Twitter: Jerry on Garrett "I think we've got a heck of a coach."

morat1959

Reaction score
There is a very good chance Garrett is not extended if he doesn't make the playoffs.

Jerry is loyal but he isn't stupid. He knows it's a bottom line hurting move to try to sell to his fanbase that Garrett is the guy if he can't make the playoffs with a team Jerry claimed was SB caliber.
Stupid and loyal have nothing to do with it. He’s comfortable.

Asklesko

Reaction score

61xHt9cgDRL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

"Here, Jason. I got a contract for ya. Cackle cackle."

jnday

Reaction score
I am afraid that all of us that wants a coaching change are getting our hopes up for nothing. It won’t be the first time it has happened.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a game of patience and both sides will probably lose and gain in the End.

giphy.gif

And... in the End, here we all shall Remain.
Except for @stasheroo
I kick him out first because I respect him too much.

Thanks buddy! Appreciate it!

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well his heck of coach has his team at 5 and 4 jerry is a middling gm garrett is a middling coach there team has above average talent but they will never win more than a wildcard playoff game

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you’re naive to believe a W/L doesn’t matter this year. It does. If the past already determined his future, he would have been fired or extended. He’s in the final year of his contract, he’s on the hot seat, what he does this year will determine his fate.

My guess is he either needs to meet what we did last year or get a game further in the playoffs to get an extension. Outside of that, he will be gone.

I didn’t say it doesn’t matter. I said it’s not going to be the basis for the decision to extend or not.

Aven8

Reaction score
If anyone ever listens to Jerry his ordeal is about starting over in his mind. A new HC generally means a new regime. Sometime that takes time. But it also can create a spark like it did when Wade went 13-3 after Bill. It actually happens a lot.

ShortRound

Reaction score
If anyone ever listens to Jerry his ordeal is about starting over in his mind. A new HC generally means a new regime. Sometime that takes time. But it also can create a spark like it did when Wade went 13-3 after Bill. It actually happens a lot.

Can't imagine Jerry wants a whole new crew at his age. I think it will be someone currently on the staff already.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Either the talent is way overrated or JG and company need to go.

Both ideas are, apparently, well-founded ones.

The Cowboys' hype is and has always been extensive.

Jason Garrett is, unfortunately, more of a hindrance than a help. :eek:

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Sincerity and commitment are now the definitive traits of a good coach?

Hell, looks like I'm qualified for the job if and when Garrett gets the axe. Way to go, Jerry!
I would be sincerely committed to that 5 million Garrett makes a year.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
when I get the craps I don't brag about it and say, ' i think this is a good one'.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s just talk.

It’s stupid for Jerry to say this about Garrett and not have him extended. Same with Dak. If you think they are so great, you would have them under an extended contract.

The worst part is, this place still eats up Jerry speak and it’s really not all that hard to see through the BS either.
that was jerry after downing a few shots of Johnnie Walker blue label with his scrambled eggs