Twitter: Jerry on the defense this season: "I'd like to start over with our approach"

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry speak is difficult to interpret, but he said, "you got a lot of do-overs." Which is loosely interpreted as mistakes made in signing players. Given that he thinks he has the right coaches.
I would like to think he regrets having Nolan, but I think he has bought into the good old boy approach.
He did make a statement a while back that he has signed the right players, so why hasn't the coaching staff produced results?
But, who really knows?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like a 25 year do over Big Enos...
giphy.gif

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I frankly don't care what the management of this organization does anymore. The past twenty five years of futility has been a humiliation to the winning past of Cowboys tradition. Think about that amount of time. A generation has passed where kids have been conceived, born, and graduated with masters degrees from colleges and are now out in the workforce earning their own income since the last time the Cowboys sniffed a Super Bowl championship. As far as I'm concerned Jerry just lucked into Jimmy. Everything has been downhill ever since then.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guess this correlates with what Jerry's talking about

For one thing, they gambled on 3-4 scheme players who were injured or cut.
Also, the good old boy syndrome lit up their egos - Nolan hasn't excelled at much of anything.
Just another Marinelli type who can't fit a scheme to the players or vice versa.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I think there is about a 10% chance of Nolan staying next year and about 50% McCarthy. If McCarthy stays then what happens with the DEF? Does he still want to draft the best player available to fit a hybrid scheme that is less predictable than past Cowboys DEFs, what about all the scouting that will have taken place to find this type of player? For whatever reason whether it be coaching or players regressing it has not worked, but does that change the outlook going forward? From what they said at McCarthy's initial press conference it would be a case of drafting the best player on the board (TJ Watt) or has that now gone out of the window. Has McCarthy the power to choose his DEF coordinator if they make a switch?

I don't think McCarthy is safe from Jerry's interview

If McCarthy isn't back it was likely because he disagreed with Jones and wanted to keep Nolan. Otherwise McCarthy will be back. If Nolan is back the Jones was sold some serious BS.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny, the Rams sure didn't have any problems implementing a new D with a rookie coordinator. There isn't a single other team with a new scheme that looks remotely as bad as we do.

We're being played, folks.
Yup, everyone has been dealt the same hand. Even our own division, bad as it is, has progressed. We have regressed.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Im sick of this IDIOT.. all there is left to to is HONESTLY.. wait for him to retire or die.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If McCarthy isn't back it was likely because he disagreed with Jones and wanted to keep Nolan. Otherwise McCarthy will be back. If Nolan is back the Jones was sold some serious BS.
Jerrah likes drama.

Like when he didn't extend Garrett after 2019.

The other shoe will drop soon.