Jerry on Derrick Henry: I dont know if he'd be having a career year for us

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Jerry is right. With the Ravens, Henry is on pace to have the greatest season in history. With the Cowboys, he’d probably be like 15th in rushing, which would be better than what he have now

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I think he was stupid for not going after Henry but I agree that Henry would not be doing here what he is doing in Baltimore. Not a knock on Henry but on MM, his scheme and Oline coach. Lots of money in Dak so gotta be a passing team.
He wouldn’t be Baltimore DH, but he’d still be a huge boon for Dallas.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Regardless how idiotic it comes across it’s a method which has worked for decades.

I think he actually believes much of what he says .
Well that depends on your definition of what works is. Their are many fans that would say it has not worked for almost 3 decades.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well that depends on your definition of what works is. There are many fans that would say it has not worked for almost 3 decades.
Of course it’s worked . He’s #1 in Revenue and has remained relevant enough to not being forced to change his ways .

Fans who want to hold on to this no championships as only barometer have helped enable him to continue his ways. Talk is cheap. Action is needed.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Of course it’s worked . He’s #1 in Revenue and has remained relevant enough to not being forced to change his ways .

Fans who want to hold on to this no championships as only barometer have helped enable him to continue his ways. Talk is cheap. Action is needed.
According to you talk is extremely wealthy. Jerry is a billionaire and talks more than anyone and can't win a playoff game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
According to you talk is extremely wealthy. Jerry is a billionaire and talks more than anyone and can't win a playoff game.
The point is if fans aren’t happy or satisfied , whatever word you choose , they have had a funny way of showing their displeasure.

No wonder he still thinks most fans are in support of him all of these years as being most popular and wealthiest team in all of sports.

That’s what I mean by taking action. Complaining but still tuning in , buying merchandise and attending games , etc has been sending him the wrong message .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d argue based on the lack of success on the field this era with the record support by fans that winning playoff games is overrated . Why else would fans contribute to the record revenue this era.

Back in the day when we weren’t winning we stayed away and stadium had tens of thousands empty seats .There was local TV blackouts . And the team was losing money helped forcing the owner to sell. That’s how you being about change .

theanimal23

Reaction score
Jerry is the worst owner in the NFL. He's hoping the fans/media are ignorant enough to buy what he is selling in terms of excuses. Just don't speak.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well Risen there are many posters on this forum that insist signing Henry would be a waste and he wouldn't have added value here. Maybe Jerry has a bunch of ghost accounts.
They are just in denial he may not have done as well as he's doing in Baltimore but he would have definitely improved our running game.

And quite possibly improve the confidence of our young lineman as they could run block more rather than pass protect.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Jerry is a complete football buffoon. He goes from drafting a RB 1st overall, extending said RB and then letting them go for nothing to re-signing the same washed up dude. Because "loyalty."
Then, ignores the position for years. Pollard was put on a shelf so Zeke could annoy fans being mediocre, and Pollard is STILL making positive plays for another team.
The O-line isn't even good enough to stop lighter boxes and defenses can put more guys on the pass. No play action.......

I repeat, Jerry Jones is a football moron. Clearly, all he cares about are ticket and merch profits. The largest fanbase in the World suffering for 3 decades means nothing to his ego.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Jerry is a complete football buffoon. He goes from drafting a RB 1st overall, extending said RB and then letting them go for nothing to re-signing the same washed up dude. Because "loyalty."
Then, ignores the position for years. Pollard was put on a shelf so Zeke could annoy fans being mediocre, and Pollard is STILL making positive plays for another team.
The O-line isn't even good enough to stop lighter boxes and defenses can put more guys on the pass. No play action.......

I repeat, Jerry Jones is a football moron. Clearly, all he cares about are ticket and merch profits. The largest fanbase in the World suffering for 3 decades means nothing to his ego.
unfortunately Pollard didn’t make many plays last year under MM’s offense but I agree JJ is a buffoon

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Henry had a run Sunday where he was first touched 75 yards downfield. When was the last time our line opened up that kind of hole for anybody? People need to get over it.. The Ravens line is better than ours so any back running running behind that line is going to look better than running behind ours. He finished with 106 yards BEFORE contact in that game. And that's only the second best of this season for him. Against Buffalo he had 154 yards before contact. As much as I hate to admit it, Jerry is right, he aint doin that in Dallas. No back is.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
unfortunately Pollard didn’t make many plays last year under MM’s offense but I agree JJ is a buffoon
We weren't great. WAAAAAY better than we have this season. Pollard had more yards than our entire offense, by himself :lmao:

Where would we be without Dowdle's 40 yards per game average?
:laugh:

gtb1943

Reaction score
Henry had a run Sunday where he was first touched 75 yards downfield. When was the last time our line opened up that kind of hole for anybody? People need to get over it.. The Ravens line is better than ours so any back running running behind that line is going to look better than running behind ours. He finished with 106 yards BEFORE contact in that game. And that's only the second best of this season for him. Against Buffalo he had 154 yards before contact. As much as I hate to admit it, Jerry is right, he aint doin that in Dallas. No back is.
the point is that we would be significantly better if he was on the team
but then was not you one of those screaming that Henry was done?