Twitter: Jerry on the Fan

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hitting Jones financially on a secondary front is okay. He is a businessman after all. Going at him full-tilt on the financial front would likely make him double down, triple down, quadruple down... Well. You know. Besides, hitting his ego does not mean he would not incur negative impacts financially in non-direct ways.
It is true. Jones has not suffered the pain of the fanbase. That said, he has suffered from the pain of not being proved right--which is tied to the pain of not achieving Lombardi's that have Jimmy Johnson's attached scent on them.

In no way do I ask anyone reading that to feel empathy for Jones. He has built his own house of straw and he has been huffing-and-puffing it ever single season since he and Johnson parted. It would not hurt anyone to acknowledge how Jones deals with his own nonsense though. Doing so could help some people to better understand Jones insanity in a realistic fashion.
He’s brilliantly shielded himself financially from the lack of success on the field this era. Shame the fans haven’t made him feel that pain .

Not sure if it would change anything but waving the #1 in Revenue banner is an insult to our fans with these results. Those accolades were intended to be bragging rights from our success on the field.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We shouldnt draft anyone. Then we would have to pay them. Who do I sound like?

And this guy that has proven he wouldn't know a QB when he saw one is telling us all that Lawrence will be better than Dak. That's like the kiss of death for the kid.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
His house is on fire, and all he's got is a glass of whiskey to put it out.

He knows he's done. Super Bowls are past tense only.
Does that mean he’ll step down or is this just another chapter?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Does that mean he’ll step down or is this just another chapter?

RgwZTCN.jpg

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Jake, there is something we can do about it. The same thing we're doing now and do most of every season, just ***** and complain about him. At least we don't have that happening this season from a poster getting ready to drop a grand to go to a game.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
His son said the players probably didn't see the cheap shot on Dalton, and the father says he goes in the locker room and sees leadership.

They must think the fans are stupid.

Two blind, delusional buffoons.
that is the discouraging part. if they would ever stop trying to "sell" us and just speak some truths you might have hope that they actually understand the situation and who knows "maybe" start fixing it. as it is, it sure seems like they are just going to keep blathering along.

catiii

Reaction score
Most other team's fans in the NFL hate us and want us to lose simply BECAUSE of the arrogant Jones boys. Even other fans know these clowns have killed the franchise.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s brilliantly shielded himself financially from the lack of success on the field this era. Shame the fans haven’t made him feel that pain .

Not sure if it would change anything but waving the #1 in Revenue banner is an insult to our fans with these results. Those accolades were intended to be bragging rights from our success on the field.
Readers will likely criticize this idea but I bet a large banner with "#1 in NFL Revenue / 0 Super Bowls in 25 years / Thanks Jerry", held by a handful of fans in front of network cameras for a few seconds, would do more in motivating Jones into second-guessing his methods than any large scale boycotting of Cowboys merchandising over several months. And yes. I am dead serious suggesting that because he is a narcissist. Having that type of imagery displayed inside his sports mecca during a game would unsettle him in some degree.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Referring to Mike McCarthy, Jerry Jones said 'I got my man"". That's what Dr Frankenstein said after the lightning bolt.

jsb357

Reaction score
Until the results on the field start affecting the bottom line,
Jones and Co will do nothing real to address the issue.

And hire here and a fire there is just part of normal employee turnover.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well, he left a bunch of defensive that have no clue on how to play and obviously were poorly coached on how to.
It would appear that under Garrett’s watch they were much better coached.

Unless you’re suggesting if the defense would have been more successful this year that McCarthy and Nolan wouldn’t have received the credit?

DandyDon52

Reaction score

I have no idea how anyone could have confidence in this man. He can't objectively evaluate his team, yet he's going to fix it? :rolleyes:

well he sees leadership in the locker room, lol where there is nothing to lead in there lol,
so what about on the field and in practice and meetings??
I got my man, lol this means we are stuck with mike and nolan for at least 5 years !!!!!!!!!

I wonder what mikes reaction was when dalton was KO'd did he just stand there too ? Jimmy would have been out on the field!

This all falls in line with what cowherd said about admitting you made a mistake , and then taking action and making a change.
Jerry cant admit he made a mistake with mike, and kellen, so there will be no change.
he cited arizona as a team that made a quick change in HC and QB, and now have a pretty good and exciting team.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

Unless you’re suggesting if the defense would have been more successful this year that McCarthy and Nolan wouldn’t have received the credit?
I dont like JG, and dont want him back lol, but I will admit he and his goofy staff did a better job than MM and nolan.
This was shocking to me, I expected to see a much better team this year, because surely these coaches were better than JG.
But guess not they are worse lol. hard to believe, but it is quite obvious , that mm and his staff are a step .....or several steps down from JG.

But no worries lol jerry says he got his man, and everything is just fine :eek:
Jerry just cant admit hiring mike was a mistake, jones boys dont make mistakes :rolleyes:
and if he cant admit it, he wont change it.

Speaking of JG, I was watching the titans pitt game, and titans had a chance to tie game up and go to OT.
the FG unit went on the field, but were slow, and the HC was not paying attention, much like JG that time, and a assit coach tells him
time is running out, and he did same thing as JG, just turned and called timeout, and the kicker kicked it and made it.
Then after timeout lol the kicker misses it and they lose, it was just like the game dallas lost to cards way back in 2012 or in there somewhere.
He iced his own kicker. It was amazing how similar the 2 events were.

Asklesko

Reaction score
Never thought I'd see it, but Jerry seems like he feels he's on the hotseat. The walls are closing in.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
"Disappointed in our fans"? Complete lack of self-awareness and sense of accountability.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
"Disappointed in our fans"? Complete lack of self-awareness and sense of accountability.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

The defense sucked last year.