Twitter: Jerry on Jimmy in ROH “Aren’t we proud of him in the Hall of Fame.”

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very dismissive reply. I think Jerry isn't done playing the buffoon. Some habits die hard.

Its gotta piss Jerry off that Jimmy will go into the HOF with a cowboy logo .......and there isn't a thing he can do about it. As hard as Jerry has tried to inform us all of his central role in the super bowl teams, the HOF just basically recognized the true architect. Pure Vindication for Jimmy and pure vindictiveness from Jerry.

Last edited:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just another thing to add to the list of embarrassments under this clown’s ownership.

and yes, I did enjoy those 3 Super Bowls...that Jimmy was instrumental in delivering.

3f2.jpeg

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Can I just offer a counter point to all of this? Yes, I realize we all hate Jerry and we're supposed to be super biased against him. That being said, Skip Bayless has covered their breakup many times and he's said that Jimmy really left Jerry little choice. He was openly defying him and insulting him in front of others by the end of it...even when it wasn't necessary. Keep in mind that Skip used to cover the Boys fully as a reporter, so there is no reason to think he's taking sides here. Besides, Skip has hardly been a fan of Jerry over the years since he became an ESPN personality. So if you're Jerry, what do you do if an employee you gave a chance (a chance no one else would up to that point) was treating you badly?

I do realize this overall topic is related to Jimmy going into the ROH, not his firing. I just think that we don't really know what has occurred with them since then and if the relationship is still icy and Jimmy won't admit his part in the breakup, then I can see why this situation is the way it is. Whether Jimmy or the fans like it or not, Jerry deserves his due credit for those SB titles. He had the guts to fire an icon who was done at that point and the guts to go get a college guy that was untested. Flame on I guess.
you should read this
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-dal las-cowboys-orlando-1215-20191215-cvp5pjvdjrb3hmhlmu6a7qivpm-story.html
it details the breakup.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I am all for jimmy being in roh, but I dont get why jimmy had to get in to hof for it to be a big deal now.
he should have been in by 2010.
Jerry is still holding a grudge, and evidently it is still a big one.
I doubt he will ever put jimmy in roh.

willia451

Reaction score
I would like to see Harvey Martin and Robert Newhouse get into the ROH.

I'm not a big fan of Owners, GMs, FO people, and coaches getting into the ROH or HOF anyway. Those kinds of honors should be reserved for players only imo.

I mean. I guess I get Tom Landry being put in the ROH. He was the HC for so damn long and had so much success. From the very beginning. Hard not to give him a nod. But he already has a statue outside the stadium. What more do you need? Just saying.

So Jimmy in the ROH? Now that we have Tom, Gil, and Tex in there, the argument to exclude Jimmy is pretty weak.

But we're lost something by starting to walk down that path. At least I think we have.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I dont really care if Jimmy is in the ring or not but it certainly would be the right thing to do . That said if anyone ever had any doubts about Jerrys ego running the team this completely dispels it . Heck Garrett will probably make the ring before Jimmy .

Jerry relentless determination to not recognize Jimmys achievements and stick with his hand picked guy in Garrett who was just not talented enough and wasted Tonys career along with blowing through and not achieving anything during Daks rookie contract just shows why we have been in a holding pattern for 20+ yrs Jerrys quest to look like a football genius has crippled this once proud franchise .

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Wait? Are you guys implying that Jerry Jones doesn't want to give Jimmy Johnson credit for his work with the Dallas Cowboys?

giphy.gif

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Jimmy being in the HoF and not the RoH only makes Jerry look more silly. If i was Jimmy i wouldn't even care about the RoH now. Everyone knows if there was a normal owner in place this wouldn't be happening.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I could see Jerry putting Jimmy in a ring that is below the main ring.

I could also see Jerry handing things over to the family a little early just so they can put Jerry in the ring of honor ahead of Jimmy.

Alweezy

Reaction score
Can I just offer a counter point to all of this? Yes, I realize we all hate Jerry and we're supposed to be super biased against him. That being said, Skip Bayless has covered their breakup many times and he's said that Jimmy really left Jerry little choice. He was openly defying him and insulting him in front of others by the end of it...even when it wasn't necessary. Keep in mind that Skip used to cover the Boys fully as a reporter, so there is no reason to think he's taking sides here. Besides, Skip has hardly been a fan of Jerry over the years since he became an ESPN personality. So if you're Jerry, what do you do if an employee you gave a chance (a chance no one else would up to that point) was treating you badly?

I do realize this overall topic is related to Jimmy going into the ROH, not his firing. I just think that we don't really know what has occurred with them since then and if the relationship is still icy and Jimmy won't admit his part in the breakup, then I can see why this situation is the way it is. Whether Jimmy or the fans like it or not, Jerry deserves his due credit for those SB titles. He had the guts to fire an icon who was done at that point and the guts to go get a college guy that was untested. Flame on I guess.

It's not the Jerry Jones Ring of Honor. It's the Cowboys Ring of Honor. Whether he likes him or not, he is doing the fanbase a disservice by not putting the organization and franchise legacy over his own personal feelings. After 25 years it's time to let this go.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry stated regrets about Jimmy and his handling of Landry's departure.
Kinda weird that he still hangs on to something that prevents Jimmy's ROH induction. Same thing for Schramm's lengthy absence. Maybe Johnson won't accept it?

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score

your first mistake is taking anything written by Skip at face value...

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just another thing to add to the list of embarrassments under this clown’s ownership.

and yes, I did enjoy those 3 Super Bowls...that Jimmy was instrumental in delivering.
wells aid. Being professional doesn't mean you have to love or be friends with the owner or coach. Its just a matter of doing the professional just thing, regardless how they may feel about each other. DO WHATS CORRECT JERRY.

Valkyr

Reaction score
Jimmie Johnson the race car driver will get in first.