Jerry not interested on making changes w/Zack Martins contract?

Rayman70

Reaction score
The only part of Jerry's statement I disagree with is this:
It is also very much about precedent. You yield to one guy -- under contract -- a line will inevitably form.
exactly. Its human nature.

erod

Reaction score
Martin wanted security with a heavily front-loaded contract. They gave that to him. Now it's time for Dallas to benefit, and he wants another deal.

Typical player mentality.

Tyron didn't do this. He honored his contact. Zack should show the same integrity

glimmerman

Reaction score
I would have no problem restructuring his contract and extending him a year or so. Make his pay a signing bonus. Don’t play games with the best RG in the game. If he aint the best he is right there with them and will be for a while. And he has been a good leader. Don’t piss him off but I understand JJ taking a stance. But I would do it to his face and not in an interview. Keep this stuff behind closed doors.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Martin wanted security with a heavily front-loaded contract. They gave that to him. Now it's time for Dallas to benefit, and he wants another deal.

Typical player mentality.

Tyron didn't do this. He honored his contact. Zack should show the same integrity
I agree. If we can extend or restructure to get more money to pay other players then do it. We lose Martin and it’s a bad thing for our O-Line.

kumizi

Reaction score
The only part of Jerry's statement I disagree with is this:
It is also very much about precedent. You yield to one guy -- under contract -- a line will inevitably form.

They already set the precedent by paying guys like Zeke with two years left. Zack Martin is more important to the team success now and has contributed more over the year than the guys they set the precedent with.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Jerry's history is that he will cave, eventually. Of course, that's not unique to Jerry. Scrramm/Landry at first said they wouldn't change Dorsett's contract, but eventually did. Jerry refused Emmitt until the Cowboys lost their first two games in 1993 and then caved.

Let Jerry's prize pupil Dak gets smashed a couple of times if Zack isn't on the field at the start of the season and he'll cave.

That's the facts, money is one thing, but losing games trumps that....

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
so i guess they will really argue over this deal i think a deal gets done regardless of what jerry says

glimmerman

Reaction score
Was there ever a day when players took less to leave money to pay others. Everybody wants to get paid. We see brady take less but it didn’t spread through the NFL.