Twitter: Jerry on the draft: "we didn't cut our throat when we didn't get a corner"

Proof

Reaction score
So about that tanking last year? Had we "tanked" like many here wanted...we probably end up with the 4th-6th pick in the draft.....and there's no way in hell they are trading down from that and they aren't taking Parsons.....this is why you should let the draft play out. Sometimes things fall into your lap.

or we could've gotten a first next year and parsons. or better

Proof

Reaction score
People are touting he's the best defensive player NOW but during the draft process I didn't see many people say that. There were just as many people saying Horn or Surtain were the best as well.

only thing i ever heard about surtain was that he might be the safest defensive player. not the best. only person i ever heard that about was parsons

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't know why he's trying to judge him based on what he is NOW or even what he was week 1. He did not have a bad week 1. The whole Gronk TD has been getting overblown. It happens. First game as a rookie. His problems in coverage is overblown and premature.

We shouldn’t be talking about Parsons covering.

I could care less if he becomes the best coverage linebacker of all time now. He’s a pass rusher and that’s more valuable than anything he could do as a MLB.

We have a Von Miller type of talent and we’re going to have him
Covering people 15 yards downfield? That’s a huge W for the offense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We shouldn’t be talking about Parsons covering.

I could care less if he becomes the best coverage linebacker of all time now. He’s a pass rusher and that’s more valuable than anything he could do as a MLB.

We have a Von Miller type of talent and we’re going to have him
Covering people 15 yards downfield? That’s a huge W for the offense.
What do you do when Dlaw and Gregory are back though? Thats my concern

phildadon86

Reaction score
When it comes to getting to the QB, he's better than both of them. And it's not close
I agree. Problem is. Telling DLaw that. We dont exactly have an organization that tells players where they are playing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
only thing i ever heard about surtain was that he might be the safest defensive player. not the best. only person i ever heard that about was parsons
I mean I guess it depends on who you're listening to. I did hear that Parsons could be the best but he took a hit because of his off the field issues, coverage skills and the fact that he plays linebacker. I remember reading that Horn was the best prospect but due to his competition that took a hit somewhat so yeah hit did leave Surtain as the best guy on the board.

Proof

Reaction score
Well assuming that the Cowboys would trade down(we know they wouldn't trade down from that high) who are you trading down with to get their 1st next year?

i mean they traded down w/ micah in their lap for a third rounder. with 5 or so prospects available to them I could see them dealing w/ miami like the eagles did or another team wanting to move up. especially since they weren't expecting the corners to go in the top 10

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
i mean they traded down w/ micah in their lap for a third rounder. with 5 or so prospects available to them I could see them dealing w/ miami like the eagles did or another team wanting to move up. especially since they weren't expecting the corners to go in the top 10
They traded down because they could still get Micah. I do not see this team trading down from Pitts or Sewell if they are there. And quite frankly? I don't think they should've. I don't trade away from premium prospects personally.

And the Eagles trade was so foolish because they literally traded away from the 1st tier talent in the 1st round. They got LUCKY that the Cowboys were willing to trade with them...otherwise, they would've missed out on Devonta Smith. So I say its foolish but it ended up working out in the favor of the Eagles. Some nice maneuvering by them to get the guy they want.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Surtain was considered the most ready for the NFL, same as Mac Jones for QB's. Long run can be a different story.

Surtain reminded me of Byron Jones, solid and steady but not sexy, Horn might be better in the long run and is proving that in the short run as well as he's playing and Surtain got benched. And the jury hasn't even taken a lunch break on Fat Boy Boss Man Sing-a-Song.

The other element to that is the D they played on in college. I do not like drafting Bama D players, hell they have a defense most years as good as half the NFL defenses. Felt the same way about LSU back then. Claiborne and Spears played on a better D in Baton Rouge than in Dallas.

phildadon86

Reaction score
They traded down because they could still get Micah. I do not see this team trading down from Pitts or Sewell if they are there. And quite frankly? I don't think they should've. I don't trade away from premium prospects personally.

And the Eagles trade was so foolish because they literally traded away from the 1st tier talent in the 1st round. They got LUCKY that the Cowboys were willing to trade with them...otherwise, they would've missed out on Devonta Smith. So I say its foolish but it ended up working out in the favor of the Eagles. Some nice maneuvering by them to get the guy they want.
Yeah and Smith isnt exactly that great either. I would have fleeced the Eagles if that was me though. I would have wanted their second. Its a division rival.