Jerry on Derrick Henry: I dont know if he'd be having a career year for us

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry is kinda correct. The OL here in Dallas is not getting things done and I believe the scheme sucks weighing these guys down. Dallas offense is in quicksand currently and they do not have the ability to pull themselves out.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry is kinda correct. The OL here in Dallas is not getting things done and I believe the scheme sucks weighing these guys down. Dallas offense is in quicksand currently and they do not have the ability to pull themselves out.
Once again it is a complimentary sport. A good RB can make the OLine better and vice versa. A good running game opens up passing lanes. A good passing game opens up running lanes.

Forcing a defense to play honest, making it easier for a QB to read a defense. Never mind converting first downs, keeps your D rested and off the field.

Jerry is an idiot. When has an emergency QB helped any damn NFL team???

cowboyed

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan for the first time since he got angry about their questions regarding Dallas’ lack of offseason moves: “I’m surprised that last week got the attention it got.”

Before being asked, Jones brought up the Cowboys not having interest in signing RB Derrick Henry in the offseason: “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all. … Derrick Henry didn’t fit (because of) managing the (salary) cap.”

It's not an unreasonable response by Jerry because it has been established that we have run blocking problems. But that doesn't let him off the hook because Derrick wouldn't have needed a career season with the Cowboys because he would still have been light years more effective than this underachieving group of running backs.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Henry has entered multiple 4th quarters this season with 20-something yards rushing. HIS OC has the sense to keep giving him the ball. There does not appear to be any such intellect on the Cowboys sideline.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Career Year? UH??? :banghead: Jerry, Do You Hear Yourself What's Coming Out Of Your Mouth...Jerry..You're Fired..Get Out Of Here..

Jerry We Don't Need To Have Someone To Have a Career Year To Be Productive

Free Agents
Derrick Henry Y 873
Saquon Barkley Y 658

We don’t run that type of offense at all.. UH?? :banghead:Hand Off - Bock And Let Henry Do The Rest

But Rico Dowdle Y 246 :muttley:

QB Justin Field Y 231 :bow:

Career Year..2020, Henry led the league in rushing yards and touchdowns
and became the eighth player in NFL history to rush for over 2,000 yards in a single season.

Vs Productive Year?..

I'm Out Of Here..

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/rushing/2024/reg/all/rushingyards/desc

Sydla

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan for the first time since he got angry about their questions regarding Dallas’ lack of offseason moves: “I’m surprised that last week got the attention it got.”

Before being asked, Jones brought up the Cowboys not having interest in signing RB Derrick Henry in the offseason: “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all. … Derrick Henry didn’t fit (because of) managing the (salary) cap.”

LOL, so which is it, you clown, Henry didn't fit in your offense or your cap?

Oh and by the way, Henry could have absolutely fit under our cap. You lying piece of cow dung.

John813

Reaction score
Henry has entered multiple 4th quarters this season with 20-something yards rushing. HIS OC has the sense to keep giving him the ball. There does not appear to be any such intellect on the Cowboys sideline.

His highest amount of rushing yards per quarter is the 3rd, with 290 so far in 7 games,

4th quarter is 230 yards
1st quarter is 151 yards
2nd quarter is 136 yards

You're telling me out of 873 yards, most of the games his yardage came in the 4th?

His attempts per quarter are:
30 in the 1st for 5.03 YPC
29 in the 2nd, for 4.69 YPC
32 in the 3rd for 9.19 ypc
39 in the 4th for 5.9 ypc.

I can't see multiple games with only 20 yards going into the 4th with the above data, but would like to see if you had the data to back that up.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
they aren't getting blown out is why.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Once again it is a complimentary sport. A good RB can make the OLine better and vice versa. A good running game opens up passing lanes. A good passing game opens up running lanes.

Forcing a defense to play honest, making it easier for a QB to read a defense. Never mind converting first downs, keeps your D rested and off the field.

Jerry is an idiot. When has an emergency QB helped any damn NFL team???
To your point you can see it in zekes runs vs rico's runs. 3 vs 4 yards per carry. But Henry wouldn't change how defenses defense this offense because of the short routes mike has to call in part because the OL is not good at protecting Dak long enough for the deeper throws. So everything is quick underneath. And while mike tries to spread things out horizontally the defense stacks it up vertically short to mid with little fear of a deep threat. There is very little run pass threat out of the same formations which makes it even easier for defenses to know what they are doing. I'm certain Henry would help but this team has a lot of issues not just RB.

Iago33

Reaction score
What kind of offence do we run? One that revolves a 4'2 son on a staffer? One that revolves around a 30-year-old who lives in the body of a 70-year-old? I dunno, maybe Dak wouldn't have hurt his pinky last game, and maybe Lamb would have time to run a route when Cyborg is on the field? SMH
One that revolves around a 60 million dollar QB and doesn’t care about the run.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

An angel loses its wings every time he opens his mouth.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Jerry is right about one thing, Henry wouldnt be having that kind of year with our offensive line....He's admitting our Oline is not good...and of course he drafted the players on our oline....He needs to go...

Beat me too it, basically he admits we have crap for an OL.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
“I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all." Or what he really meant to say is “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … we can't run block."

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

OMG....enough with the salary cap. Henry cost 3M more than Zeke....if you can't manage the cap and find enough room to have a 10x better RB at an extra 3M per year, then you suck at what you do.

Chasing6

Reaction score
OMG....enough with the salary cap. Henry cost 3M more than Zeke....if you can't manage the cap and find enough room to have a 10x better RB at an extra 3M per year, then you suck at what you do.
Jerry did not ask, therefor Jerry did not know, if he could afford Henry or not. Owner Jerry, thought GM Jethro was going to make the call, who thought President Jeruh had made the call.

Somehow between these 3 stooges, we came to a conclusion that we could not afford him.

phildadon86

Reaction score

Jerry. You would have had the cap if you paid lamb and Dak in March. You paid them market value anyways. You saved no money waiting until September. Just stop talking. Fans are not dumb

JustChip

Reaction score

He’s had 7 weeks to work up that lame rationalization.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Jerry. You would have had the cap if you paid lamb and Dak in March. You paid them market value anyways. You saved no money waiting until September. Just stop talking. Fans are not dumb
They did not even have to do that. Wasted money on Trance and Zeke would have covered it.