Jerry on Derrick Henry: I dont know if he'd be having a career year for us

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Someone needs to make a video. Send it to Jerry.

Showing Henry's 2024 highlights with Baltimore. To the tune. of..... Should Have Been aCowboy .....

leeblair

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan for the first time since he got angry about their questions regarding Dallas’ lack of offseason moves: “I’m surprised that last week got the attention it got.”

Before being asked, Jones brought up the Cowboys not having interest in signing RB Derrick Henry in the offseason: “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all. … Derrick Henry didn’t fit (because of) managing the (salary) cap.”

Derrick Henry isn't the problem.
It didn't matter who the Cowboys did or didn't get as long as they were going to keep the quarterback position unchanged.
Just as when Garrett was head coach, that glaring deficiency at the leadership spot negates all of the talent on the roster.
And when Jerry extended Dak, he sealed the fate of the Cowboys for at least five or six more years. Maybe even longer, due to the damage that will be done to the franchise by that point.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan for the first time since he got angry about their questions regarding Dallas’ lack of offseason moves: “I’m surprised that last week got the attention it got.”

Before being asked, Jones brought up the Cowboys not having interest in signing RB Derrick Henry in the offseason: “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all. … Derrick Henry didn’t fit (because of) managing the (salary) cap.”

Questions for GM Jethro.

Are we 4-2 with Henry?

Do defenses have to respect our run game if Henry is on our team?

Is their something that Zeke does that Henry does not?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Granted I know this isnt Jerry being honest, but the answer itself shows a low football IQ, or at least shows he thinks fans have a low football IQ. Henry doesn't have to have a career year to justify bringing him in. Derrick Henry changes the way teams have to play defense. Derrick Henry makes it so teams respect the run game. Derrick Henry opens up passing lanes, and even if he doesn't have 800 yards at this point he helps keep you ahead of the chains and in 3rd and short situations. Having a Derrick Henry on the field with a Ceedee Lamb stresses a defense. Add a solid underneath guy in Jake Ferguson and now you have something. You need multiple skill position guys on the field who can put pressure on the defense. Jerry needed to go get another RB or WR to make that a reality....instead he believes paying guys more money should magically make them better players.
:clap:this is Jerry's strangest screw-up since he purchased the team in 1989 and that's saying something So many ways Henry could have helped this offense AND team if we are being honest.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

It just gets worse and worse. Hopefully now everyone will see Jerry for the fool he is. Guy is a cancer on this franchise.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

I don't doubt he wouldn't have had the same type of success here, but by saying that Jones basically admits we don't have the right talent or scheme to be successful running the ball.

Clearly he made a mistake he won't ever admit but it was probably the most obvious move to be made in the offseason.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't doubt he wouldn't have had the same type of success here, but by saying that Jones basically admits we don't have the right talent or scheme to be successful running the ball.

Clearly he made a mistake he won't ever admit but it was probably the most obvious move to be made in the offseason.
His ego will not allow him to admit to making a mistake. Jerry do, what Jerry does.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score

He may not be wrong , LOL , Solari’s antiquated scheme plus Mac/ schottenheimer offense may not be able to create any space by OL to run through

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is a lie to say he couldn't fit because of the cap but he definitely wouldn't be averaging 3+ yards before contact....
And that's how a good big RB gets to the next level. Head of steam, momentum, get up to speed.

Watch the 1st qtr of detroit game, particularly the o line of each team. Glaring massive difference.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Pollard ran well here and he's in Tennessee. You know, where Henry ran well. So, what the hell is Jerry talking about "wouldn't fit?"

He's a complete idiot.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
LOL, anyone who buys what this idiot is selling is just as idiotic. So I guess a washed up RB, an injury prone RB and a pocket sized RB are the right fit for this offense. :muttley:

Even Gronk would be calling you out on that.