Jerry, please don't let us down...Draft a QB first!!!!!

bodi

Reaction score
If Jerry thinks that ROMO has 3, 4 or 5 years left he sadly mistaken IMO

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...6/01/27/jerry-jones-luxury-tony-romo-draft-qb

"No, not at all," Jones said. "There's no have-to in my mind because we have the luxury of having Tony Romo for the minimum of three to five years. So we're going to play football and hopefully play well with a healthy Romo."

OMG Jerry get a clue

Hardline

Reaction score
lol. That will make a quantum leap from terrible to still pretty terrible next year. Because we have ONE MORE STARTER. Yay!

We need an infusion of talent on a team that went 12-4 just 2 seasons ago. It all boils down to surrounding Romo with more on the feild talent.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I honestly don't understand why a fan would be for repeating the post-Aikman years. The QB position is by far the most important position on the team and this team has no future at the QB position right now. Romo can not be depended on to play many games over the next couple of years. His replacement needs to be drafted now.

It's like every year. It's the hope that Romo can stay healthy because that's all we got.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
We need an infusion of talent on a team that went 12-4 just 2 seasons ago. It all boils down to surrounding Romo with more on the feild talent.

Romo will get injured again. So who cares of the so called talent they surround him with (from the draft). It still won't be enough to get us into the playoffs.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I'd say there's a 95% chance dallas doesn't go qb in the first 2 rounds.

I'm a litle torn on it but I would go impact player instead

If we don't take a QB in the first, then we better not take one in the 2nd. None of the QB's after the top 3 warrant a pick at #34. So much other talent, especially DL to squander on a pick on someone like Cook or Prescott in the 2nd.

endersdragon

Reaction score
If we stay at 4 only Wentz will be there... And I really don't like him that early. I have little doubt a QB starved team (likely Philly or Rams) will trade up to make sure they get their QB if we plan to get a QB ourselves (or show any signs we might)

waving monkey

Reaction score

and Romo will get it
Drafting a QB in the 1st allows for other quality picks and FA to fill holes.
We have different ideas and thats understandable

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
I'd say there's a 95% chance dallas doesn't go qb in the first 2 rounds.

I'm a litle torn on it but I would go impact player instead

So you don't think a possible future franchise QB is an impact player? I'd say he would be THE MOST impactful player we'd have. Just not for a couple years is all.

waving monkey

Reaction score
If we stay at 4 only Wentz will be there... And I really don't like him that early. I have little doubt a QB starved team (likely Philly or Rams) will trade up to make sure they get their QB if we plan to get a QB ourselves (or show any signs we might)

Wentz very well may not be there
Browns are in the mix

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
So you don't think a possible future franchise QB is an impact player? I'd say he would be THE MOST impactful player we'd have. Just not for a couple years is all.

No he won't help the team win until many years down the road if it does happen.

bodi

Reaction score
so a lot more 4-8 win seasons I guess we will just have3 to settle for that

vicjagger

Reaction score
If we are dumping Romo and drafting a new starter, then I am with you

If you hope this new qb doesn't see the field for several years, as I do, then I don't like the idea of using #4 on him. Perhaps a trade back or grab one later.