Jerry please don't make any trades!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No team will trade a productive D-lineman unless they have baggage or a team offers something insane.

There are plenty of warm bodies available on practice squads but a team will have to wait until the postseason if they want quality.
I don't think that's the market right now but if they want to improve the offense there are some running backs and receivers available for trade. If they do trade I'd expect it to be on that side of the ball.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What point would it serve to give up draft capital to trade for a player. If we were to make a trade I'm hoping it's not with a premium pick, as this should have been done in the off season. If you THINK you can get a steal using a 5th, I think we could handle that better as we're most likely going to have several.

Don't fall into the pressure Jerry of trying to save face when there's no need, I'm not sure one new addition can help right this ship. Who knows, please give your thoughts!
He's not going to trade until the new HC arrives.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
We absolutely need to trade for a sure thing. We can't even hit on a DT in the first round, apparently.

glimmerman

Reaction score
What point would it serve to give up draft capital to trade for a player. If we were to make a trade I'm hoping it's not with a premium pick, as this should have been done in the off season. If you THINK you can get a steal using a 5th, I think we could handle that better as we're most likely going to have several.

Don't fall into the pressure Jerry of trying to save face when there's no need, I'm not sure one new addition can help right this ship. Who knows, please give your thoughts!
He should have gotten these players for money during FA. He could have signed Dak to his deal way earlier and moved money around on the cap and gotten a DT that can play. Henry was available for RB. And gotten another WR.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He should have gotten these players for money during FA. He could have signed Dak to his deal way earlier and moved money around on the cap and gotten a DT that can play. Henry was available for RB. And gotten another WR.
he didn't want to, magically now is the time to think of it when it's harder, he's better off tanking and trying next season

Rowdy1

Reaction score
absolutely. let the ship sink. but when ratings dip or they start flexing the cowboys out of coverage slots, he will do something. just stacking mistake after mistake. it's the cowboys way!!
Unfortunately, I believe you are right. I'm just praying we can manage to win more than we lose this season. Never thought I would see Jerry tank a season but...

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I dont expect any kind of high value trades.

This is clearly a rebuilding year. Maybe even next year. To me it was clear even before the start of the new season.
Of course JJ and his sun wont admit that because it would hurt their season ticket sales.

Maybe we will trade lower round picks (5th, 6th etc..) for young players who are going to help us down the road,

We will try to push all (as much of) our money (25 mills ?) to 2025. Just becasue of Daks cap hit we essentially have to.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I dont expect any kind of high value trades.

This is clearly a rebuilding year. Maybe even next year. To me it was clear even before the start of the new season.
Of course JJ and his sun wont admit that because it would hurt their season ticket sales.

Maybe we will trade lower round picks (5th, 6th etc..) for young players who are going to help us down the road,

We will try to push all (as much of) our money (25 mills ?) to 2025. Just becasue of Daks cap hit we essentially have to.
then do what with the money we have?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah don’t worry.

Either a high pick next year was part of the plan all along or these two are even worse at this than I had thought.

If they are going to continue with this draft only strategy which has proven to not work, they need to find a way to accumulate more picks….Jerry would never trade a guy like Diggs, so that leaves them with getting a top 5-7 pick and parlay it into more with multiple trades down.

Maybe it’s just me hoping this quasi tank they pulled this off-season has some sort of a real plan behind it.
Jerry has made it clear for years, he would rather be mediocre and “relevant” than horrible and get a better draft position.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Jerry has made it clear for years, he would rather be mediocre and “relevant” than horrible and get a better draft position.
Unless Johnny Walker Blue has some sort of life-preserving mineral in it that I am unaware of, Jerry better do some self-reflecting on recent strategies and adjust accordingly, cause Father Time is quickly closing the gap on ol' Jerral.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah I suppose, but how stubborn can they actually be by doing the same thing again and again with the same results for the same reasons?

You’d think it would click in their brains that they need to either sign decent free agents or at least get more picks somehow if they insist on counting on rookies while trying to win. The three drafts in team history that sent the team to a different level….75, 91, 05…..all had one thing in common…multiple first rounders.

Then again the kid did actually say their biggest problem is the ball not bouncing the right way in the playoffs, when that would need to happen for three entire games more than it’s happened anytime recently. I’m not thinking that’s the issue.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Jerry please make no decisions what so ever.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I agree, but Jerry probably thinks we are one wide receiver away from super bowl #6.

Don't be surprised if he makes a bonehead trade between now and the trading deadline.