Jerry Missed Out on His War Daddy

conner01

Reaction score
How can you say you are a risk taker, want a "War Daddy", and miss out on getting Jedeveon Clowney DE for $10M? He was the no.1 DE out of high school, no.1 DE out of college, multiple Pro Bowler, and he has less risk than Aldon Smith, Randy Gregory, David Irving, Sean Lee, Jalyon Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Bruce Carter, etc.

When Jerry Dumbo GM Jones does this and Arlington Jonesboys fans are not alarmed, I know there will be no NFC Championship game let alone a Super Bowl run.

Either the Cowboys can not recruit good young free agents, or Jerry is that much of a Dumbo GM.
There is nothing good or young about clowney
He’s had 2 good years in his career

exciter

Reaction score
How can you say you are a risk taker, want a "War Daddy", and miss out on getting Jedeveon Clowney DE for $10M? He was the no.1 DE out of high school, no.1 DE out of college, multiple Pro Bowler, and he has less risk than Aldon Smith, Randy Gregory, David Irving, Sean Lee, Jalyon Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Bruce Carter, etc.

When Jerry Dumbo GM Jones does this and Arlington Jonesboys fans are not alarmed, I know there will be no NFC Championship game let alone a Super Bowl run.

Either the Cowboys can not recruit good young free agents, or Jerry is that much of a Dumbo GM.
Lol!

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
$10 million would probably get close to getting us both Daquan Jones and KJ Wright.

Much, much better investments at positions of greater need.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
He’s a disrupter.

I know nothing about him other than what I’ve seen on a few games that I watched and I can’t believe he isn’t projected to go higher than he is.
Basically forced to retire in college due to concussions. Beast though. TJ Watt starter kit

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Member CZers - can we cease using that label? It don't matter if the Cowboys Owner\ President\ General Manger references it - he does not know how to go about obtaining one. It is an embarassing tag as "Hot Boyz".
I do not like the term Hot Boyz it sucks

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Clowney may be the most overrated player in the NFL. First he's always battling injuries that impact his play and he's never produced 10+ sacks at any point in his career. If you had to guess who's produced more sacks between Tyrone Crawford and Clowney the last 2 season's who would you guess? They've both produced the same at 3. Let that sink in as we all complain about Crawford making 8 to 9 million a year. I'm glad we didn't sign Clowney for 10 million, instead of him being our war daddy, Jerry would be his sugar daddy and get little in return.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Clowney has lived off of that one college highlight hit his entire career.

He's been pretty average thus far. I wouldn't take him at 10mill. Like some other posters have noted: he's way too overpriced for his lack of production.

So true. I was going to post the same thing but you beat me to it.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clowney ain't it, fam.
3 years ago he was a little underrated. Good all around player, that just didnt get the big sack production. However the last 3 years haven't been kind, and he is pretty much gassed

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
War daddy was not missed by Jerry. Remember, Dak is the daddy now.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Clowney is a runstopper and no pass rusher. He would play on the left side. What would you do with DFlaw ? He is basically the same player.

Clowney also has injury concerns an his head seems not always to be in the game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He has 2 sacks in his last 20 games. He doesn't practice at all during the week. He's no war daddy!

2020 0 sacks in 8 games
2019 3 sacks in 13 games
3 sacks in 2 years.

Aldon had that many sacks in *1* game last year. And it doesn't look like we're signing that War Daddy either.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Clowney really ain’t that good

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you watched him play lately?