Twitter: Jerry on Randy Gregory: I'm positive

Whyjerry

Reaction score
There's also depth. With the short conditioning time they've had, you can't dismiss the need to have quality backups

So DEs...
Lawrence, Griffen, Smith, Armstrong, Anae, and Gregory? They going to keep 5 or 6 DEs when there is talk of more 3 man fronts?

Listen there are turd stacks here that are trying to say I don’t want Gregory. I think the guy is a talent. My point was the signing of EG, the return of Smith and the emergence of Anae makes DE really crowded.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Did I say Goodwin? Where did I say that name? Please tell the world where...

You are a smart azz so I will break it down again. The signing of Griffen and the play of Smith and Anae makes it hard for Gregory to get on the field. Is that right or wrong?

You didn’t. Kaiser is just legitimately dumb.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I never said you listed Goodwin. Because the answer as obvious as the Sun at Noon clearly escaped you.

You're welcome.

You mentioned Goodwin. Where did I even suggest that type of player? It’s a typical strawman argument from a guy that just likes to argue.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So DEs...
Lawrence, Griffen, Smith, Armstrong, Anae, and Gregory? They going to keep 5 or 6 DEs when there is talk of more 3 man fronts?

Listen there are turd stacks here that are trying to say I don’t want Gregory. I think the guy is a talent. My point was the signing of EG, the return of Smith and the emergence of Anae makes DE really crowded.
It does, as long as everyone stays healthy and plays well. I'd hate to get rid of someone, then have an injury, followed by someone turning out to be a training camp hero.

quickccc

Reaction score

Thanks for Sharing...:thumbup:

that was more ticker update on Randy that i could ever find anywhere else,..and until now it was
really disturbing that there's been nothing from the Goodell NFL office or NFLPA union themselves...

817Gill

Reaction score
There isn't any Cowboys that are football ready. No tackling until the first game, Randy should be ready as soon as he is green-lighted. It's won't be hard for Randy because they are just going to tell him "seek'em" and he will go get the QB.
They’ve honestly already probably given him the playbook and he should be knowing what to expect. Also, with his natural frame and ability he’s perfect for that stand-up designated pass rush role

Plankton

Reaction score
Jerry Jones on Randy Gregory: I'm positive.

So is Randy Gregory. And, that has been the problem for the entirety of his Cowboy career.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Suppose he gets reinstated by next week. How long before he's in football condition?

At some point this year he will be ready to go. We don't need him now anyways so no big deal.

I think 4-6 weeks he will be back to where he was.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
10821-C19-28-BA-4-DCA-9154-1-CC796443-EA8.png
I can't wait for his AOL Free Trial goes out...........

That’s some Nick Cannon-level corniness. Love to meet your family.

10821-C19-28-BA-4-DCA-9154-1-CC796443-EA8.png

quickccc

Reaction score
Suppose he gets reinstated by next week. How long before he's in football condition?

Probably won't see any action first couple of games, trainers will work with him on the side, to getting him up to satisfactory game conditioning
until its finally deliver to be approved by coaches.
and then it will be up to the coaches to try to plan and squeeze him into rotation mix though he'll have to battle out with rookie DE Bradlee Anae
for the 4th rotation guy.

Expect someone like Dorace Armstrong to be waived to make room for Gregory.

Some here will keep saying we don't need him out of personal vendetta against Randy, but you never know when an unfortunate
injury to a front runner (or two?) could happen.
And having someone with randy's skill set definitely helps, whether they want him or not.

lopey

Reaction score
The guys who are still crucifying Gregory for smoking weed kill me. Yes he f'ed up a few times, but give the guy a chance now, weed is ok now. He can smoke as much as he wants lol. Guy is talented and we sure can use him IMO

fivetwos

Reaction score
So there we have what exactly? Did I miss something? I see nothing said about RG not doing anything, do you?
Not saying I disagree with your guess, but just pointing out that it is in fact just a guess.

Everything in an opinion forum is a guess, no?

I'm usually mindful to not write my posts so matter of factly, but the time I slip up, two of you are there to point it out. I'll be sure and correct my semantics error below if you're interested.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Im trying to figure out how exactly you deduced that "the guy was required to do things that he must not have done" from that jerry jones tweet...
I'll explain my reasoning, and sorry to have left out a word like "probably," or "likely," which may have satisfied your need for semantic perfection.

Roger Goodell, who took his well deserved share of a public beating for the way he handled player discipline over the years, is just starting to shake that image.

Jerry Jones, who is quite dialed in with the league, is very aware of what went on and did not go on in this case, and has shared it with Stephen (is it ok if I assume that or no?)

Stephen has publicly said that Gregory has been "good but not perfect (or something close to that)" in his attempt to meet reinstatement protocols.

The Jerry quote in the tweet tells me that the team is trying to help him.

Randy Gregory is barely a player in this league and Roger Goodell doesnt care a bit if he plays or not, but he needs to follow the rules to get back in.

Anything other than Gregory having either screwed up the paperwork (yeah, sure), or having failed some required tests.....as opposed to Goodell concocting some sort of scheme, with very little to gain and a TON to lose in specifically keeping Gregory out of the league for an agenda I cant figure out.....is an absurd take.

So if you like, feel free to believe that after agreeing to more lenient rules as far as marijuana use with little to no fight, that Goodell has it out for Gregory and is simply stalling and doing zero.

I'm going to choose to believe that Gregory had some dirty piss along the way and it's on him.