Jerry on the coaching staff **merged**

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Well what do you expect him to say? The season isn't over as much as some fans think that it is, and I can guarantee the players don't think it's over. You don't throw your coaching staff under the bus with a 5-5 record and 6 games till to play unless you really want to lose the team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He praised Wade Phillips a week before firing him...

Yep..

Jerry is aware of how bad these guys are.

He just likes them and he feels comfortable with these coaches so he'll defend them until it's painfully obvious we need change.

So the worst thing that can happen is for us to barely miss the playoffs and give Jerry any reason to keep JAson.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Well what do you expect him to say? The season isn't over as much as some fans think that it is, and I can guarantee the players don't think it's over. You don't throw your coaching staff under the bus with a 5-5 record and 6 games till to play unless you really want to lose the team.

Team is lost already. That effort (or lack thereof) vs Philly was pathetic. The 2nd half of most games shows you how together this team is. They're a train wreck.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So Jerry you are content with a playoff run every other year and one and done in most of them. We did get screwed as usual by the refs with the Dez catch BS. But still other things happened that could have changed that game too. Like ball protection by Murray. A defense that should have stopped a hobbled Rodgers.

but go ahead be proud of your average 8-8 coaching staff.

superonyx

Reaction score
I get why he said this.
What I would prefer him say is more along the lines that every player, every position, and every coach, trainer, ect are always under evaluation and always will be.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Yep..

Jerry is aware of how bad these guys are.

He just likes them and he feels comfortable with these coaches so he'll defend them until it's painfully obvious we need change.

So the worst thing that can happen is for us to barely miss the playoffs and give Jerry any reason to keep JAson.

Unfortunately, this is by far the most likely outcome. We'll be playing in Philly for a chance for the 6 seed, and they will clean us again, even if the backups are playing the second half. I say second half because I can't see the Philly staff playing the rest card for a full game with a bye the following week. That's mainly a Red thing.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Well they could finish 11-5. You never know. Stranger things have happened.

It's a week to week league, with key starters on every team going down each week.

Western

Reaction score
Get it done:
Dan Mullen or Urban Meyer.
(You know, get the college coach who coached the offensive superstar player in college, & that player is now in his 2nd year on your roster -- like when Jerry hired Michael Irvin's college coach, Jimmy in 89').
Déjà vu.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

200.gif

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Where is the headline about Jerry making another inappropriate and offensive statement worthy of outrage?

MikeT22

Reaction score
That's much more about him defending his decision-making than what the coaches are actually (not) doing.

Firing Garrett is admitting that he was yet again (and almost always) wrong.

Plus at his age I'm sure he's not willing or wanting to go through a search for another puppet who he's comfortable with when he's got his perfect one in place now.