Jerry not interested on making changes w/Zack Martins contract?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
good decision…Zach has zero leverage. Hopefully his disappointment doesn’t effect his performance.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Martin wanted security with a heavily front-loaded contract. They gave that to him. Now it's time for Dallas to benefit, and he wants another deal.

Typical player mentality.

Tyron didn't do this. He honored his contact. Zack should show the same integrity
Can't compare Smith's situation to any other player because he loves the Jones family for helping him out of his family situation and he feels he owes them.

I don't see integrity being a part of professional sports, it is 100% about the money and integrity cannot exist in that environment.

These teams that don't pay out all of the contract to players, is that integrity?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Martin would not be the first player, particularly linemen with years under their belt, to use this to just avoid camp.

Then again, he could just decide he's had enough and hang it up. Wouldn't be the first Cowboy to decide to retire at an inopportune time for the team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Martin has made 75 million so far. The next 2 years he is gonna make 27 million.

IMO he is looking to be extended. Maybe a good thing. He is staying strong. Maybe they are wanting to do it next year. But can do it and save money on the cap by turning most of his pay into signing bonus.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Martin would not be the first player, particularly linemen with years under their belt, to use this to just avoid camp.

Then again, he could just decide he's had enough and hang it up. Wouldn't be the first Cowboy to decide to retire at an inopportune time for the team.
What does that tell you about how he feels towards the Jones’s. They seem to take care of there players so it would be strange to see. I could understand if they did him wrong or something.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Why are you worried about a player making a few extra million when it would damage our ability to improve the team in the future? Goes both ways here. I’m actually being practical, you’re being emotional.
No ...... I am not worried about Martin getting paid or not ....... I just hate that these owners cannot just say they don't want to pay them instead of using the salary cap, that they decide what it is, as an excuse.

The owners could triple the salary cap tomorrow if they wanted too ...... yet they act like they are handcuffed by it.

I hate the dishonesty by the owners who are already running an legal monopoly with no overseeing at all.