Twitter: Jerry on Randy Gregory: I'm positive

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Just curious. Where does Gregory fit? They are keeping that scrub Crawford. Maybe he just plays tackle. Smith seems to be balling out. Anae has been a camp stand out. Armstrong is still in the team. Hotboyz is a starter under any scenario. Griffin is probably the other starter. Gregory would have to bump someone. Armstrong likely. Gregory is clearly better but talk about unfair.

I used to be a Gregory supporter. Now I just want them to move on from him. I truly thought when EG joined it was the end of the Gregory saga.
They will rotate him in with no problem.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Just curious. Where does Gregory fit? They are keeping that scrub Crawford. Maybe he just plays tackle. Smith seems to be balling out. Anae has been a camp stand out. Armstrong is still in the team. Hotboyz is a starter under any scenario. Griffin is probably the other starter. Gregory would have to bump someone. Armstrong likely. Gregory is clearly better but talk about unfair.

I used to be a Gregory supporter. Now I just want them to move on from him. I truly thought when EG joined it was the end of the Gregory saga.

So you want to keep CJ Goodwin as a ST-only player over a guy with the physical talent of a Top Ten draft pick?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Adding Gregory and maybe Earl to this defense could make them a top 10 unit

Whyjerry

Reaction score
They will rotate him in with no problem.

So there are typically 60-70 plays in a game. Quality starters get 70-80 pct of those snaps. Sometimes more. Lawrence, Griffen and Smith are all ahead on the depth chart. I think that leaves 20ish snaps. Anae needs a shot. They will probably show more 3 man fronts. I don’t see it. Unless of course you want Gregory for 10-15 snaps a game. A waste.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So there are typically 60-70 plays in a game. Quality starters get 70-80 pct of those snaps. Sometimes more. Lawrence, Griffen and Smith are all ahead on the depth chart. I think that leaves 20ish snaps. Anae needs a shot. They will probably show more 3 man fronts. I don’t see it. Unless of course you want Gregory for 10-15 snaps a game. A waste.
Wait and then you'll see what I'm talking about. It will get done.

CoachD

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Gregory but do you really think he's totally committed to playing football? I think he's running out of money and will most likely go through the motions until he gets a check then it will be yet another bye bye Randy.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
So you want to keep CJ Goodwin as a ST-only player over a guy with the physical talent of a Top Ten draft pick?

Did I say Goodwin? Where did I say that name? Please tell the world where...

You are a smart azz so I will break it down again. The signing of Griffen and the play of Smith and Anae makes it hard for Gregory to get on the field. Is that right or wrong?

freemanjc19

Reaction score
How does that have anything to do with Randy Gregory?

It has nothing to do with Gregory, but the comments on this board on players, coaches and performace are off the charts crazyness. I think at the end of the day we have to realize this is entertainment sports. If the cowboys go 0-16, 16-0 are somehwere in between, which is most lilkely. We shouldn't take it so seriously. Just a thought.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Wait and then you'll see what I'm talking about. It will get done.

If he can get into shape Gregory can play. No doubt about it. Personally I think he is the second most talented DE after Smith. That said Griffen just makes the numbers hard.

cern

Reaction score
Jerry was lied to by Goodell about Zeke not getting suspended. If you want to be pissy at someone on that issue it should be at the commish.
I never get pissy. I leave that to emos. And i always wait until the fat lady sings before thinking an issue is closed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's also depth. With the short conditioning time they've had, you can't dismiss the need to have quality backups

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If he can get into shape Gregory can play. No doubt about it. Personally I think he is the second most talented DE after Smith. That said Griffen just makes the numbers hard.
Noted. I think if he ever gets green-lighted he goes in the next game and does well.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Did I say Goodwin? Where did I say that name? Please tell the world where...

You are a smart azz so I will break it down again. The signing of Griffen and the play of Smith and Anae makes it hard for Gregory to get on the field. Is that right or wrong?

Being able to count to 53 makes me a smart azz? To a portion of this board, it obviously does.

You said he doesn't fit and I gave you the obvious answer.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Being able to count to 53 makes me a smart azz? To a portion of this board, it obviously does.

You said he doesn't fit and I gave you the obvious answer.

No you said Goodwin. You were going to point out where I mentioned Goodwin. Still waiting...

Kaiser

Reaction score
No you said Goodwin. You were going to point out where I mentioned Goodwin. Still waiting...

I never said you listed Goodwin. Because the answer as obvious as the Sun at Noon clearly escaped you.

You're welcome.