Twitter: Jerry on going offense at 10 “Don’t be stupid”

CowboyChris

Reaction score
he never said not considering, he says he basically needs to eb smart of they go that way that means Pitts and sewiil might be a consideration IF IF IF IF they fall there.,..odds are they wont and hes not moving up because that would be stupid.

get over it..

OT even should not be taken that high we invested far too much money in the OL and draft resources in the OL sand we have capable backups needing a PB type at every spot in one group that often is stupid..

we have options at OT on the roster ie move LC to LT and Knight to right if needed we have Mcgovern and Biadasz just drafted recently and vet swing tackle plus steele. id say that enough

We need to rebuild the defense so the offense doesnt need to scpore 32 PPG tpo win por lose by 2 all 16 games..got it? better defense , less offense will be needed..
in other words, lets rebuild our D starting with a CB at 10?

Flamma

Reaction score
I forget what year it was. But Mike Ditka, coach of the Saints at the time, traded their 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and their 1st and 3rd picks the following year to move up from 12 to 5 to get Ricky Williams. Completely ignoring any draft chart. We don't need no stinking chart. The Bengals picking 3rd turned down that offer.

I don't think Jerry would do that.

blueblood70

Reaction score
in other words, lets rebuild our D starting with a CB at 10?

didn't say that has to be the pick parsons or a cb or trade down few spots get horn or down few more spots say bottom at 15 use the extra 2 and possibly a 3 we get from say NE move back into first and grab Bramore or take parsons at 15 if hes still there and trade back into first get Farley..

lots of options..

if they want a Tackle in the draft start at 4th round area i mean got dak there Gallup etc why does it have to be our #1 again i explained that..

Flamma

Reaction score
Lets face it, the Cowboys D is going to suck this year too. Maybe not as bad as last year, but suck it will. The Cowboys soft under belly isn't getting any better by drafting a CB in the first round. Will the rest of our picks strengthen the middle enough in just one draft? I doubt it. We're at least a few years away.

CWR

Reaction score
so if Justin Fields or Lance falls to 10, we should take him?

Can we use them? Can we use Pitts? Horrible comparison that keeps getting thrown around here. It's not even close to the same thing. There is need, BPA, and just flat stupid. Daks contract and no trade clause makes the idea stupid. We are nothing at all like that at TE.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can we use them? Can we use Pitts? Horrible comparison that keeps getting thrown around here. It's not even close to the same thing. There is need, BPA, and just flat stupid. Daks contract and no trade clause makes the idea stupid. We are nothing at all like that at TE.
nope its the same and no we cant use him without moving gallup and or one of our TEs only so many snaps and balls to go around..its far too much on one side of the ball..

Bigdog

Reaction score
Only good thing about Pitts falling to us is that someone might want to trade up. Taking a WR 3 years in a row with your 1st round pick would be the dumbest thing Jerry has ever done. Other than maybe resigning Zeke.
I respectively disagree with you on this. If Pitts falls to us ( he won't ) than you have to take him and the rest of the draft we can defense. Just my opinion.

CWR

Reaction score
nope its the same and no we cant use him without moving gallup and or one of our TEs only so many snaps and balls to go around..its far too much on one side of the ball..

Really it's the same? When did Jarwin get 160 million? I guess we are all set at TE for the next 5 years. Right, it's exactly the same.

BTW Gallup is gone after this year. Our franchise will continue to exist after the 2021 season.

cheyennes

Reaction score
if 5 qb gone one or two be there , wrs Chase, Pitt, Waddle or Devonta Smith or
Sewwel or Slater, it´s possible

DFWJC

Reaction score

Edit more context

I think maybe you misrepresented what he said

he said
  1. Dont be stupid and draft needs only....no matter what
  2. Dont be infatuated so much with a player that you trade up and sell everything for him
Translation
If Pitts is there at 10 ( he wont be) hes not going needs ahead of of possible HOFer
But hes not giving up his 1st and 2nd to move upand take him

blueblood70

Reaction score
Really it's the same? When did Jarwin get 160 million? I guess we are all set at TE for the next 5 years. Right, it's exactly the same.

BTW Gallup is gone after this year. Our franchise will continue to exist after the 2021 season.
umm i said its the same because iut causes the same choice on choosing player postion we already have ie pass catchers a many..far too many and gallup is not guaranteed to be gone unless we do draft a Pitts..i mean AC might be smarter cut/trade in 2022..rather stay younger and Gallup will be cheaper

get over the fanboy pitts club president because like grabbing a qb its not a target we can use unless changes are made.

Newsflash Pitts is not true TE ,

hes a hybrid ..he cut in the mold of Megatron just because he plays TE doesnt mean that his position once hes here..he will line up much more split out then in and if his blocking is suspect he will be a wr 70% of the time..

please ATL take PITTS off the board, so this place will shut uP!

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So then I wonder how much Jerry is giving up to get Pitts because this is classic Jerry

p.s. Not against getting Pitts but only if he is there at 10 (and yes, at 10 we would be dumb if we didn't)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I respectively disagree with you on this. If Pitts falls to us ( he won't ) than you have to take him and the rest of the draft we can defense. Just my opinion.

No I hear ya. Lots of fans agree with you. I dont think anyone could realistically be upset about taking Pitts. Hell of a talent. Im just a firm believer that you dont take a TE or RB that high. Dont get up here often. And its high time we invested in our defense. Plenty of great defenders will be available at 10. We may have our pick at the #1 defensive player in this draft. That would be a gift.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
No I hear ya. Lots of fans agree with you. I dont think anyone could realistically be upset about taking Pitts. Hell of a talent. Im just a firm believer that you dont take a TE or RB that high. Dont get up here often. And its high time we invested in our defense. Plenty of great defenders will be available at 10. We may have our pick at the #1 defensive player in this draft. That would be a gift.
has the little birdie chimed in today about taking Phillips? the same guy who understands the modern game, who claims DE's don't take shots to the head?

CWR

Reaction score
umm i said its the same because iut causes the same choice on choosing player postion we already have ie pass catchers a many..far too many and gallup is not guaranteed to be gone unless we do draft a Pitts..i mean AC might be smarter cut/trade in 2022..rather stay younger and Gallup will be cheaper

get over the fanboy pitts club president because like grabbing a qb its not a target we can use unless changes are made.

Newsflash Pitts is not true TE ,

hes a hybrid ..he cut in the mold of Megatron just because he plays TE doesnt mean that his position once hes here..he will line up much more split out then in and if his blocking is suspect he will be a wr 70% of the time..

please ATL take PITTS off the board, so this place will shut uP!

Except guaranteed money matters and we have nothing at TE after this year as well as Gallup will be gone. The cost on his 2022 contract will be ridiculous.

Pitts is not who I want to draft so I'm not sure I'd qualify as president. In fact hes probably 4th or so on my list. I'm just not stupid enough to compare drafting him to drafting a qb.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I hear you also. I just like Pitts more than I like Surtain if they both fell to us.

Big_D

Reaction score
This team has screwed themselves on the defensive side of the ball. They put themselves in a position where you can't even justify going offense. The D is that bad.