Twitter: Jerry on going offense at 10 “Don’t be stupid”

Big_D

Reaction score
problem is they seem to have a huge miss rate on def. last year's def. had these players and round picked:
DLaw - 2nd
Hill - 2nd
Gregory - 2nd
Sean Lee - 2nd
Jaylon - 2nd
LVE - 1st
Diggs - 2nd
Chido - 2nd

after letting go of Jones (1st) and Taco (1st)

the problem is too many gambles.

Dlaw a 2nd and a 3rd. You need to come away with 2 players. I hate trading up using anything higher than a 4th. It’s foolish.

injury concerns..
Lee
LVE
Smith.. might as well have been in a wheelchair. Probably the dumbest pick in the past 10 years considering where they took him.

off the field issues..
Gregory

Marinelli projects(what a waste of time he was)

Taco
Hill.. this pick was to overcompensate for the Ram playoff debacle. Still might show up.

Last year they showed more common sense. Just keep that going. Stop with the injuries, the off the field issues and please stop drafting Boise State!!!! lol. Give that school a rest for a little while!

DBOY3141

Reaction score
the problem is too many gambles.

Dlaw a 2nd and a 3rd. You need to come away with 2 players. I hate trading up using anything higher than a 4th. It’s foolish.

injury concerns..
Lee
LVE
Smith.. might as well have been in a wheelchair. Probably the dumbest pick in the past 10 years considering where they took him.

off the field issues..
Gregory

Marinelli projects(what a waste of time he was)

Taco
Hill.. this pick was to overcompensate for the Ram playoff debacle. Still might show up.

Last year they showed more common sense. Just keep that going. Stop with the injuries, the off the field issues and please stop drafting Boise State!!!! lol. Give that school a rest for a little while!
we shall see...seems they take one step forward...two steps back...

Big_D

Reaction score
we shall see...seems they take one step forward...two steps back...

i like what they did last year! See what they come away with in the next few days? My strategy, stay put and stay away from red flags. None of the gambles here ever pay off. Jerry pounces on those in the 2nd like he’s getting a great deal. Let’s hope we don’t see that.

quickccc

Reaction score
I can’t imagine he’ll play the entire season...but the team seems confident t enough that they’ll pass on an OT at 10.

(sigh) ...which means Brandon Knight or Terrence Steele: be ready for full time 16 game subbing for the season,.. after just the 2nd game of 2021 and another IR for Tyron again :confused:

phildadon86

Reaction score
No I hear ya. Lots of fans agree with you. I dont think anyone could realistically be upset about taking Pitts. Hell of a talent. Im just a firm believer that you dont take a TE or RB that high. Dont get up here often. And its high time we invested in our defense. Plenty of great defenders will be available at 10. We may have our pick at the #1 defensive player in this draft. That would be a gift.
Parsons? I know you don’t mean Phillips lol

Frozen700

Reaction score
Pitts is an amazing talent. Will be a great TE

But it's not like he's the Megatron, or Moss of TE's

He beats double teams, but he's not just straight up soaring up over double and triple coverage, and making guys look like babies, while still burning them consistently.

That's what Moss and Megatron brought, if he was of that talent, you sell the farm for him.

He reminds me of Gates or Waller. He will be problem, but can be stopped, and is not some offensive juggernaut like Megatron or Moss.