Jerry on the radio this morning

Sydla

Reaction score
If the Cowboys' offer is still out there and stays out there, then Zeke has a lot of leverage.
  • If the Cowboys start badly, then there is a good chance that the offer gets sweetened
  • If the Cowboys do well, Zeke either comes back in week 10 and either accepts the offer of waits until next year.

In either case, it is doubtful that the Cowboys will require any fines to be paid or try to claw back the final portion of the signing bonus. Zeke might forfeit some game checks, but that isn't the largest part of his compensation this year.

If the Cowboys play well without Zeke, they could pull the offer or downsize it.

So there's more downside risk here for Elliott than you think.

Brax

Reaction score
I think Jerry is just acknowledging what actually does win NFL Championships and not what the Cowboys have or haven't done.

They want Zeke but being great at running the football isn't really the championship formula anymore.

We've had Zeke 3 years and he's been the best runner 2 out of 3 years.. No championship.
They also had Dak all 3 years, no championships, not sure what any off this matters in the big picture.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
He's still one of only a handful of our players that can claim top 3 at their respective position. Don't get cute. Get it done.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Terrell Davis had the most yards rushing in the 1998 season and the Broncos won the Super Bowl that year.

Terrell Davis was 2nd in rushing yards in the 1997 season and the Broncos won the Super Bowl that year.

that was another world without the qb protection rules and the wr protection rules
the game has changed that benefits the passing game, which in turn makes the rb less critical compared to the passing game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No, his public relations stance is that he's dug in. That is what you do when you negotiate. Zeke's team will say we're prepared to sit out and good luck with that Cowboys. Of course Jerry's public comments are what people want to hear and really, really, hope for to feel emotionally good, but until you hear they are no longer negotiating, this is just public huff and puff while still hoping to get a deal worked out.

I disagree.

Jerry has always been big on the player honoring the contract so of course he's not going to hand out another contract that heavily favors the player.

The salary cap really makes all of this stuff obvious.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It may be gamesmanship and negotiation tactics, but he was extremely aggressive with some of his comments today. He does sound legitimately pissed off.

I think he is.

I think Elliott's overmatched agent started up that "bypassing agents" business against Jerry. A bad move that made things personal.

Zeke may want to consider a change in agents.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For people who have been challenging me on this, he couldn’t be more clear: Jerry Jones is dug In for the long haul and he expects Zeke back by Week 10 to accumulate a year of service. I guess that Aug 5 date really didn’t matter after all.

Ladies and gentlemen, Zeke won’t be wearing the Star for awhile. If ever - it’s entirely possible that Zeke doesn’t care to accumulate a year on his contract and sits the entire year then demands a trade. That would be dumb, of course, since Jerry doesn’t have to trade him at all.
He'll sign this week

Reaction score
For people who have been challenging me on this, he couldn’t be more clear: Jerry Jones is dug In for the long haul and he expects Zeke back by Week 10 to accumulate a year of service. I guess that Aug 5 date really didn’t matter after all.

Ladies and gentlemen, Zeke won’t be wearing the Star for awhile. If ever - it’s entirely possible that Zeke doesn’t care to accumulate a year on his contract and sits the entire year then demands a trade. That would be dumb, of course, since Jerry doesn’t have to trade him at all.

If Zeke was smart he'd take advantage of Faulk's big mouth and jump in to let everyone know he does not support Faulk's trashing his teammates and that things have gotten out of hand. He either takes the deal or he plays the year and negotiates next off-season, like he should have done in the first place.

LittleD

Reaction score
I wish Jerry would just STHU. I am more on his side than Zekes but he could do well by shutting up.I guess this is all part of it. Run your yapper to the media

Maybe...just maybe, you should STHU!!! Jerry is just fine and if you don't know it, he's negotiating.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have heard rumors that Arceneaux himself has ratcheted up his game in order to keep from getting fired.

I think it might have the opposite effect.

Just a guess on my part, but I wonder if Jerry might have suggested a change in representation to Elliott and it got back to Arceneaux and then he started floating the "bypassing agent" allegations against Jones?

If so, the battle lines are now drawn, and I don't expect a deal will be reached unless Zeke changes agents.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry is flinching this time

This is absolute BS from Jerry and I'm one his biggest supporters. How in hell can you make such a statement with an offer on the table? IF you felt this strongly about, you should have never open discussion, period. It's the way Jags responded to Ramsey request for a deal. Told him they would not even discuss a new until AFTER his fourth year. Too late Jerry.....

This is why it interesting to me so many fans are blaming and giving Jerry and Stephen a free pass........BOTH hands are dirty with this mess.