Obvioulsy, it would be great to hit a home run, like Maxx. However, our draft capital is getting a little thin.
Right now, we have the lower of the Packers/Our first, our own 2nd and the Steelers 4th next year.
We also traded the 2028 2nd for JPJ.
I have to think with the Raiders start they are less likely to move Maxx.
I think Josh Swest could be had, but he would likely cost a 2nd or a 3rd and something else. Would you move the 2027 2nd for him? Would the Steelers 4th in 2027 and our own 3rd in 2028 get him?
Mack interests me. The Chargers brought him back thinking they were a SB competitor, and it's all gone downhill.
Could he be had for the Steelers 4th? A good chunk of his money was signing bonus so that's already paid. I know he's old but he's still productive, and that cost may work for us.
On the other hand, would a FA signings be close to Mack level but at no draft cost? I wish we had kept Clowney. No that he's great, but he is at least a rotational player at Edge. Right now we have Gary and EZ as rotational and not much else, and Lawrence is obviously developing.