Jerry on Derrick Henry: I dont know if he'd be having a career year for us

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I will agree with Jerry that Henry wouldn’t be having the season with us that he’s having in Baltimore. Our OL hasn’t been any good and our defense can’t stop anyone. We get so far behind in some games we have to throw the ball. It’s not like our OL is opening up any holes. However, Henry certainly would’ve helped us in short yardage and goal line situations. Herschel Walker was totally ineffective for us when we had a bad team in 89. Even Derrick Henry needs a little room to run. Let’s just be honest the Cowboys pretty much suck this year.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
His highest amount of rushing yards per quarter is the 3rd, with 290 so far in 7 games,

4th quarter is 230 yards
1st quarter is 151 yards
2nd quarter is 136 yards

You're telling me out of 873 yards, most of the games his yardage came in the 4th?

His attempts per quarter are:
30 in the 1st for 5.03 YPC
29 in the 2nd, for 4.69 YPC
32 in the 3rd for 9.19 ypc
39 in the 4th for 5.9 ypc.

I can't see multiple games with only 20 yards going into the 4th with the above data, but would like to see if you had the data to back that up.
Guilty! was thinking of the last couple of seasons with the Titans. It has not been that pronounced with the Ravens.. I should have said the 2nd half. He has had several relative unproductive first halves this season though.

Against the Chiefs he finished the first half with 8 carries for 32 yards. He only got 5 more carries for the game.. and they lost.
Against the Raiders he had 8 carries for 5 yards at the half. Then had 3 carries for 32 yards on the first drive of the second half and finished with 84. Which means 79 on 10 carries in the 2nd half. After averaging less than 1 yard per tote in the first half. But they still lost.
Against Cincy he had 9 carries for 31 yards at the half. He got another 90+ yards in the second half and OT. Why? Because they kept giving him the damn ball.

We know there have been games where he has gashed the defense right out the gate as well. Hence the gaudy overall numbers. But even when he gets bottled up for long stretches the Ravens never allow the threat of him getting the ball to disappear from the mind of the defense. Regardless of which back we choose to ride with.. we need to actually ride with him more than 6 or 7 carries then decide to quit running the ball if he's not getting 10 yards per carry.

BKBDAD

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan for the first time since he got angry about their questions regarding Dallas’ lack of offseason moves: “I’m surprised that last week got the attention it got.”

Before being asked, Jones brought up the Cowboys not having interest in signing RB Derrick Henry in the offseason: “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all. … Derrick Henry didn’t fit (because of) managing the (salary) cap.”

And what kind of offense is that Jerra? The 3 and out? This team does not run the ball very well so the only way to get things going is to throw the ball to open up the running game! Not rocket science but somehow McCarthy and staff can’t or won’t get it figured out!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
And what kind of offense is that Jerra? The 3 and out? This team does not run the ball very well so the only way to get things going is to throw the ball to open up the running game! Not rocket science but somehow McCarthy and staff can’t or won’t get it figured out!
It's obvious that McCarthy has done the "quiet quitting" thing. He's just coasting out the remaining string for the checks.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I think he was stupid for not going after Henry but I agree that Henry would not be doing here what he is doing in Baltimore. Not a knock on Henry but on MM, his scheme and Oline coach. Lots of money in Dak so gotta be a passing team.

JayFord

Reaction score
Yeah I doubt he’d be having the year he’s having now but he would def be at 600 yards

You can’t see a glaring hole, have money, and the man wanting to play for you waiting on your call and think nahhh

You know what they say about being the smartest man in the room

stinkface

Reaction score
I think Henry likes to run out of the I formation. Guess McCarthy can't coach that formation.

garyo1954

Reaction score

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on @1053thefan for the first time since he got angry about their questions regarding Dallas’ lack of offseason moves: “I’m surprised that last week got the attention it got.”

Before being asked, Jones brought up the Cowboys not having interest in signing RB Derrick Henry in the offseason: “I don’t know if he’d be having a career year in our situation. … We don’t run that type of offense at all. … Derrick Henry didn’t fit (because of) managing the (salary) cap.”

Booger: when you don't know what to say, baffle them with some deep BS

Praxit

Reaction score
..hes not wrong. McCarthy runs pigeon toad offense. Henry would be focal.point every game. Baltimore with Lamar adds wrinkles for Henry.