Jerry, please don't let us down...Draft a QB first!!!!!

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
We have the highest pick we've had in many, many years. We have an aging QB who has a couple years left if that. We are in need of the most important position on the field. I don't care if we have to move up...GET THE BEST QB THIS YEAR! I know this has been discussed in numerous threads but I'm hearing and reading in different places that we may not pick a QB first. I understand that we may bring in Johnny or RGIII but something tells me this may satisfy the coaches and not put QB as priority #1 in the draft. Neither of these guys are a franchise QB although they can play but the way they play, even if they are good enough, they won't last with their playing style. I do know that if we do draft the best QB in the draft its still a risk because you just never know if the guy will be any good but you have to roll with it and put yourself out there. The bigger the risk, the bigger the reward really doesn't apply here but u have to give it a shot. Please draft a QB first Jerry. I'm tired of hearing that this crop of QB's are not that good? This is bull especially with how hit and miss the scouts are these days. They just don't know. Get whoever is considered the best and go from there...........Its all you can do and if it doesn't work out at least you tried, which is more than Jerry has been doing with these long shots since Aikman..unless ur talking Romo.....I know many will disagree but I don't care. Its our turn to pick a QB high. Just do it!!!

conner01

Reaction score
You can't win in today's nfl without a solid QB so if there is one there, you better take him
I would love a big nasty DT and think that could really help the D immediately but qb's are hard to get and when you get the chance and have an old one playing for you, you better take it

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I had been gung ho for a QB since November....and Ive been on the Lynch bandwagon since December. (Still think he's the best) But Im startin to get cold on that....I still think Romo has 2 yrs or less and we need to do somethin, but I like Dave Helman's plan of gettin a more than solid backup if we can ( fingers crossed Denver doesnt re-sign Osweiler) and then draft Cardale Jones.....that way we can go defense with our first two picks (or possibly WR/RB with one)...

all that said, Im not gonna be salty if we get Goff or Lynch...Im just not quite as dead set as I was for the past few months...

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I had been gung ho for a QB since November....and Ive been on the Lynch bandwagon since December. (Still think he's the best) But Im startin to get cold on that....I still think Romo has 2 yrs or less and we need to do somethin, but I like Dave Helman's plan of gettin a more than solid backup if we can ( fingers crossed Denver doesnt re-sign Osweiler) and then draft Cardale Jones.....that way we can go defense with our first two picks (or possibly WR/RB with one)...

all that said, Im not gonna be salty if we get Goff or Lynch...Im just not quite as dead set as I was for the past few months...

Cardale Jones is atrocious. That's a waste of a pick. I would rather take someone like Hogan who would likely be a good backup at least.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I've been saying QB in the first since Romo went down the first time. Then the rest of the draft can go defense..

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
he's atrocious right now for sure, but his ceiling is very high if he can be worked with.....

He seems kinda fat.... I'd like to see someone more athletic back there. Some one who passes first but can run when called for.

Hardline

Reaction score
We already have a clipboard holder.
This team needs at least 2 or 3 starters from this draft.

jnday

Reaction score
I honestly don't understand why a fan would be for repeating the post-Aikman years. The QB position is by far the most important position on the team and this team has no future at the QB position right now. Romo can not be depended on to play many games over the next couple of years. His replacement needs to be drafted now.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'd say there's a 95% chance dallas doesn't go qb in the first 2 rounds.

I'm a litle torn on it but I would go impact player instead