Jerry... nothing new on Terry but shortly there will be

slick325

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2157180 said:
That's just part of the game. Is Snyder asking Philip Daniels to sign a split contract? He didn't even get a single play out of him. How about when Joey Galloway blew out his knee in his first game as a Cowboy?

You make a good point Lab. I think the language of the spilt contract has to be very concise and that is probably the hold-up. If I were Terry's attorney or agent I would seek language within the contract that protects him should he injure the knee by getting rolled up on while blocking a la Marvin Harrison, or should he blow out his knee due to a direct hit to the knee, etc.

This is a very delicate issue if you ask me because as you stated, injuries are a part of the game. Look at Phillip Daniels or when Marino or Kevin Smith tore their achilles.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2157451 said:
How did Terry show "zero loyalty" last year? He could've had his microfracture surgery and gotten paid just the same as he did. Instead, he rehabbed like a madman to try to make it back by the end of the season. How is that being disloyal?

I didn't know that if your company offered to cut your pay by 1/2 or 1/3 and you didn't do it, you were disloyal. Sound like disloyalty from the company, if you ask me.

Also, I don't know why Jerry would be upset that Glenn didn't try to come back earlier in December. He tried to come back too early in September, before the knee was ready, and just made it even worse and then had to have another surgery.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems to me that this is about more than just the money.

I don't think anybody honestly believes that his knee can hold up and he can play anymore.

Judging from Calvin Watkins' most recent article, it sounds like the team is ready to move on.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
stasheroo;2157547 said:
Seems to me that this is about more than just the money.

I don't think anybody honestly believes that his knee can hold up and he can play anymore.

Judging from Calvin Watkins' most recent article, it sounds like the team is ready to move on.

They're so ready to move on that they keep him around when he's publicly pleading to be released.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi;2157562 said:
They're so ready to move on that they keep him around when he's publicly pleading to be released.

If they were 'keeping him around', I would think that he'd be - ya know - 'around'.

And last I heard from Glenn, he was tripping over his tongue backtracking from his 'please release me' tirade.

Either way, like most others, I'm ready for some form of a resolution to all of this.

Watkins' article had quotes from Jones that have me enthusiastic about trade possibilities again.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2157573 said:
Watkins' article had quotes from Jones that have me enthusiastic about trade possibilities again.
I don't think those trade possibilities ever died they just went on vacation until camps started. I'm still not convinced we go into Cleveland with the WR's we currently have.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Norm hitzges just spent 30 minutes on glenn.

He believes he will be cut this morning. He said a source told him the cowboys doctors have not even seen glenn for a long time and that money is not the issue like jerry said. they dont want to worry about him being hurt everyday like last year.

So norm thinks he will be cut this morning. He also said he believes if it gets to the point in arizona that boldin would actually be on the market that Jerry would go full force after him. Saying he thinks they might offer something like a 2, 3 and 4 for him. Would arizona take that? No one knows.

I miss TG already.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2157634 said:
Norm hitzges just spent 30 minutes on glenn.

He believes he will be cut this morning. He said a source told him the cowboys doctors have not even seen glenn for a long time and that money is not the issue like jerry said. they dont want to worry about him being hurt everyday like last year.

So norm thinks he will be cut this morning. He also said he believes if it gets to the point in arizona that boldin would actually be on the market that Jerry would go full force after him. Saying he thinks they might offer something like a 2, 3 and 4 for him. Would arizona take that? No one knows.

I miss TG already.

Thanks for the info.

In response to Norm's comments, I think they'll have to go higher than that.

And I would personally prefer Roy Williams to Boldin.

What separates the two for me is the speed element.

I think a key component this offense is missing is a deep threat and I think Williams would provide more of it than Boldin would.

I would offer my 1st and the extra 4th the team got in this year's draft. If they turned that down, I'd go so far as to offer the extra 3rd rounder as well.

Super Bowl or Bust from my perspective.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
yeah, I heard it too. Sounds like Glenn is a goner. Now that I understand the Cowboys doctors haven't seen Glenn in forever, I can understand Jerry's stance more. Although, I don't understand why they didn't just release him in May or why Jerry is wasting his finite amount of time on the week of training camp talking with Glenn's agent if he really believes Glenn is toast.

I've been hearing how "Jerry is going to put top priority on upgrading the #2 WR position !!!" since January .... not one free agent signed, not one player drafted, not one trade in seven months. I'll believe it when I see it.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
stasheroo;2157648 said:
Thanks for the info.

In response to Norm's comments, I think they'll have to go higher than that.

And I would personally prefer Roy Williams to Boldin.

What separates the two for me is the speed element.

I think a key component this offense is missing is a deep threat and I think Williams would provide more of it than Boldin would.

I would offer my 1st and the extra 4th the team got in this year's draft. If they turned that down, I'd go so far as to offer the extra 3rd rounder as well.

Super Bowl or Bust from my perspective.

yeah but remember Norm didnt say we are trading, just that if it ever gets to the point of arizona wanting to trade him Jerry would be interested because of what a tireless and hard worker boldin is. He would fit right in with this group.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2157653 said:
yeah, I heard it too. Sounds like Glenn is a goner. Now that I understand the Cowboys doctors haven't seen Glenn in forever, I can understand Jerry's stance more. Although, I don't understand why they didn't just release him in May or why Jerry is wasting his finite amount of time on the week of training camp talking with Glenn's agent if he really believes Glenn is toast.

I've been hearing how the Cowboys have "just absolutely got to upgrade the #2 WR position !!!" since January .... not one free agent signed, not one player drafted, not one trade in seven months. I'll believe it when I see it.

Yep the whole thing is strange.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2157657 said:
yeah but remember Norm didnt say we are trading, just that if it ever gets to the point of arizona wanting to trade him Jerry would be interested because of what a tireless and hard worker boldin is. He would fit right in with this group.

No doubt I wouldn't be disappointed getting Boldin, just that my first choice would be Roy Williams.

I just have a sinking feeling that - given their need, cap space, and draft pick and player ammo, the Eagles could make a better trade offer for Boldin than what Dallas could.

They've currently got two #1 picks and a disgruntled Lito Sheppard to get something done.

And I think Boldin would be just what the doctor ordered for their West Coast offense.

:(

1fisher

Reaction score
Dallas22;2157197 said:
I kind of agree with you... But I don't think that Jerry is doing it to stick it to Parcells - That is not business-wise, and Jerry Jones is VERY business-minded. I think it is more that Terry Glenn would have signed the injury wavier IF BP was still the head coach OR that Glenn believes that this whole situation would've have occured IF BP was still the coach - For some reason though, I don't think that BP would've cared much for Glenn's illogical demands and maybe Glenn would've even played EARLIER last season IF BP was there...

Who knows but I sure hope that we can get a solid & experienced #2 WR into camp ASAP, Glenn or someone else. I like Crayton (except for his monumental dropped pass on 3rd and long in the playoff loss against the NY Giants) but to me, we still need 1 more solid #2-#3 WR to go along with TO and Crayton to make opposing defenses nuts on who to cover - TO, Crayton, Witten, Barber/Felix Jones, and of course our "#2" WR - WOW... GO COWBOYS!!!

purely sarcasm on my part..... I know BP doesn't give a rip about how JJ treats TG..

Hence the :laugh2: