Jerry on the radio this morning

Diehardblues

Reaction score
we all want to win but with the front office and head coach we have its not likely that they will
And you think without Elliott is going to help?

Why are we so upset with Elliott for wanting to get paid now. Do we not think he’s worth it?

Legend

Reaction score
if this is truly the case then the cowboys are never going to be contenders

Well, we are holding out hope Dak will be more aggressive in passing game this year to take advantage of stacked lines; even if he throws a few more INTs...

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Were we contenders last year? How about 2016?

I’d argue yes..
no they were not contenders u have to win more than a wildcard game to be a true contender contenders are teams that make a deep playoff runs over time the contenders are the teams that when they get the opportunity they don't spit the bit

Diehardblues

Reaction score
no they were not contenders u have to win more than a wildcard game to be a true contender contenders are teams that make a deep playoff runs over time the contenders are the teams that when they get the opportunity they don't spit the bit
That’s your definition perhaps but most would say if you’re a couple plays or a drive away from reaching the championship game , then you’re a contender.

mahoneybill

Reaction score

Contenders... Landrys teams..... Jimmy J's .... with those it was a reasonable given we would be in the NFC championship game ...

waldoputty

Reaction score
You didn’t answer the question ?

Let’s assume he does return after week 10. If his loss prevents us from getting a bye then it most likely lessens our chances in playoffs.

So , I’ll ask again. If Zeke doesn’t play does it lessen our chances to play for a championship. You said it was 50-50 with him. What is it without him?

of course it is less without him.
however, u jeopardize the entire house of cards by showing all the other players' agents that you will bend over.
there are many negotiations coming up, not just zeke.
the front office should have NEVER offered him top 2 $ for a rb 2 years out.
they should rescind that offer.
it is increasing future years' win probability in exchange for decreasing this year's probability.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
of course it is less without him.
however, u jeopardize the entire house of cards by showing all the other players' agents that you will bend over.
there are many negotiations coming up, not just zeke.
the front office should have NEVER offered him top 2 $ for a rb 2 years out.
they should rescind that offer.
it is increasing future years' win probability in exchange for decreasing this year's probability.
The-Future-Is-Now-Road-Sign.jpg.cf.jpg

slick325

Reaction score
I continue not to sense this type of hostility towards Elliott from my surrounding fans here. We are all concerned for the effects without Elliott but not this hostility towards him holding out.

We all get he wants to be paid now.

And Jerry is willing to pay him now. It’s just a matter now of hashing out the million or two they are apart. All part of the business of the NFL.

Agreed!

Brax

Reaction score
"Honor contracts"

That's drawing a line in the sand. Or at least pretending to.

I think elite RBs are getting screwed by the CBA, and see it as reasonable negotiating for an elite RB to holdout on is rookie deal. Zeke is a little iffy in that regard, as he is compensated as the 4th pick, which make his yearly cap hit one of the highest for RBs already.

Both sides have reasons to dig in. We'll see. The fur flies if Jerry picks up a credible vet cap casualty to pair with Pollard.

Never boring!
the real players getting hurt by these wr/rb/qb contracts are the regular players who make up 95% of the players, the union rank and file have got to stand up and say that one player can only account for so much of the cap $ there really needs to be a scale just like any other union, the players allowing this not be the case is really just unbelievable. 4 or 5 player taking up so much of the cap is wrong. Unions are meant to protect all workers not just a few and right now it appears the only ones with a voice is the high $ ones.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We’ve had a decent run winning 3 division titles in 5 years but who wouldn’t trade it for 1More Super Bowl?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
but even with zeke, our probabilty is 50-50 or less.
having him does not win this one first
just rescind the offer and use him up when he comes in game 11.
That’s fine but I’d argue it lessens our percentage to win from your 50-50 to probably 30-70, maybe less since we might not be a playoff team this year without him.

waldoputty

Reaction score
That’s fine but I’d argue it lessens our percentage to win from your 50-50 to probably 30-70, maybe less since we might not be a playoff team this year without him.

yeah, but if the team bends over, it will lose more players because there is only so much money. then you are hurting the next 5 years and more.
and as one suggested, there is no reason why zeke would not ask for more money in a year or two. the team cannot afford to be blackmailed.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
the real players getting hurt by these wr/rb/qb contracts are the regular players who make up 95% of the players, the union rank and file have got to stand up and say that one player can only account for so much of the cap $ there really needs to be a scale just like any other union, the players allowing this not be the case is really just unbelievable. 4 or 5 player taking up so much of the cap is wrong. Unions are meant to protect all workers not just a few and right now it appears the only ones with a voice is the high $ ones.

That's interesting. An obvious point once you see it, but I haven't heard anyone say it before.
+1

lukin2006

Reaction score
I do not want him back...Zeke is an embarrassing himself. 2 years left on his contract and Mr. Drama thinks he deserves a contract before others...

I hope Pollard chalks up some 100 yard games. Make Zeke expendable and ship him to Buffalo or Cincinnati.