Jerry please don't make any trades!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What point would it serve to give up draft capital to trade for a player. If we were to make a trade I'm hoping it's not with a premium pick, as this should have been done in the off season. If you THINK you can get a steal using a 5th, I think we could handle that better as we're most likely going to have several.

Don't fall into the pressure Jerry of trying to save face when there's no need, I'm not sure one new addition can help right this ship. Who knows, please give your thoughts!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry isn't trading for a player unless it's a day 3 pick. Possible give up a 5th but more than likely one of those get a player and swap 6th and 7th rounders.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You realize your can make a comment on other threads, right?
gopher-look.gif

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jerry isn't trading for a player unless it's a day 3 pick. Possible give up a 5th but more than likely one of those get a player and swap 6th and 7th rounders.
There is a build up of picks there for next year's draft.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
What point would it serve to give up draft capital to trade for a player. If we were to make a trade I'm hoping it's not with a premium pick, as this should have been done in the off season. If you THINK you can get a steal using a 5th, I think we could handle that better as we're most likely going to have several.

Don't fall into the pressure Jerry of trying to save face when there's no need, I'm not sure one new addition can help right this ship. Who knows, please give your thoughts!
Based on the offseason and fact McCarthy is on his last year I doubt the Cowboys would spend significant draft capital midseason. Also when we make those big trades its usually only for a receiver which probably isn't perceived as a high need after the Lamb contract and Cooks trade last year.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Nah don’t worry.

Either a high pick next year was part of the plan all along or these two are even worse at this than I had thought.

If they are going to continue with this draft only strategy which has proven to not work, they need to find a way to accumulate more picks….Jerry would never trade a guy like Diggs, so that leaves them with getting a top 5-7 pick and parlay it into more with multiple trades down.

Maybe it’s just me hoping this quasi tank they pulled this off-season has some sort of a real plan behind it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

maybe a 4th round pick for another QB might be the way to go...no? don't you think?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nah don’t worry.

Either a high pick next year was part of the plan all along or these two are even worse at this than I had thought.

If they are going to continue with this draft only strategy which has proven to not work, they need to find a way to accumulate more picks….Jerry would never trade a guy like Diggs, so that leaves them with getting a top 5-7 pick and parlay it into more with multiple trades down.

Maybe it’s just me hoping this quasi tank they pulled this off-season has some sort of a real plan behind it.

There's no plan at all