Twitter: Jerry on his negotiation theory

Cmac

Reaction score
Either dementia has fully set in or he has already bottomed out his morning bottle of JWB.

You decide.
Smooth with a cube of ice.....but it's a problem if you sampling in the morning. Poor JJ.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
So did i.. it made perfect sense. He will not mortgage the team for one player. Perhaps a bit more prosaic than necessary, but real. Signing dak will be just as problematic this off season as last season. The fo is aware of this now. And prepared to be more resolute in dealing with it.

Agree. Not hard to glean his point— but JJ’s home-spun “folksy” wisdom is a tired schtick lol. This FO does waaaay too much negotiating/talking/posturing through the media as it is, without adding JJ’s incoherent ramblings into the mix IMO.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Where, oh where, did i put my Cracker Jacks de-coder ring?

Actually, his comments (or, more precisely my interpretation of his comments) makes convoluted sense. When Jerry doles out wisdom like this, I feel like I am sitting at the feet of master Yoda... ha!

Gaede

Reaction score
Technically, I understand where he's coming from. But he's rushed to give big paydays to worse players, with less production. Why not the face of your franchise?

Also makes me wonder. Will they never sign a franchise QB to a long term contract?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Our brilliant Idiot in Chief presents another analogy into his negotiating tactics.

This is what I love about Jethro is he always reveals why this franchise has struggled under his watch.

And why it’s difficult to have much hope things will get better.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Basically Jethro is saying Dak isn’t elite enough to carry this team without an elite supporting cast.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is why we signed Cooper and Elliott because during the 2017 and 2018 seasons Dak struggled without those elites pieces.

So, our Idiot owners who can only follow public opinion with no football sense of their own have bought into this notion whether it’s true or not.

But since we don’t have real football people running the Cowboys we can’t be sure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agree. Not hard to glean his point— but JJ’s home-spun “folksy” wisdom is a tired schtick lol. This FO does waaaay too much negotiating/talking/posturing through the media as it is, without adding JJ’s incoherent ramblings into the mix IMO.
It’s all about playing to public perception.

It worked last year as many fans felt the Cowboys offer was fair and Dak should have signed.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Go back to being the Demarcus aware & Demarco Murray negotiator and stop being the Zeke Elliot & Jaylon Smith negotiator.
In all honesty what I got from that entire thing is letting Zeke go and Paying Dak. To be honest. Ankle injury Dak. Depreciation in Talent. Zeke.

Also. I wish he just wouldnt talk at all. lol

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Genuine question for the board...
Is there anyone left here that has any confidence with Jerry as the GM, and looking to the future, with Stephen has the future GM?
I’m trying to think of another so called elite sports franchise anywhere in the world, that’s in a constant maelstrom like the Cowboys seem to be stuck in.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
So did i.. it made perfect sense. He will not mortgage the team for one player. Perhaps a bit more prosaic than necessary, but real. Signing dak will be just as problematic this off season as last season. The fo is aware of this now. And prepared to be more resolute in dealing with it.

I guess he should have thought about that before signing Zeke.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Genuine question for the board...
Is there anyone left here that has any confidence with Jerry as the GM, and looking to the future, with Stephen has the future GM?
I’m trying to think of another so called elite sports franchise anywhere in the world, that’s in a constant maelstrom like the Cowboys seem to be stuck in.
How many sports franchises are run by the family, with the only experience they have is reporting to Daddy? Is the son any better at cap management after all these years?

Mark Davis learned from watching his father but at one time Crazy Al was as good as anyone in building a team and could build whatever was needed, power or pizazz.

The answer is no but I accepted that a long time ago because a great myth is that people get better at doing by doing it for a longer time. When Booger goes toes up, the team will not be any better off and could be worse with the heir out to prove he is not the father.