Jerry... nothing new on Terry but shortly there will be

Mansta54

Reaction score
dbair1967;2157072 said:
or it could be that Glenn himself doesnt think he can do it, and has decided to retire

David

Maybe!! Who knows.....

Nav22

Reaction score
Based on Jerry and his tone, I think Glenn will be back. Then they asked Stephen if there's "any list" Glenn could go on, and Stephen replied, "Not tonight."

My best guess is that Glenn will be placed on the PUP list. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
dbair1967;2157072 said:
or it could be that Glenn himself doesnt think he can do it, and has decided to retire

David

Or it could mean were jumping to all sorts of conclusions.

If he was going to call it quits, why wait until now?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:pray:

Just make it end.

I'm not sure what is more annoying right now. The Brett Favre saga or the never ending Terry Glenn mini series.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mansta54;2157045 said:
I doubt that, they've been by his side through this entire offseason and last season. They know what they have in TG...

Yeah, they do.

That's why they're insisting on the split contract.

1fisher

Reaction score
TG is a BP guy and this is Jerry's way of sticking it to BP....

:laugh2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Nors;2157164 said:
So basically no one has any clue on Glenn's status.

nope.

I have thought he would be released after hearing JJT three weeks ago. I know jjt has a relationship with glenn, at least that is the way I have always perceived it.

He said terry overplayed his hand and will not be invited to camp.

I guess we find out tomorrow afternoon sometime if he was right.

I hope not.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2157056 said:
I have no pity for Glen here:I like him;he was a good Cowboy but he made big bucks last year for nothing. What does he expect?

That's just part of the game. Is Snyder asking Philip Daniels to sign a split contract? He didn't even get a single play out of him. How about when Joey Galloway blew out his knee in his first game as a Cowboy?

Dallas22

Reaction score
1fisher;2157158 said:
TG is a BP guy and this is Jerry's way of sticking it to BP....

I kind of agree with you... But I don't think that Jerry is doing it to stick it to Parcells - That is not business-wise, and Jerry Jones is VERY business-minded. I think it is more that Terry Glenn would have signed the injury wavier IF BP was still the head coach OR that Glenn believes that this whole situation would've have occured IF BP was still the coach - For some reason though, I don't think that BP would've cared much for Glenn's illogical demands and maybe Glenn would've even played EARLIER last season IF BP was there...

Who knows but I sure hope that we can get a solid & experienced #2 WR into camp ASAP, Glenn or someone else. I like Crayton (except for his monumental dropped pass on 3rd and long in the playoff loss against the NY Giants) but to me, we still need 1 more solid #2-#3 WR to go along with TO and Crayton to make opposing defenses nuts on who to cover - TO, Crayton, Witten, Barber/Felix Jones, and of course our "#2" WR - WOW... GO COWBOYS!!!

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
nake;2157025 said:
Maybe Jerry is engineering the first of many dramatic moments for HBO?

Or maybe he's just trying to tell us that team doctors have determined that there's no way Glenn can get through an entire season on that knee...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2157086 said:
:pray:

Just make it end.

I'm not sure what is more annoying right now. The Brett Favre saga or the never ending Terry Glenn mini series.

This is the essence of a non-story, actually, and those of you gettin' worked up over it are makin' yourselves nuts for nothing...

The Boys did just fine without Glenn last year, and will survive just fine without him again this year, if they must... as a result, I can honestly say that I'm not losing sleep worrying about getting Terry's name on a contract...

If he signs, cool; if not, well, it's time to move on... no biggie, really...

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Without the NFL Europe exceptions this year, those 80 roster spots are invaluable for camp bodies. A lot of coaches are really up in arms about it. I don't think Jerry would have kept one open this long if he didn't think something could be worked out. Glenn came out and publicly pleaded for his release in May, so I don't know why Jerry would have just kept him twisting in the wind if he didn't think he had any chance to play this year. As Hanson said ... this is a billion dollar operation, I don't know why Jerry is hagling over what is pennies in the grand scheme of things.

Cleveland is desperate for a 2nd/3rd WR since it looks like Joe Jurivicious is toast, and Glenn has ties to Crennel from New England. It would be interesting if we faced off against Glenn in Week 1.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;2157202 said:
This is the essence of a non-story, actually, and those of you gettin' worked up over it are makin' yourselves nuts for nothing...

The Boys did just fine without Glenn last year, and will survive just fine without him again this year, if they must... as a result, I can honestly say that I'm not losing sleep worrying about getting Terry's name on a contract...

If he signs, cool; if not, well, it's time to move on... no biggie, really...

:bow: Lord muck, muck

I avail you of my services...

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2157018 said:
Yeah, it didn't sound good, and that sucks. Hansen had a good question for once when he asked why, with a billion-dollar operation, he would relatively nickel and dime Terry like this?

The whole thing stinks. I wonder if there's not more that we haven't heard, like that Jerry thinks Terry could have played earlier last year and didn't.

Actually, that's my best guess, because this isn't like Jerry to hold a grudge against a player for getting injured.

Why do you phrase it that way? He isn't holding a grudge against Terry for getting injured, he's holding a grudge because Terry is showing him zero loyalty after getting paid big time last year. Everyone knew before the season started that Glenn was going to miss really significant time, and yet, Jerry kept him aboard when he really didn't have to. And this is how Glenn repays him. Nice.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
How did Terry show "zero loyalty" last year? He could've had his microfracture surgery and gotten paid just the same as he did. Instead, he rehabbed like a madman to try to make it back by the end of the season. How is that being disloyal?

I didn't know that if your company offered to cut your pay by 1/2 or 1/3 and you didn't do it, you were disloyal. Sound like disloyalty from the company, if you ask me.