Twitter: Jerry on going offense at 10 “Don’t be stupid”

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Pitts is likely the only offensive player the Cowboys would select there. If it was an offensive linemen selected they would have done a pretty good job over stating how they felt about Smith and Collins.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
This team has screwed themselves on the defensive side of the ball. They put themselves in a position where you can't even justify going offense. The D is that bad.

so is the offensive line.

Thomas82

Reaction score
hes right lol

if u draft need over bpa it might work...the draft is not science but it is not a smart thing to do. roster turn over, injures, a "luxury" pick can become a need in 1 single play in the nfl.

Say it loud for the folks in the cheap seats!!

Big_D

Reaction score
so is the offensive line.

They had a line full of 1st round picks to go with their 1st round RB and never won anything. Now they're all aging or injured and it's time to repeat a process that never worked. D is the much bigger issue right now.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I completely agree with taking BPA. Horn will not be the best player available at 10 no matter what. So the idea of taking him there tells me that we wouldn't value BPA.
Taking Horn at 10 would definitely be a reach.

CWR

Reaction score
Pitts is likely the only offensive player the Cowboys would select there. If it was an offensive linemen selected they would have done a pretty good job over stating how they felt about Smith and Collins.

Slater could be nice in Connor Williams spot and he could hold it down for a few seasons before sliding him to tackle. I want defense as well but can't say I'd be upset adding a stud trench player. If we did that I would hope we'd get Sherman or someone in here. In fact I think we need him and KJ Wright on speed dial if those positions aren't solidified.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Considering the reports that Tyron and Collins are healthy, I think there’s about a 0% chance we go offense.

I think it would take someone falling from among the top five since I believe there's a gulf between that group and the next one. I also believe since there is a gulf, that there's no way anyone in that group is going to fall (and if it was a quarterback, we wouldn't take him anyway).

InTheZone

Reaction score
confirmed we trade down, lose any value, draft an offensive player with the first pick and are looking forward to the draft in september.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Gehlken misunderstood.

To follow this..this is about the 37-39 min mark of the conference. Translation please

Jerry: What’s exciting about the 10th Pick is you can do something unconventional here...and that takes...and we did it before getting great players.

Reporter: Would you rather go down than up?

Jerry: Not necessarily but I don’t want to say. (Laughter) But certainly let me say this..up is in an area that I would say a couple of things are up there usually......(then QB talk)

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whoa -- Now, it's for sure Jerry had better not do something stupid, or he'll really hear about it . . .:omg: :muttley:

DBOY3141

Reaction score
They had a line full of 1st round picks to go with their 1st round RB and never won anything. Now they're all aging or injured and it's time to repeat a process that never worked. D is the much bigger issue right now.
problem is they seem to have a huge miss rate on def. last year's def. had these players and round picked:
DLaw - 2nd
Hill - 2nd
Gregory - 2nd
Sean Lee - 2nd
Jaylon - 2nd
LVE - 1st
Diggs - 2nd
Chido - 2nd

after letting go of Jones (1st) and Taco (1st)

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Hoping this is love for the TE is a smoke screen to fill an obvoius hole we have in the secondary...problem is this is Jerry