Jerry, please do not sign AP

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I want a dominating running game again, like we had last year, not simply 'effective'. I've seen recent comments from Jerry Jones talking about the numbers that Barber and Murray put up in years' past. Don't care, don't want. Not equal to me. I hope it's just a negotiating tactic and not something he truly believes.

If I'm in charge, I either have to have Murray back, sign Peterson, or draft Todd Gurley at #27 (though there's no guarantee he gets there), and not Gordon! No committee stuff, no lying to myself and trying to 'get by' and weaken the best part of my 12-4 team.

I like that, but I would go 6-7m with Murray if it wasn't back loaded, just pay as you go.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like that, but I would go 6-7m with Murray if it wasn't back loaded, just pay as you go.

Between Romo's $27 million charge, $7 million for Murray, and then $13 million for Dez on a tag, that's $47 million of your cap tied up in your triplets. Nearly 1/3rd of your entire cap on three players.

Some serious coin.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Between Romo's $27 million charge, $7 million for Murray, and then $13 million for Dez on a tag, that's $47 million of your cap tied up in your triplets. Nearly 1/3rd of your entire cap on three players.

Some serious coin.

Who else do you save it for?? McClain and Free

I would rather pay my stars.

Romo will be restructured down to 15m, so that's another 12m for a DE

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Some serious coin.

Same scenario the team had in the 90s.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I want a dominating running game again, like we had last year, not simply 'effective'. I've seen recent comments from Jerry Jones talking about the numbers that Barber and Murray put up in years' past. Don't care, don't want. Not equal to me. I hope it's just a negotiating tactic and not something he truly believes.

If I'm in charge, I either have to have Murray back, sign Peterson, or draft Todd Gurley at #27 (though there's no guarantee he gets there), and not Gordon! No committee stuff, no lying to myself and trying to 'get by' and weaken the best part of my 12-4 team.

I agree with you and absolutely hate the idea of RB by committee. When we have been a dominant run team it was by having solid RBs.
That said if Murray does come back, I would lighten the load a little more.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who else do you save it for?? McClain and Free

I would rather pay my stars.

Romo will be restructured down to 15m, so that's another 12m for a DE

I can dig that!

I'm all about paying whatever it takes to get a pass rusher the caliber of Greg Hardy.

$60 million-ish over 5 years? Sign me up.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with you and absolutely hate the idea of RB by committee. When we have been a dominant run team it was by having solid RBs.
That said if Murray does come back, I would lighten the load a little more.

A slight adjustment? Sure. Although he denied it, he looked to me to have slowed late in the season, and despite being an idiot off the field, Randle did a fine job when he had his opportunities.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
A slight adjustment? Sure. Although he denied it, he looked to me to have slowed late in the season, and despite being an idiot off the field, Randle did a fine job when he had his opportunities.

I don't know if he slowed, he ran for what a buck twenty five against GB in the playoffs. I would give Randle more work no matter who we end up with at RB. I just wouldn't give Randle the nod as my starter.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know if he slowed, he ran for what a buck twenty five against GB in the playoffs.

But I think you would have to admit that he left a ton of yards (and scoring) on the field that day too.

I would give Randle more work no matter who we end up with at RB. I just wouldn't give Randle the nod as my starter.

Oh yeah, I don't trust the idiot as far as I can throw him. Even if he gets cleared in this most recent case, he's hanging by the smallest of threads.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
But I think you would have to admit that he left a ton of yards (and scoring) on the field that day too.

When he fumbled yeah, If he would have held on to the ball he would have either scored or been real close. Other than that 125 against another playoff team? I can't call that a bad day.

Oh yeah, I don't trust the idiot as far as I can throw him. Even if he gets cleared in this most recent case, he's hanging by the smallest of threads.

I feel the same way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than that 125 against another playoff team? I can't call that a bad day..

No, not a bad day by a longshot. But to me, overall he didn't look like he had the same speed and explosion he did at the start of the season.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
No, not a bad day by a longshot. But to me, overall he didn't look like he had the same speed and explosion he did at the start of the season.

Good lord that would drop him into the Witten range of speed. He's not that fast to begin with.:laugh:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I still think if they offer a 4m base and 200k a game played which would be 7.2m that would be fair to both sides

Don't pro-rate any signing bonus and tell Murray he will make the 7.2m as long as he is effective. Otherwise they can walk away without any long-term hit or dead money

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You say that but I'm not convinced. Just because we can doesn't mean we will. We may do some but not that far.

I think Romo's restructure decision is directly tied to the decision on a big-time free agent DE.

If they decide to go after one, they redo Romo's deal to find the money, if not, they don't.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You say that but I'm not convinced. Just because we can doesn't mean we will. We may do some but not that far.

It really doesn't change anything with Romo long-term by not doing it. It only adds about 5m in Dead money to Romo's deal if he plays another 2-3 years. They can always roll it over if they don't use it, so there is no harm.