Jerry on OC: No decision imminent

cowboyec

Reaction score
Wait.

So we hired a new QB coach for a position that technically wasn't even open? So what happens if Jerry hires an outside OC? Where is Moore going?

I am a cynical fellow when it comes to Jerry. Is this "search" really just a dog and pony show for him where in the end they just wanted to promote Moore the entire time anyway but they want to pretend to their fans they really tried to get a great OC?
:thumbup:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Wait.

So we hired a new QB coach for a position that technically wasn't even open? So what happens if Jerry hires an outside OC? Where is Moore going?

I am a cynical fellow when it comes to Jerry. Is this "search" really just a dog and pony show for him where in the end they just wanted to promote Moore the entire time anyway but they want to pretend to their fans they really tried to get a great OC?

So Moore is either demoted or promoted?

LOL. Only this team.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course it's not going to happen fast. The list of possible OCs, given the current criteria for picking offensive coaches in Dallas, is huge and will take time to sort through. Assuming Kitna's off the table, here's the complete list of candidates:

Kellen Moore
Brandon Weeden
Matt Cassel
Kyle Orton
Stephen McGee
Brad Johnson
Drew Henson
Chad Hutchinson
Clint Stoerner
Ryan Leaf
Anthony Wright
Randall Cunningham
Wade Wilson
Rodney Peete
Bernie Kosar
Steve Beuerlein
Babe Laufenberg
Kevin Sweeney
Steve Pelleur
Reggie Collier
Gary Hogeboom
Glenn Carano
Clint Longley
Jerry Rhome
John Roach

superonyx

Reaction score
Wait.

You nailed it.
So Kellen Moore is either fired or promoted.
Its pretty clear which one it is.

He better gel those bangs up, take a little steroids and starting running around like McVey before the jones boys figure him out.

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Wait.

I guess Moore was not good enough to be QB coach since they are upgrading the position but he's good enough to be OC. :huh:

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Everyone has been down on Kellen Moore since he was hired as QB coach and everyone laughed when someone mentioned him as OC. Now, people are starting to warm up to the terrible idea. People are funny........

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

So is it official? I must have missed the signing if it is.

Jerry loves to play mind games.....so if Kitna is a done deal we know Moore isn't going anywhere,so what other position is available other than OC? Come on Jerry, fess up and stop with the COVFEFE crap.....You don't have that many years left, you might as well give honesty a try.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Everyone has been down on Kellen Moore since he was hired as QB coach and everyone laughed when someone mentioned him as OC. Now, people are starting to warm up to the terrible idea. People are funny........

He would not be my 1st choice, however if in the end he ends up with the job then all I can do as a fan is support him and hope he gets it done. If Dallas goes out and hires a vet OC all I can do as a fan is support him and hope he gets it done. I will give him or anyone else a fair chance before ridiculing them

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait.

In this case, appearances are not deceiving.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Doesn't the team have to fulfill the Rooney rule and interview a black coach anyway?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They think it's a required obligation of fanhood.

It isn't.