Jerry on trade deadline: It doesn't look like we'll be doing anything

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys averaged 3.9 yards per rush attempt on Sunday, same as their average coming into today's game. Their goal is 4.5 yards per game.

Do they need running back help?

Jerry Jones: "No. I like our running backs. I don't want to dismiss anything, but that is not a pointed position of need. At all. Not on the radar."

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry Jones said he thinks the Cowboys have "some good depth" on the offensive line, but later added: "If you really looked at our team right now, the biggest need is depth in the offensive line."

As he also pointed out: "Everybody in the league is looking for starting offensive linemen. Everybody."

bigE79

Reaction score
was he just joking since they look good today

i did not see it or hear it
The one thing I was afraid of is winning big and Jerry thinking we don't need any upgrades...we need a damn run stopping LB

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It takes two, man. Maybe we made some calls and were rebuffed.
Henry was told a week ago by the Titans that they were not trading him.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
He just can't keep his big mouth shut.
Nobody contradicts himself more or talks without really saying anything than Jerruh.
Such a tool.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Todays lopsided win against a team that’s been our nemesis for the past few years is going to convince Jerry he doesn’t have to make a trade. So, I’ll be surprised if we do anything before the trade deadline now to improve.

slick325

Reaction score
Sad thing is, the Jones boys always tip their hands. They don't do deception well like other GMs or front office people. Jerry is telling everyone what they are doing.

I would look to add a LG, Henry, a LB or a CB. But, not gonna happen because Jerry would have to admit that HE didn't put a team together that is good enough to topple the Eagles and 49ers in the NFC or the top AFC teams.

This may be a mistake, Jones boys.

JBS

Reaction score
Ehhh doubt it

They move the way they move..meaning, if something falls in their lap, they’ll do it..they never were going to go out and be aggressive

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Got screwed. Dumb and dumber think blowing out rams means nothing needs be done. When eagles blow us out by 21 Sunday will be too late to do anything. Wake up Jerry!!!!!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Todays lopsided win against a team that’s been our nemesis for the past few years is going to convince Jerry he doesn’t have to make a trade. So, I’ll be surprised if we do anything before the trade deadline now to improve.
I'm more concerned about them getting a big head after beating a bad team. They're not facing another bad team next week