reaction score

Garrett hasn't done a bad job. Its been 10 years. He has had and wasted a lot of talented teams. Then you think Dak is soft? how so? He is constantly being hit while throwing the ball or well after the ball is throw with no flag being thrown. Not sure where u got Dak is soft from the way he is playing. He isn't taking himself out the game or nothing.

Why do u believe he is soft? Garrett is that you?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Jason is a Lame Duck HC now. He’s gone regardless how we finish. Everyone knows it. I don’t believe he’d want to stay or be welcome if we made it to the Super Bowl.

We still have a chance to finish strong and possibly make some noise in the playoffs.

Jerry is making this decision because it’s easier on him to leave Garrett in place because he doesn't really want another HC but the atmosphere is too toxic now for success with Garrett.

We might still back-in to the playoffs cause Egirls are even a bigger mess than we are. But with current environment it’s not conducive for success here.

After Thursday night it’s still not too late. We’ll have 10 days to adjust and hopefully provide a spark or we’ll otherwise possibly lose out. Which again will make the decision easier on Jerry.

Jerry, have some balls and do us all and Jason a favor. Once you know someone’s time is up it serves no one to leave him in place.

Look mate, it takes balls to let this coach fight for his life.
Let Garrett coach for the next 4 games!
Hire a new coach in February.

cern

Reaction score
Ron Rivera is gone. It happens. I would have fired Garrett several games ago. If the interim hc can rally the troops, keep him. If not, you have a few months to find your next hc.

MikeT22

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter. Keeping Garrett when everyone knows he’s gone will weigh everyone down.

Garrett is a walk around HC. It won’t take much multi tasking from the other coaches to fill in.

Keeping a Lame Duck HC is not the answer.

For the record Garrett is a terrible HC. But the walk around HC thing is just dumb. It's something Jerry came up with years ago to justify hiring coordinators and then giving them a HC title without any real power or authority.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Jason is a Lame Duck HC now. He’s gone regardless how we finish. Everyone knows it. I don’t believe he’d want to stay or be welcome if we made it to the Super Bowl.

We still have a chance to finish strong and possibly make some noise in the playoffs.

Jerry is making this decision because it’s easier on him to leave Garrett in place because he doesn't really want another HC but the atmosphere is too toxic now for success with Garrett.

We might still back-in to the playoffs cause Egirls are even a bigger mess than we are. But with current environment it’s not conducive for success here.

After Thursday night it’s still not too late. We’ll have 10 days to adjust and hopefully provide a spark or we’ll otherwise possibly lose out. Which again will make the decision easier on Jerry.

Jerry, have some balls and do us all and Jason a favor. Once you know someone’s time is up it serves no one to leave him in place.
You’ve always been a Garrett supporter. I would have thought you would want Garrett coaching this year until the bitter end.
I agree strongly with your take.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
If you don’t believe Garrett should be here why would you believe he should stay now ? Makes no sense to me.
Agree....I would fire his arse tonight

I don’t even care if we win the division by default, more of an embarrassment than an accomplishment

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I agree but in the meantime this team needs a spark that only a HC change can bring. Most of all leaving a Lame Duck in place is a recipe for collapse. Maybe everyone wants it to collapse?
Collapse is fine with me, I actually prefer it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The same list which is intent on replacing their HC leading the division in this situation.

Who fires their coach after winning division amid a playoff game?

The same list which calls out their coaching after being beat at the World Champs house.
Lots of teams fire their head coaches after winning their division if they lose in the playoffs.

In fact, some teams fire their head coach even if they win a playoff game, see Tennessee Titans firing their coach and hiring Vrabel after beating the Chiefs in the playoffs a couple of seasons back.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
IMO it doesn’t really matter. He’s a negative force as a Lame Duck.

And Garrett is a walk around HC. He’s not calling plays, etc. Name anyone. Shoot, and for big decisions Jerry or Stephen can from the skybox.
Diehard is right, kick this loser to the curb.

He is nothing more than a glorified cheerleader anyways. Tell the remaining coaches that if they can get to the SB they can stay, otherwise they are all gone too.