Jerry please don't make any trades!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agree. For that much money we could have had Henry and a pile of cash left.
yeah we couldn't afford him but now somehow we can afford a pass rusher that wants like 20 or so million a year hmm make it make sense if this were even a thought in jerruh's head

Aven8

Reaction score
It would be the stupid move Jerry would make to try and seem like he's done something great
If we were a contender it would be a no brainer with the injuries. Zimm could run the wide 9 with he and Micah. But we aren’t a contender so no point in killing the draft picks

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What point would it serve to give up draft capital to trade for a player. If we were to make a trade I'm hoping it's not with a premium pick, as this should have been done in the off season. If you THINK you can get a steal using a 5th, I think we could handle that better as we're most likely going to have several.

Don't fall into the pressure Jerry of trying to save face when there's no need, I'm not sure one new addition can help right this ship. Who knows, please give your thoughts!
:hammer:It’s too late. He should have brought in some defensive linemen and a veteran running back (happens to a home in the DFW area) in free agency.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree. For that much money we could have had Henry and a pile of cash left.
yeah we couldn't afford him but now somehow we can afford a pass rusher that wants like 20 or so million a year hmm make it make sense if this were even a thought in jerruh's head
At the time they did not have the cap to bring him in, or not much for any player. But they could have created it if they wanted to.

They did not get the cap space they have now until right before the season started.

Still it is their own fault, due to stubbornness and stupidity.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Laughing?
What has he done to get them any further than we went with him?
What has Dak or anyone else done in helping us going further than we've been??? I don't see why someone would want him here, all it's going to do is get stats and cause us to spend money we could use somewhere else. The fact that we could have been aggressive and not tight with their money (like you) lol, we wouldn't have to think about stuff like this

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What has Dak or anyone else done in helping us going further than we've been??? I don't see why someone would want him here, all it's going to do is get stats and cause us to spend money we could use somewhere else. The fact that we could have been aggressive and not tight with their money (like you) lol, we wouldn't have to think about stuff like this
Has nothing to do with Dak. This thread has nothing to do with Dak. You brought it up about Amari like they took our lunch money. Well they did, but it was huge chunk of lunch money that saved us from more cap hell.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Has nothing to do with Dak. This thread has nothing to do with Dak. You brought it up about Amari like they took our lunch money. Well they did, but it was huge chunk of lunch money that saved us from more cap hell.
It wasn't about the cap money, you said it was about the cap money, it was about the PICK we traded him for a 5th rounder. Please don't try to say I'm off topic, I love this forum, I want to follow all the rules of this great place, play nice big fella!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

plasticman

Reaction score
No team will trade a productive D-lineman unless they have baggage or a team offers something insane.

There are plenty of warm bodies available on practice squads but a team will have to wait until the postseason if they want quality.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What point would it serve to give up draft capital to trade for a player. If we were to make a trade I'm hoping it's not with a premium pick, as this should have been done in the off season. If you THINK you can get a steal using a 5th, I think we could handle that better as we're most likely going to have several.

Don't fall into the pressure Jerry of trying to save face when there's no need, I'm not sure one new addition can help right this ship. Who knows, please give your thoughts!
I don't get why you wouldn't trade? I'd rather trade for a veteran right now than draft the next Eric Scott and cut him.