Twitter: Jerry on his negotiation theory

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
The last line should be, "Make no mistake about it, Dak's our guy."

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

That's nothing but ridiculous talk on Jerry's part. Conserving electricity has nothing to do with negotiating.

Jerry & Son have no concept of negotiating skills. They just BS themselves into a corner at every turn.

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Such a bizarre duo we have at GM.

His son talked about Zeke and his high starting point for a deal.
Jerry talks hardball about his QB.

Yet one plays a disposable position and the other is one of the most elusive spots to find a player.

Just crazy to me they can hand out bad deals like candy, but when it comes to possibly overpaying their qb by a few million they talk about the pie and limited slices.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If Jerry is smart hed either get a discount or move on. Dak isnt good enough to play hardball. All the resources tied up into the offense, alot of qbs can put up numbers here with the oline retuning

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Such a bizarre duo we have at GM.

His son talked about Zeke and his high starting point for a deal.
Jerry talks hardball about his QB.

Yet one plays a disposable position and the other is one of the most elusive spots to find a player.

Just crazy to me they can hand out bad deals like candy, but when it comes to possibly overpaying their qb by a few million they talk about the pie and limited slices.

I wonder if they play good cop bad cop during their negotiation meetings? lol

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All someone needs to do to understand why this team has so many problems is listen to Jerry speak. :huh:

Yet, this mom & pop outfit keeps rolling along as if everything's ok. If they only knew how to run a team! o_O

Last edited:

NeathBlue

Reaction score
How many sports franchises are run by the family, with the only experience they have is reporting to Daddy? Is the son any better at cap management after all these years?

Mark Davis learned from watching his father but at one time Crazy Al was as good as anyone in building a team and could build whatever was needed, power or pizazz.

The answer is no but I accepted that a long time ago because a great myth is that people get better at doing by doing it for a longer time. When Booger goes toes up, the team will not be any better off and could be worse with the heir out to prove he is not the father.

I actually think it’ll get worse when Stephen takes over, he’s as dull as dishwater and there’s a worry he’ll rub off on the franchise.
And people hoping someone buys the Cowboys from the Jones family can forget it... if they’re worth $5 billion today, then they’re probably already outside the market of almost any buyer bar a couple.
And people who could afford them, the likes of Musk or Bezos, I doubt would be interested because new money people are more interested in technology etc, rather than sports franchises.

remdak

Reaction score
Jerry talks all this nonsense, but then will end up paying Dak $45MM/yr. The Joneses are not as good at negotiations as they like to think they are.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Lights = Money.
Lights off = Not foolishly burning money.
Ankle injury = Concern about Dak
Depreciating talent = Overall team talent.

He's not wrong.

It's not about being right or wrong. That argument is not worth discussing because every human being in this world wants to believe they are right.

This issue is his impulse control. Reminds of a certain orange tinged person who has a tendency to open his pie hole when it should stay shut.

Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.

Plato

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Looks like it's going to be a long off season of people hanging on every word of what is essentially negotiation posturing.

Then taking it at face value.

Gaede

Reaction score
Looks like it's going to be a long off season of people hanging on every word of what is essentially negotiation posturing.

Then taking it at face value.

All offseasons are long for us Cowboys fans. Literally and figuratively.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's not about being right or wrong. That argument is not worth discussing because every human being in this world wants to believe they are right.

This issue is his impulse control. Reminds of a certain orange tinged person who has a tendency to open his pie hole when it should stay shut.

Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.

Plato

Orange-tinged? Who, Confucious?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
"When you walk out of a room, you outta turn the light off if there’s nobody in it. ... You may not think you need that light in that room. When you can’t afford it, you will need it.""When you walk out of a room, you outta turn the light off if there’s nobody in it. ... You may not think you need that light in that room. When you can’t afford it, you will need it.".......Jerry speak lol, makes no sense without a code book!

Asklesko

Reaction score
So Dak is a rat who needs to be kept in in the hole by keeping the light on. I think?

cern

Reaction score
Genuine question for the board...
Is there anyone left here that has any confidence with Jerry as the GM, and looking to the future, with Stephen has the future GM?
I’m trying to think of another so called elite sports franchise anywhere in the world, that’s in a constant maelstrom like the Cowboys seem to be stuck in.
Jerry.........NO.
stephen......YES.