Twitter: Jerry on the Fan

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
whats wrong with the cowboys is what has always been wrong with the cowboys jerry and stephen and every one else is afraid to say anything and the team has no dogs because they if they are they wont stay the players the cowboys are all me me players and have no back bone adn no heart they like the owner are worried about their money

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish I shared your hope our fans would force the issue cumulatively. But I suspect much like in the past the first sign of any improvement they’ll be back on board.
I hoped what has happened on the field did not occur like it has. I have not hoped about anything involving fans making a cumulatively effort to moderate Jones' managerial approach. As far as the latter, any proposition would require person or persons, to jointly plan a long-term course of action, that would gradually attract and retain like-minded individuals to adopt and support it. Additionally, the hypothetical campaign must target Jones' narcissism primarily in my opinion. Past and current fantasies of making Jones do what he has never done before. by nickle-and-diming his wallet, have failed before and will continue to fail in the future.

Every successful grassroots movement has a beginning. And a smart visionary envisioning the start, middle and ending. No one has ever stepped up to take that mantle within or on behalf of cowboyszone. Just pretenders thinking hair-brained ideas will 'force' Jerry Jones into compliance. Good luck to anyone believing money will break a narcissist's way of thinking.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Parcells was great. He just didn’t want the gig.
You could see the frustration on his face with all the penalties that he couldn't fix. The players had become the dog and the coaches the tail. I think Jimmy saw the same thing happening. The money was getting so big for the players and the owners were weighing the investment in players vs coaches.

We saw it first with Magic Johnson and then John Elway and the writing was on the wall. An owner can have more money tied up in one player than his entire coaching staff.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
I hoped what has happened on the field did not occur like it has. I have not hoped about anything involving fans making a cumulatively effort to moderate Jones' managerial approach. As far as the latter, any proposition would require person or persons, to jointly plan a long-term course of action, that would gradually attract and retain like-minded individuals to adopt and support it. Additionally, the hypothetical campaign must target Jones' narcissism primarily in my opinion. Past and current fantasies of making Jones do what he has never done before. by nickle-and-diming his wallet, have failed before and will continue to fail in the future.

Every successful grassroots movement has a beginning. And a smart visionary envisioning the start, middle and ending. No one has ever stepped up to take that mantle within or on behalf of cowboyszone. Just pretenders thinking hair-brained ideas will 'force' Jerry Jones into compliance. Good luck to anyone believing money will break a narcissist's way of thinking.
very well thought out great post its going to take someone with a vision to change things in dallas

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He’s right about Trysten Hill , we haven’t been able to stop the run since he went on IR. He was playing well. He was controlling his gaps.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
if you had microphone shoved in your face and phone calls 24/7 you would respond the same way.. it was asked and answered, the media is pushing buttons and getting the proper responses..

so how about ,

you shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Imagine caring about a billionaires feelings lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d argue it appears Garrett was holding it all together.
Not holding it together as much as knowing his place, his job.

Slater reported that the players often went to Booger and Garrett was more than aware of that and knew how to play both sides. There is a lot of politician to Garrett, he knows the right things to say and when to say them.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
He wasnt but ok. We gave up 307 rushing yards with him in the game
I thought he played well with the exception of the Browns game(no one played well). But I know you’re a PFF guy , and I’m not so we will leave it at that. If you watch the Seattle and Atlanta game he played really well.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I’m not sure public humility is enough without some financial casualty.

And it probably wouldn’t be enough to force the change needed but at least he’d feel some of the pain we have weathering thru his ways.

erod

Reaction score
His house is on fire, and all he's got is a glass of whiskey to put it out.

He knows he's done. Super Bowls are past tense only.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He got a little spicy there.

I don't see in issue with what he is saying there. He has to show confidence in his HC and he should back him up.

There isn't a coach in the NFL that could make this current team good with all the injuries.

I still think the team had a great offseason with the draft and firing Howdy Doody. I applaud the positions they tried to address in FA and I am glad they didn't overspend or get into any other bad contracts.

Lamb looks amazing and Biadasz looks like a legit starter going forward. Diggs, although getting torched, I like the kid.

Trust me...………...all you guys are going to be very very happy come draft day when we have a top 5 pick in each round. And who knows, if we get high enough, someone may trade up for our pick and give us a windfall of picks to help rebuild the defense.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sure public humility is enough without some financial casualty.
Hitting Jones financially on a secondary front is okay. He is a businessman after all. Going at him full-tilt on the financial front would likely make him double down, triple down, quadruple down... Well. You know. Besides, hitting his ego does not mean he would not incur negative impacts financially in non-direct ways.
And it probably wouldn’t be enough to force the change needed but at least he’d feel some of the pain we have weathering thru his ways.
It is true. Jones has not suffered the pain of the fanbase. That said, he has suffered from the pain of not being proved right--which is tied to the pain of not achieving Lombardi's that have Jimmy Johnson's attached scent on them.

In no way do I ask anyone reading that to feel empathy for Jones. He has built his own house of straw and he has been huffing-and-puffing it ever single season since he and Johnson parted. It would not hurt anyone to acknowledge how Jones deals with his own nonsense though. Doing so could help some people to better understand Jones insanity in a realistic fashion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not holding it together as much as knowing his place, his job.

Slater reported that the players often went to Booger and Garrett was more than aware of that and knew how to play both sides. There is a lot of politician to Garrett, he knows the right things to say and when to say them.
Yep

Knowing your place and coexisting within the dysfunction was a valuable asset.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don't see in issue with what he is saying there. He has to show confidence in his HC and he should back him up.

There isn't a coach in the NFL that could make this current team good with all the injuries.

I still think the team had a great offseason with the draft and firing Howdy Doody. I applaud the positions they tried to address in FA and I am glad they didn't overspend or get into any other bad contracts.

Lamb looks amazing and Biadasz looks like a legit starter going forward. Diggs, although getting torched, I like the kid.

Trust me...………...all you guys are going to be very very happy come draft day when we have a top 5 pick in each round. And who knows, if we get high enough, someone may trade up for our pick and give us a windfall of picks to help rebuild the defense.
We shouldnt draft anyone. Then we would have to pay them. Who do I sound like?

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
At this point, the Cowboys are a hobby for a billionaire. That’s it. They’re not a seriously competitive professional organization. At least on the football side. It’s a hobby funded by people with a fraction of the owner’s income.

At some point, as a fan, your self-respect has to kick in. You’re giving him your hard earned money for him to play around. You have to stop it. You have to make his hobby unprofitable for him so it gets treated more seriously.

Stop watching them. Stop going to games. Stop buying stuff. Turn it off. Close your wallet.