Twitter: Jerry on the Fan

Brax

Reaction score
He got a little spicy there.

God, he has no problem with coaching, sees no problem with leadership, and doesn't see any lack of effort, and some wonder at the state of the Cowboys, if we listen to Jerry everything is grand so everyone just "SHUT UP" and listen to Jerry, he is a legend in his own mind and everything is going good.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger doesn't defend the players because he likes them; he defends them because he picked them. It's all about ego and the inability to admit the truth.

What he should have said was "I have too many players backing up to a paycheck and that's going to start drying up soon. I am no longer watching in hopes that we win but to see who wants to remain a Cowboy". And he should have cut a couple before going on that radio show and started with Jaylon Smith.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
He MIGHT hear the criticism of a disgruntled fan base. But he’s not felling ANY heat. He has total job security. Who is firing him?

he has a commodity worth $5 billion, he’s very much cashing those tv checks. He’s likely feeling a little revenue pinch from a 1/5 capacity in his stadium, and perhaps he’s selling less merchandise, but he’s not feeling any heat. He’s making plenty of bank, he’s never losing his job, and he’s maybe a touch sad that he’s put the worst on field product out there in 30 years. However, any of this touch of melancholy is offset when he looks at his bank account and lifetime job security for him and his family.

At this point in his life the heat may come from legacy and how many years he has left. He does not have another 25 years left in him, the clock is ticking he has got be feeling that, although not sure he is capable of changing at this point.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ve got his man.

I feel pretty good about this, then. I was worried earlier that Jerry might not have his man.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think about this, people. Clint Murchison owned the Cowboys for 25 years - from 1959 until he sold the team in 1984. The longest drought that the Cowboys had with appearing in a championship game in his tenure? 6 years (1960-1966). The longest drought without a Super Bowl appearance? 11 years (1960-1970). Without a Super Bowl win? Same as previous - 11 years.

Jerry Jones has gone 25 years without any of the above - matching the duration of time that Murchison owned the team.

If that doesn't spell failure, I don't know what else to say.
Truth bomb.

zerofill

Reaction score
Yeah getting a little sick of hearing... "it's fundamentals" with professional athletes. You should already be past the fundamentals.
You should be into the advanced learning process in the NFL. The fundamentals should have already been in place.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many successful Owner/ GMs are there in the NFL? Just curious. I’ll answer that myself. Aren’t we the only team except maybe “The Washington Football Team?
When Snyder hired Rivera, he gave him those duties as well.

CIN with Mike Brown, son of Paul Brown, is the other GM/owner team. He's the son of a legendary coach and owner and he's a bungler. Think about the heir apparent of the Cowboys and his Daddy and what we have to look forward to now.

Crazy Al was the last but he had some moxie so fans cut him some slack, he'd built two champions. His son got smart and hired a GM and let them run it. Unfortunately, he also let that GM cut his hair.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah getting a little sick of hearing... "it's fundamentals" with professional athletes. You should already be past the fundamentals.
You should be into the advanced learning process in the NFL. The fundamentals should have already been in place.
The fundamentals we’re missing starts with the fundamental truth that the owner never makes a good GM. Especially this one. The winning owners of the last 24 SBs have learned that fundamental lesson by hiring a GM. Jerry somehow misses this foundational fundamental.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’ve got his man.

I feel pretty good about this, then. I was worried earlier that Jerry might not have his man.
He did have your man but now he's got his man. I think he's had too many men. I would have stuck with Parcells and those moobs.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This is probably what many of us expected. Jerry and Stephen aren't open to suggestions that this team is in big trouble. It will take more time than most rational minds would be inclined to accept. I'm expecting them to continue being in denial of the coaching problems until some time like next year or perhaps even later. Committing to a rebuild takes a seriously expensive investment.

Good luck with setting a time limit on a frugal FO. The most likely coaching change may not come with Mike Nolan this year. I think it'll take far longer with regards to Mike McCarthy. A major surge of new players might well be anyone's guess -- probably more of an incremental change with one or two at a time. Of course, the draft will be their main influx of new players, as usual.

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
The fundamentals we’re missing starts with the fundamental truth that the owner never makes a good GM. Especially this one. The winning owners of the last 24 SBs have learned that fundamental lesson by hiring a GM. Jerry somehow misses this foundational fundamental.

Yeah, he refuses to believe a good businessman is not a good GM.
Normally good businessmen learn these things after 25 years.

I mean Jerry has nothing to show for the Dallas Cowboys since Jimmy made that team.

It is like he wants to spite himself... "I will prove that I can do this before I die."

That is the only thing I can think of. But, I don't know why he thinks hiring a real GM, is a bad thing. He still gets credit for the hire
if things go well.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerrys correct in this particular situation, cant give up on the coaches in year one, 7 games in with all thats happened and to keep harping on it would frustrate me as well..

the media is fishing and wont let up, they want a firing to spice up ratings. Its not happening nor should it..

jerry and Stephens responses are fair..

sorry if you cant see past that d why they are tried of answering the same questions..

MM didnt see this coming, we didnt see this coming and we are NOT playing with the Team that was supposed to start..not even close
dont say next man up thats if we lose 2-3 starters but to lose the entire OL and some of their backups, the QB , the backup qb and many defensed is obviously the main reasons for the bad year..no coach could fix this

they couldn't see that Mccoy, Hill, Haha, Poe, Asmith, griffen , tank and add Gregory would not live up to expectations or get hurt..

we have missed like what 13 starters on this team so far and now Dak and Dalton go down...the players brought in FA didnt pan out ..blaming coaching especially MM at this point is baseless and ignorant..

dont be that fan who are blind to the product on the field , injuries', and circumstances and how they unfolded..

it never got started..thats the deal..

they deserve 3 seasons to fix the last decade of old schemes and culture and that mean showing a lot of progres after year 3 with year 4 better bring some real success, if not then they should be let go and reboot.. i mean jeez we lasted through 10years of Garett some ups a lot of disappointment and after all these injuries' fans and media cant understand why this is such a chit show..more then one draft and FA period is needed to fix this..